LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:32 pm
Beren and Luthien is done. Here’s a link.

elf lvr wrote:
3 *Feanor, Bearer of Oaths Blue
Companion * Elf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: Ring 7
Oath-bearer. (Shadow and fellowship cards may treat this card as the Ring-bearer).
You may begin the game with The Silmarils in play.
At the start of each skirmish involving Faenor, you must add 2 burdens or 2 threats.
Regroup: Exert Faenor to play an artifact from your hand or discard pile.

Okay, so with Beren and Luthien moving a little slow (come on, reviewers!) I just wanted to start on this now. May drop work on something soon (I know I just got back into The Last Battle, but whatever...) but for now I’ve got enough free time to keep up a few DC sets. So... let’s start with the Silmarils, and some other cards for the Sons of Feanor!

0 *The Silmarils, Fire, Air, and Water Blue
Artifact * Support Area
To play, exert 3 Blue Elves (or spot Feanor).
Each time a Blue Elf wins a skirmish, add a Blue token here.
Skirmish: Remove 3 Blue tokens from here to make a Blue Elf strength +2.
And thus it came to pass that the Silmarils found their long homes: one in the airs of heaven, and one in the fires of the heart of the world, and one in the deep waters.

*The Oath, the Oath of Faenor Ring
The Oath
Vitailty: +2
Bearer must be Feanor. While you can spot the Silmarils, bearer is resistance +2. While you cannot spot the Silmarils, bearer is resistance -2.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to invoke the Oath until the regroup phase. While invoking the Oath, each time bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
They swore an oath which none shall break, and none should take, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World Vala, Demon, Elf or Man as yet unborn, or any creature, great or small, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should hold or take or keep a Silmaril from their possession.
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:17 pm; edited 8 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
make it +3 for the similills
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:17 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Very cool cards! The Silmarils are excellent, and I like the two-sided feeling of the Oath. However...I think you should change the wording on that. An oath can’t be worn or put on.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:55 pm
Yeah... I know. How do you suggest I rephrase it?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:04 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
How about...

Instead of "put on The Oath", use "invoke The Oath".

And instead of "wearing The Oath", use "driven by The Oath".
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:37 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
0 *The Silmarils, Fire, Air, and Water Blue
Artifact * Support Area
To play, exert 3 Blue Elves (or spot Feanor).
Each time a Blue Elf wins a skirmish, add a Blue token here.
Skirmish: Remove 3 Blue tokens from here to make a Blue Elf strength +2.
And thus it came to pass that the Silmarils found their long homes: one in the airs of heaven, and one in the fires of the heart of the world, and one in the deep waters.

Agree with SoP: make it +3, or simply change it to removing one token for +1 (limit +3). That might be best, actually...VERY versatile.

elf lvr wrote:
*The Oath, the Oath of Faenor Ring
The Oath
Vitailty: +2
Bearer must be Feanor. While you can spot the Silmarils, bearer is resistance +2. While you cannot spot the Silmarils, bearer is resistance -2.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to invoke the Oath until the regroup phase. While driven by the Oath, each time bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
They swore an oath which none shall break, and none should take, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World Vala, Demon, Elf or Man as yet unborn, or any creature, great or small, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should hold or take or keep a Silmaril from their possession.

Instead of "driven by", I’d do "invoking" or simply "under". Also, for the repetivite subtitle, I think simply "Of Feanor" might be better.

Oh, and check your trade list when you have a chance. I’ve been trying to reach you for a week. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:47 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
posting about trades in the DC forum... you should be ashamed Razz there is something called PM"s.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:48 am
Sorry, Dain... best to PM me about such things, lately. But I’ll check.

By the way, my wants list is waaaay out of date, I got a lot of the cards I was needing... but whatever, I’ll take a look.

More cards to come.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:16 pm
3 Tumult of the Earth Black
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Black minion to replace each site in the fellowship’s current region with a site from your adventure deck (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary).. Then, if you can spot a White companion (or 6 companions), you may exert 2 Black minions. exert each companion.
He assailed the lights of Illuin and Ormal, and cast down their pillars and broke their lamps. In the overthrow of the mighty pillars lands were broken and seas arose in tumult; and when the lamps were spilled destroying flame was poured out over the Earth.

3 Hallowed Lands White
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Spirit companion to replace each site in the fellowship’s current region with a site from your adventure deck (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary). Then, if you can spot a Black minion, you may exert 2 White companions to discard each shadow condition.
There naught faded nor withered, neither was there any stain upon flower or leaf in that land, nor any corruption or sickness in anything that lived; for the very stones and waters were hallowed.

3 *The Two Trees of Valinor White
Artifact * Support Area
To play, spot 3 White companions.
Each time the fellowship moves, remove a burden.
Skirmish: Exert a White companion to heal another White companion.
About their fate all the tales of the Elder Days are woven.

The burden removal is sort of needed with the Spirit keyword.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:51 pm
elf lvr wrote:
3 Tumult of the Earth Black
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Black minion to replace each site in the fellowship’s current region with a site from your adventure deck (replacing an opponent’s site if neccessary).. Then, if you can spot a White companion (or 6 companions) exert each companion.
He assailed the lights of Illuin and Ormal, and cast down their pillars and broke their lamps. In the overthrow of the mighty pillars lands were broken and seas arose in tumult; and when the lamps were spilled destroying flame was poured out over the Earth.
misspelled necessary. WAY TOO GOOD. make it exert 2-3 black minions.

3 Hallowed Lands White
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Spirit companion to replace each site in the fellowship’s current region with a site from your adventure deck (replacing an opponent’s site if neccessary). Then, if you can spot a Black minion, discard each shadow condition.
There naught faded nor withered, neither was there any stain upon flower or leaf in that land, nor any corruption or sickness in anything that lived; for the very stones and waters were hallowed.
misspelled said word. again way to good. if you just cut the second ability it would be awesome.

3 *The Two Trees of Valinor White
Artifact * Support Area
To play, spot 3 White companions.
Each time the fellowship moves, remove a burden.
Skirmish: Exert a White companion to heal another White companion.
About their fate all the tales of the Elder Days are woven.

nice
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards