LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:00 am
As a reminder, this is part of the second of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 32
Elven - 21
Gandalf - 34
Gollum - 10
Orc - 42
Sauron - 30
Shire - 17
White - 14

0 • The Arkenstone of Thrain Dwarven
Artifact
Res: -2
Bearer must be Thorin.
Maneuver: Discard a Dwarven instrument to heal a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Discard a Dwarven possession to make a Dwarf strength +2.
Regroup: Discard a Dwarven condition to play a Dwarven possession from your discard pile.
... the Heart of the Mountain.
H2 R 1

4 • Balin and • Dwalin, Noble Companions Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Vit: 4
Res: 7
Composite.
Locked:
Bilbo is damage +1.
Fellowship: Exert this companion to play a Dwarven tale from your draw deck.
When he got back, Balin and Dwalin were talking at the table like old friends (as a matter of fact they were brothers).
H2 R 2

2 • Bifur and • Bofur, Large Companions Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Composite.
Locked: Fellowship:
Discard a Dwarven event from your hand to play a Shire or Gandalf condition from your discard pile.
Maneuver: Discard a Dwarven condition to take into hand a Gandalf or Shire event from your discard pile.
’It is not like you, Bilbo, to keep friends waiting on the mat, and then open the door like a pop-gun! Let me introduce Bifur, [and] Bofur...’
H2 U 3

4 • Dain Ironfoot, Lord of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 9
Damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard 2 cards from hand to make a Dwarf or Gandalf Man strength +1.
There now Dain son of Nain took up his abode, and he became King under the Mountain...
H2 R 4

1 Desperate Venture Dwarven
Event • Response
If a minion is played, spot a Dwarf and add a threat to Lock it until the end of the turn.
’After that the trouble would begin.’ ’A long time before that, if I know anything about the roads East,’ interrupted Gandalf.
H2 U 5

2 Dwarf Axeman Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Locked: This companion is strength +2.
With cries of ’Moria’ and ’Dain, Dain!’ the dwarves of the Iron Hills plunged in, wielding their mattocks...
H2 C 6

2 Dwarf Blacksmith Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Skirmish: If you have exactly 3 or 7 cards in hand, discard a card from hand to make a Dwarf or Man bearing a possession or artifact damage +1.
... his legs were covered with hose of... metal mesh, the secret of whose making was possessed by Dain’s people.
H2 U 7

2 Dwarfish Hearts Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Add a threat and spot 3 Dwarves to discard an artifact or possession.
... when the heart of a dwarf, even the most respectable, is wakened by gold and by jewels, he grows suddenly bold and he may become fierce.
H2 R 8

3 Dwarf of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time you play a Dwarven event in a skirmish involving this companion, you may exert him to draw a card.
... for Thorin had many relatives.
H2 U 9

2 Dwarf Veteran Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Locked: This companion is damage +2.
Their caps were of iron and they were shod with iron, and their faces were grim.
H2 C 10

3 Dwarf Warrior Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
While you can spot a Dwarf, this companion’s twilight cost is -1.
While you have exactly 4 cards in hand, this companion is strength +2.
... each of them also had a short broad sword at his side and a round-shield slung at his back.
H2 C 11

1 Dwarven Bow Dwarven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Str: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Lock bearer until the end of the regroup phase to wound a minion.
Before Throrin could cry out three of the dwarves had leaped to their feet and loosed off arrows...
H2 U 12

1 Dwarven Throng Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish:
Discard a Dwarven condition to make a Dwarf strength +1 (and damage +1 if that Dwarf is Locked).
’Quite a merry gathering! I hope there is something left for the late-comers to eat and drink!’
H2 C 13

1 Enchanted Gold Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Lock a Dwarven instrument until the end of the regroup phase to make all players discard one of their cards from play. Draw a card for each card discarded in this way.
... the hobbit felt the love of beautiful things made by hands and by cunning and by magic moving through him... the desire of the hearts of dwarves.
H2 R 14

1 Enchanted Harp Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While you can spot 3 Dwarven tales, bearer is Unlocked.
While bearer is Locked, he is strength +1.
The dark hall was filled with melody that had long been silent.
H2 C 15

2 • Great Days of Old Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a unique Dwarf.
Each time your hand size drops below 4 cards, you may spot a Gandalf Man and a Dwarf to add +1 to the fellowship archery total until the regroup phase.
Each time you Unlock a Dwarven card, you may make a Gandalf Man damage +1 until the regroup phase.
H2 U 16

2 Heavy Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +3
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Lock bearer until the end of the regroup phase to make him strength +2 or damage +1.
In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks...
H2 C 17

5 • Host of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 9
Damage +1.
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat or discard a card from hand.
The dwarves are exceedingly strong for their height, but most of these were strong even for dwarves.
H2 R 18

1 Important Occasion Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Choose one: exert a Gandalf Man and heal a Dwarf to remove a threat; or exert a Dwarf and heal a Gandalf Man to draw 2 cards.
’His crown shall be upholden, / His harp shall be restrung, / His halls shall echo golden / To songs of yore re-sung.’
H2 C 19

2 • Kili and • Fili, Young Companions Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 5
Composite.
While you can spot Gandalf, this companion is strength +2.
While you can spot Bilbo, this companion is damage +1.
They had very sharp eyes, being the youngest of the dwarves by some 50 years...
H2 U 20

1 • King of Carven Stone Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a unique Dwarf.
While you can spot 5 threats, each Gandalf Man is damage +1.
Skirmish: Lock a Dwarf (and all cards he bears) until the regroup phase to make a Gandalf Man strength +3. Discard this condition.
’The lord of silver fountains / Shall come into his own!’
H2 U 21

2 Messenger Raven Dwarven
Follower
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Transfer this follower to your support area to draw 2 cards.
As they worked the ravens brought them constant tidings.
H2 C 22

2 • Mithril Coat, Kingly Gift Dwarven
Artifact • Armor
To play spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Locked: Each minion skirmishing Bilbo is Locked.
Response: If a card is played during a skirmish involving Bilbo, Lock him to stack it on a Shire condition.
With that he put on Bilbo a small coat of mail, wrought for some young elf-prince long ago.
H2 R 23

0 No Need of Weapons Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Choose one: spot a Gandalf Man and add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +3; or spot a Dwarf and discard a card from hand to make a Gandalf Man damage +1.
’But lock nor bar can hinder the homecoming spoken of old.’
H2 C 24

3 • Oin and • Gloin, Disgruntled Companions Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Composite.
While you can spot a Dwarf, this companion’s twilight cost is -1.
Each time a possession or artifact is played on Gandalf, you may remove 3.
Each time a possession or artifact is played on Bilbo, you may heal this companion.
Then the rain began to pour down worse than ever, and Oin and Gloin began to fight.
H2 R 25

1 • Old Songs Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may Lock a Dwarven instrument until the end of the regroup phase to heal the bearer of that instrument.
The dark filled the room, and the fire died down... and still they played on.
H2 U 26

2 • Ori, • Nori and • Dori, Faithful Companions Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Composite.
Each time you play a Dwarven event, you may add a threat.
Each time you play a Gandalf event, you may exert this companion to remove a threat.
Each time you play a Shire event, you may heal this companion.
... and very soon two purple hoods [and] a grey hood... were hanging on the pegs...
H1 U 27

2 Raven of Erebor Dwarven
Follower
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time this follower is transferred to a Dwarf, you may make an opponent choose to discard 2 cards from their hand or 5 cards from the top of their draw deck.
’There used to be great friendship between [the ravens] and the people of Thror...’
H2 U 28

1 Riding Pony Dwarven
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Lock bearer until the end of the regroup phase to heal him and make him resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
... after the meal they mounted the steeds he was lending them, and bidding him many farewells they rode off through his gate at a good pace.
H2 U 29

1 • Roac, Son of Carc Dwarven
Follower
Res: +1
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time Roac is transferred, you may draw a card.
’We are few, but we remember still the king that was of old.’
H2 R 30

4 • Thorin, King Under the Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 10
Res: 5
Thorin cannot be Locked (his game text cannot be cancelled).
If Thorin does not bear an artifact at the start of the regroup phase, place him in the dead pile.
Each time Thorin wins a skirmish, you may exert him to make each Dwarven and Gandalf companion damage +1 until the regroup phase.
’Who are you that come armed for war to the gates of Thorin son of Thrain, King Under the Mountain!’
H2 R 31

1 Thorin & Company Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Exert Bilbo and spot Gandalf to remove a threat.
Skirmish: Spot Bilbo and add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +1 (limit +2).
Regroup: Exert 2 Dwarves to play Gandalf from your discard pile.
’And I am not going to allow you to back out now... You have to look after all these dwarves for me...’
H2 C 32

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:38 pm; edited 19 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:13 am
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact
Bearer must be Thorin.
Regroup: Discard a Dwarven condition to play a Dwarven possession from your discard pile.
H2 R 1

Ok.

And a nice huge and dangerous Thorin to go with it:

5 • Thorin, King Under the Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Res: 4
If Thorin does not bear an artifact at the start of the regroup phase, place him in the dead pile.
Each time Thorin wins a skirmish, you may exert him to make each Dwarven and Gandalf companion damage +1 until the regroup phase.
’Who are you that come armed for war to the gates of Thorin son of Thrain, King Under the Mountain!’
H2 R 31

Erm yeah ok as well.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:21 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Artifact
Bearer must be Thorin.
H2 R 1

Whoa. The resistance is a decent drawback, but I think I might pile on some threats or burdens somehow with those abilities.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
H2 R 31

Considering his huge drawback, I think you can raise his resistance a bit, and probably even lower his cost to 4.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:40 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact
Bearer must be Thorin.
H2 R 1
nice! maybe make bearer must be a dwarf instead of thoring

Companion • Dwarf
H2 R 31

interesting with the artifact. cut cost to 4 like mithrandir.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:06 pm
Range of views on the Arkenstone. I think I’ll leave it, as I want to it to represent its effect on Thorin and dwarves already have loads of threats and resistance comes into play in the White Council.

As for the Thorin, consider his cost lowered. Thanks guys.

Just one more I think before I’m gone once more. If you remember, the Dwarves add threats a lot, and Gandalf continually discards and replays himself. Hence this card to bring them together:

Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Spot Bilbo and add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +1 (limit +2).
’And I am not going to allow you to back out now... You have to look after all these dwarves for me...’
H2 C 32

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:27 am
Thranduil wrote:
Range of views on the Arkenstone. I think I’ll leave it, as I want to it to represent its effect on Thorin and dwarves already have loads of threats and resistance comes into play in the White Council.

As for the Thorin, consider his cost lowered. Thanks guys.

Just one more I think before I’m gone once more. If you remember, the Dwarves add threats a lot, and Gandalf continually discards and replays himself. Hence this card to bring them together:

Condition • Supprot Area
Skirmish: Spot Bilbo and add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +1 (limit +1).
H2 C 32

Thranduil

Supprot area? Very Happy Id up the limit on the 2nd ability. Cool though.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
definitely up the limit to 2-3
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:39 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Supprot Area
Skirmish: Spot Bilbo and add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +1 (limit +1).
H2 C 32

Agreed with the others. Nifty card! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:56 am
Haven’t you heard of the ’supprot area’ lem0n? And how long have you been playing this game? Razz

Corrected the spelling and upped the limit. Thanks guys.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:49 am
Right, I’m now back more or less for good, so it’s time to get this thread properly started with some lovely Dwarves.

For these new cards, however, I need to explain a keyword. The first thing I’ll explain is that the name is crap, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Composite
Basically, a Composite companion has more than one uniqueness dot and counts as all characters mentioned after each dot, but only counts as a single card and therefore 1 companion.

Examples of this rule in play is, you couldn’t play the following card if you had a copy of Kili or Fili in play or your dead pile, but it’s still only 1 Dwarf and 1 companion. Also, their instrument (I don’t remember which one) from the first set names them, and it would work on this card as well, but you couldn’t have 2 on the same card obviously.

So, as the first one:

2 • Kili and • Fili, Young Companions Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 5
Composite.
While you can spot Gandalf, this companion is strength +2.
While you can spot Bilbo, this companion is damage +1.
They had very sharp eyes, being the youngest of the dwarves by some 50 years...
H2 U 18

What’s the point, you may ask? This keyword is basically for 1 reason and 1 reason only: so that you can have all the Dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf in your fellowship. And so, the theme of all these composite Dwarves is the tri-culture of Gandalf/Shire/Dwarven.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards