LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:22 pm
Now. Dain and SoP face off in the grand finale. And boy is it grand!

Can you guess what it is?

Anyway, Dain, you and SoP make me....

A BALROG DECK!

Using a new Balrog, his Whip and Sword, an event, a condition and a minion, give me a new strategy that uses the Balrog.

Then, I want you to design me a deck using all the aforementinoed cards you designed. Shadow side is all that is required, but you can also build a FP and/or adventure deck. Remember, the strategy must be at least somewhat unique, but should still be able to work with an existing Moria or Orc strategy. For example, a Balrog that can swarm? Moria tank? Enhanced corruption relying on the Balrog? Orc in particular is an easy way to develop a unique Balrog strategy, but also bear in mind that oldies may like Moria better (or detest Orc). Weigh these carefully when making your decision.

Whatever the strategy, it MUST be COMPLETELY centered around the Balrog.

I know the workload’s a lot, but I am giving a prize this time, and I may add a bonus to it.

For the voters, voting will be as follows.

Assign a number between 1 and 10 that you think each card is worth. the numbers will be multipied by the weight of each category and then the final value divided by 20 (the final weight).

Weight 3: The Balrog
Weight 2: The Whip of Many Thongs
Weight 2: The Balrog’s Sword
Weight 1: Event
Weight 1: Condition
Weight 1: Minion

Weight 4: Synergy
Weight 4: Uniqueness (how new or unique the cards are)
Weight 2: Deck

The weighting system was posted now to give you an idea on how the voting will work so you can design your cards to give the BEST possible result.

As this is such a huge task, I’ll give you a day or two to get them in.

Just kidding. Deadline is Thursday, November 15th, but I’d like them in sooner so we can get going sooner, and as such, the first person to submit their cards and deck will receive 3 GP from me.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
why don’t we just make the cards? I seriously do not have time to throw together a deck around them. If we must design a deck...IDK I will see your response first, but I bet dain is pretty busy too.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:20 pm
I’d like to hear Dain’s thoughts, but I’d really prefer a deck.

I can extend the deadling if that’s the problem, though.

Plus it shouldn’t be that difficult. You already have 6 cards for the deck made, and assuming that you’re running four of them that’s 24 cards selected. Hence, I didn’t think the deck would be that difficult, but would give us a better look at the strategy.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think good editors notes do as good as a strategy deck...
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:47 am
This is a fantastically cool idea NB, and I really hope SoP and DI have the time to do it!

Have a GP for spectacular ingenuity!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:26 am
Its an interesting idea, but hell of a lot of work for a contest. Plus i only finished my Balrog competition a month ago or so where everyone had to make him, his sword, his whip, a condition and an event, AND Dain’s first round of his contest is make a balrog. Overkill me thinks.
Last edited by lem0nhead on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 am; edited 1 time in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:36 pm
Uh Dain? I am missing your opinion...
"DáinIronfoot"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:55 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
why don’t we just make the cards? I seriously do not have time to throw together a deck around them. If we must design a deck...IDK I will see your response first, but I bet dain is pretty busy too.

I agree. I think making all those cards you described is enough already. I’m swamped as it is with graduate courses and work and keeping up my home and keeping up with all MY stuff here, which now includes a contest and an RPG!

I say either extend the deadline, or just stick with just creating the cards. I think we can create enough of a theme with those six cards for people to imagine what a possible deck might look like.

Neat idea, but impractical for busy folks like me and SoP.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:55 pm
I’ll extend the deadline. Would December 1st work?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:28 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
I’ll extend the deadline. Would December 1st work?

Yes. THEN I would be up for it. SoP?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards