LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:55 pm
24 *Morgoth, Dark Enemy of the World Black
Minion * Valar
Strength: 30
Vitality: 7
Site: 6
Damage +2. Fierce. Enduring.
When you play Morgoth, you may remove from the game X Black cards from your discard pile to make Morgoth twilight cost -X.
If you play Morgoth for 10 or less, discard every other minion you can spot and you cannot play other minions.
Each time Morgoth wins a skirmish, you may add a threat for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
They built lands and Melkor destroyed them; valleys they delved and Melkor raised them up; mountains they carved and Melkor threw them down; seas they hollowed and Melkor spilled them...

I felt that before I made a lot of other cards (especially Black culture ones...) I needed a Morgoth. At least one more version of him (probably with toil) will come into this set later... but I’d like to see the opinions on this one. Stats, cost, abilities... all of these need to fixed so they feel "right." What do you guys think?

6 *Cruel Spirits, Charges of Melkor Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 12
Vitality: 2
Site: 4
This minion is strength +1 for each threat you can spot.
Companions cannot take threat wounds.
When this minion is discarded, remove all threats.
Maneuver: Spot 3 Black minions to add up to 9 threats.
Whatsoever was cruel or violent or deadly in those days is laid to his charge.

Not sure how that ought to have been worded, I hope it works as is. I didn’t want to have the two gained abilities just on the card, unless the Shadow Player actually chooses to use the ability.

3 Ice and Fire Black
Event * Maneuver
Exert 3 Black minions (or spot Morgoth) to choose one: make the Free Peoples player exert a companion for each mountain site on the adventure path, or add a threat for each underground site on the adventure path.
...and he wielded cold and fire, from the tops of the mountains to the deep furnaces that are beneath them.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:57 am
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Valar
Damage +2. Fierce.
When you play Morgoth, you may remove X Black cards from your discard pile from play to make Morgoth twilight cost -X.
If you play Morgoth for 10 or less, discard every other minion you can spot and you cannot play other minions.
Each time Morgoth wins a skirmish, you may add a threat for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
They built lands and Melkor destroyed them; valleys they delved and Melkor raised them up; mountains they carved and Melkor threw them down; seas they hollowed and Melkor spilled them...

There’s no reason not to make him enduring, really (unless you have a lot of cards that exert Black minions)! Interesting second ability, though I’m not sure whether it works. And I’d change the wording of the first bit to ’you may remove from the game X Black cards from your discard pile...’

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature
Maneuver: Spot 3 Black minions to add up to 9 threats. This minion gains "Companions do not take threat wounds," and "When this minion is discarded, remove all threats."

It certainly needs to add ’until the regroup phase’, and I think I would personally just put those abilities on the card itself and make him useless without 3 Black minions.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Ice and Fire Black
Event * Maneuver
Exert 3 Black minions (or spot Morgoth) to choose one: make the Free Peoples player exert a companion for each mountain site on the adventure path, or add a threat for each underground site on the adventure path.
...and he wielded cold and fire, from the tops of the mountains to the deep furnaces that are beneath them.

Very cool.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:22 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Valar
Damage +2. Fierce.
When you play Morgoth, you may remove X Black cards from your discard pile from play to make Morgoth twilight cost -X.

I agree with all that Thran said, including the enduring bit.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature
Maneuver: Spot 3 Black minions to add up to 9 threats. This minion gains "Companions do not take threat wounds," and "When this minion is discarded, remove all threats."

Again, agreed with Thranduil.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Ice and Fire Black
Event * Maneuver

Darn you, Thran! Yeah, this is fine.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yep I agree with dain, and thran Morgoth is awesome GP!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:58 am
0 Lore of Aule Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
Spot 2 Dwarves to take a Dwarven artifact (or 2 Dwarven tales) from your discard pile into hand.
Of him comes the lore and knowledge of the Earth and of an things that it contains.

5 Manwe’s Messengers Gandalf
Event * Maneuver
Toil 2.
Spot a Gandalf Wizard (or Spirit companion) to reveal a shadow player’s hand. Remove a card in it from the game. Then, remove a card in their discard pile from the game.
If both cards removed this way were shadow cards, make a Gandalf companion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world.

1 Sapphire Sceptre Blue
Artifact * Hand Weapon
Vitality: +1
To play, spot a Blue Elf. Bearer must be Manwe.
At the start of each skirmish involving Manwe, you may discard 2 cards from hand to exert a minion in that skirmish twice.
His raiment is blue, and blue is the fire of his eyes, and his sceptre is of sapphire.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:24 pm
elf lvr wrote:
1 Lore of Aule Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
Spot 2 Dwarves to take a Dwarven artifact (or 2 Dwarven tales) from your discard pile into hand.
Of him comes the lore and knowledge of the Earth and of an things that it contains.

Nice, but compared to Defending the Keep, this should probably cost 0.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Manwe’s Messengers Gandalf
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Gandalf Wizard (or Spirit companion) to reveal a shadow player’s hand. Remove a card in it from the game. Then, remove a card in their discard pile from the game.
If both cards removed this way were shadow cards, make a Gandalf companion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world.

There’s a whole lot of ’m’s in the first two lines. What’s a spirit? Have we seen any yet? I think it’s too good. Increase the cost and add a toil, or maybe let the Shadow player choose the card (and remove the second ability). Also, I don’t think this should be able to get rid of FP cards. And ’shadow’ should be capitalised.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Sapphire Sceptre Blue
Artifact * Hand Weapon
At the start of each skirmish involving Manwe, you may discard 3 cards from hand to exert a minion in that skirmish for each Blue elf you can spot.
His raiment is blue, and blue is the fire of his eyes, and his sceptre is of sapphire.

Seems a bit over the top. How much vitality are the minions going to have that you need to exert them for each guy you can spot? Reduce the discarding cards and reduce the effect. Oh, and ’elf’ needs a capital E.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
0 Lore of Aule Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
nice!

5 Manwe’s Messengers Gandalf
Event * Maneuver
Toil 2.
aweshomeness

1 Sapphire Sceptre Blue
Artifact * Hand Weapon
At the start of each skirmish involving Manwe, you may discard w cards from hand to exert a minion in that skirmish twice.

you may discard w cards from hand to...

WTH?
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:28 am
I agree with everything Thran said (and not because you keep doing that to me Thran but because youre right!).
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:46 am
Spirit is a keyword. all the valar have it. can’t remember what it does.
"DáinIronfoot"
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:30 pm
Means at the start of each skirmish involving them, you have to exert them or add a burden.

3 *The Hall of the Seven Fathers Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarf.
Each time the fellowship moves to an underground site (or the fellowship’s current site is replaced with an underground site) add a Dwarven token here.
Skirmish: Remove 2 Dwarven tokens (or 1 Dwarven token if the fellowship is at an underground site) from here to make a Dwarf strength +1 and damage +1.
He wrought in secret: and he made first the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves in a hall under the mountains in Middle-earth.

3 Unyeilding Dwarf Dwarven
Companion * Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
While you can spot 3 Dwarven tales, this companion is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard a tale from hand to heal a spirit companion.
He wished therefore that they should be strong and unyielding.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards