LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anvar
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:23 am
Two Words:

Hand Axe
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:35 am
Two words:

Not Archer.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:06 am
4 more words:

Gimli’s Battleaxe, Trusted Weapon

I didn’t want to make it increase the archery total because then then it could keep going on forever, whereas you can only be an archer once. That was my thinking, but if DI or someone agrees with your point, I will change the ability to something else.

Continuing with the Dwarven/Lakemen theme:

2 Dwarf Blacksmith Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 6
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Skirmish: If you have exactly 3 or 7 cards in hand, discard a card from hand to make a Dwarf or Man bearing a possession or artifact damage +1.
... his legs were covered with hose of... metal mesh, the secret of whose making was possessed by Dain’s people.
H2 U 6

3 Dwarf of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Vit: 4
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time you play a Dwarven event in a skirmish involving this companion, you may exert him to draw a card.
... for Thorin had many relatives.
H2 U 8

5 • Host of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 9
Damage +1.
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat or discard a card from hand.
The dwarves are exceedingly strong for their height, but most of these were strong even for dwarves.
H2 R 17

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:15 am
Thranduil wrote:
4 more words:

Gimli’s Battleaxe, Trusted Weapon

One example does not justify your point. Besides, like i said, thats adding to the archery not making archers. I can understand hand axe throwing it to wound something, but dwarves with bows shooting is unbalanced and messed up.

Continuing with the Dwarven/Lakemen theme:

Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Skirmish: If you have exactly 3 or 7 cards in hand, discard a card from hand to make a companion bearing a possession or artifact damage +1.
... his legs were covered with hose of... metal mesh, the secret of whose making was possessed by Dain’s people.
H2 U 6

Fine except im not ok with making any culture companion damage +1. Hobbits for example just shouldnt be damage +1.

Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time you play a Dwarven event in a skirmish involving this companion, you may exert him to draw a card.
H2 U 8

Sound.

Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat or discard a card from hand.
The dwarves are exceedingly strong for their height, but most of these were strong even for dwarves.
H2 R 17

Sound also.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:38 am
I agree that Dwarves as archers is unprecedented. But the distinction between being Archers and adding to the archery total is a flavour distinction at best, and the rules benefits make sense. Also, give Thranduil some lee-way here. The whole idea of this part of the set is that by having two cultures together, one benefits from the strengths of the other. It isn’t really the Dwarves that are being the Archers, it is the presence of the Gandalf Men. The whole point is multi-cultural Fellowships ala Battle of the Five Armies.

Since this bleeding of abilities across cultures that don’t necessarily have them on their own is part of the theme, as long as it isn’t too easy to do, then I’m all for this kind of thing.

Not that Dwarves sometimes do have the ability to give damage bonuses to non-dwarves, eg Dwarven Embassy. It just shouldn’t be that good or permanent. These cards look fine to me within the context of the set dealing with cross-culture.

Anvar
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:47 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
I didn’t want to make it increase the archery total because then then it could keep going on forever, whereas you can only be an archer once. That was my thinking, but if DI or someone agrees with your point, I will change the ability to something else.

I agree with lem0n’s point. Only on rare occasions should Dwarves deal with archery at all (and it makes NO sense to me on Gimli’s Battle Axe, but I didn’t have opportunity to review Decipher’s cards Rolling Eyes), and while I think Great Days of Old is a good exception to the "rule", it should simply boost the archery total. Dwarves should NEVER be actual archers. If NB saw that, he’d throttle you. Razz

If you REALLY want to create some archers (and I understand your logic), then make the Gandalf Man you’re spotting an archer, but not the Dwarf.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Skirmish: If you have exactly 3 or 7 cards in hand, discard a card from hand to make a Dwarf or Man bearing a possession or artifact damage +1.
H2 U 6

Yeah, I’m liking the indirect link between Dwarves and Lakemen that the hand size creates. This guy’s a good example of why. UNlike lem0n, I don’t have a particular problem with Dwarves making unusual races (like Elves and Hobbits) damage +1, but in this particular case, it probably is better limited to Dwarves and Men.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
H2 U 8

Sound, as lem0n would say. (And did, actually! Razz) You could probably get away with dropping the spotting requirement, but it’s okay (and probably safer) with it.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
H2 R 17

Awesome. I shoulda made a card like this for Lasting Alliances...maybe I’ll go back and do so.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:55 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:

I agree with lem0n’s point. Only on rare occasions should Dwarves deal with archery at all (and it makes NO sense to me on Gimli’s Battle Axe, but I didn’t have opportunity to review Decipher’s cards Rolling Eyes), and while I think Great Days of Old is a good exception to the "rule", it should simply boost the archery total. Dwarves should NEVER be actual archers. If NB saw that, he’d throttle you. Razz

I could grab that big dwarven beard and kiss you Dain. Though i wont because we’re both married heterosexual guys. But you get the idea!!!!

Glad you agree. Thumbs Up
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
H2 U 6
works for me

Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
H2 U 8
cool!

Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
H2 R 17

maybe remove a thread or draw a card.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:10 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:

I could grab that big dwarven beard and kiss you Dain. Though i wont because we’re both married heterosexual guys. But you get the idea!!!!

I don’t think Mrs. Ironfoot would appreciate that. Rolling Eyes Besides, any more comments like that and my beard may fall off. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:19 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

maybe remove a thread or draw a card.

You want the host of the iron hills to be a moderator?

Laughing

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards