LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:30 am
Unlocked one of the abilities and added the other culture on each ability. Better now?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:31 am
Sorry about the double post, my browser was mucking up.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:14 pm
Think its CC acting up mate its being inconsistent with me as well.

Bit better now dude.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:39 am
Okay, we now move from Thorin’s company to the Dwarves of the Iron Hills. A major theme of this set (as the Battle of the Five Armies) is culture-crossing and alliances, meaning that most of these Dwarves are built to work with the Gandalf Men, and until you’ve seen them it’s hard to judge the Dwarven cards fairly. So I will now be going through cards that work without the Lake-men and will get to the others in the Gandalf culture.

Before we get into the serious Dwarves, it’s worth remembering the 2 major strategies of the first set (which you can find, for reference, here):
1) Threats (ie. events add threats and conditions make Dwarves harder the more threats there are)
2) Instruments (ie. Dwarves with Locked abilities are Unlocked by playing instruments on them)

Starting very simply, therefore:

2 Dwarf Axeman Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Locked: This companion is strength +2.
With cries of ’Moria’ and ’Dain, Dain!’ the dwarves of the Iron Hills plunged in, wielding their mattocks...
H2 C 5

2 Dwarf Veteran Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Locked: This companion is damage +2.
Their caps were of iron and they were shod with iron, and their faces were grim.
H2 C 9

1 Enchanted Harp Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While you can spot 3 Dwarven tales, bearer is Unlocked.
While bearer is Locked, he is strength +1.
The dark hall was filled with melody that had long been silent.
H2 C 14

1 Dwarven Throng Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish:
Discard a Dwarven condition to make a Dwarf strength +1 (and damage +1 if that Dwarf is Locked).
’Quite a merry gathering! I hope there is something left for the late-comers to eat and drink!’
H2 C 12

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
all were good!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:36 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Dwarf Axeman Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Locked: This companion is strength +2.
With cries of ’Moria’ and ’Dain, Dain!’ the dwarves of the Iron Hills plunged in, wielding their mattocks...
H2 C 5

Ok sound.

2 Dwarf Veteran Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Locked: This companion is damage +2.
Their caps were of iron and they were shod with iron, and their faces were grim.
H2 C 9

Hmmm ok.

1 Enchanted Harp Dwarven
Possession • Instrument
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is Unlocked while you can spot 3 Dwarven tales.
While bearer is Locked, he is strength +1.
The dark hall was filled with melody that had long been silent.
H2 C 14

Id reverse the phrasing; While you can spot.... bearer is unlocked. Odd duality but ok.

1 Dwarven Throng Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish:
Discard a Dwarven condition to make a Dwarf strength +1 (and damage +1 if that Dwarf is Locked).
’Quite a merry gathering! I hope there is something left for the late-comers to eat and drink!’
H2 C 12

Fair enough.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:25 am
Those were very simple, but now let’s go onto some more gear for these guys.

2 Heavy Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +3
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: If no other companion is skirmishing, exert bearer to make him damage +1.
In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks...
H2 C 16

1 Dwarven Bow Dwarven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Str: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Lock bearer until the end of the regroup phase to wound a minion.
Before Throrin could cry out three of the dwarves had leaped to their feet and loosed off arrows...
H2 U 11

1 Riding Pony Dwarven
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Lock bearer until the end of the regroup phase to heal him and make him resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
... after the meal they mounted the steeds he was lending them, and bidding him many farewells they rode off through his gate at a good pace.
H2 U 28

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:28 am
Thranduil wrote:
Those were very simple, but now let’s go onto some more gear for these guys.

2 Heavy Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +3
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to make him damage +1.
In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks...
H2 C 16

Hmm not so sure about the ability.

1 Dwarven Bow Dwarven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Lock bearer until the end of the regroup phase to choose a Shadow player who must wound one of his or her minions.
Before Throrin could cry out three of the dwarves had leaped to their feet and loosed off arrows...
H2 U 11

Hmm dunno about this. Doesnt seem very useful.

1 Riding Pony Dwarven
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Lock bearer until the end of the regroup phase to make him strength +2.
... after the meal they mounted the steeds he was lending them, and bidding him many farewells they rode off through his gate at a good pace.
H2 U 28

Ok ish.

Thranduil
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:30 am
Any suggestions, Lem0n, on what would make them useful?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:33 am
Well i have no suggestions as regards the lock mechanism, its ur creation and although its not the worst mechanic ever i wouldnt like to use it.

The mattock i would say remove 2 tokens or something. Exerting seem to easy, cos if u need 1 wound to kill something off its the same as exerting to wound a minion skirmishing them which is too good.

I cant see how u would ever use the bow in a deck. You dont even get to choose where the wound goes and you lose ur abilites for a turn?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards