LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:14 am
elf lvr wrote:

3 *The Hall of the Seven Fathers Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarf.
Each time the fellowship moves to an underground site (or the fellowship’s current site is replaced with an underground site) add a Dwarven token here.
Skirmish: Remove a Dwarven token from here to make a Dwarf strength +1 and damage +1.
He wrought in secret: and he made first the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves in a hall under the mountains in Middle-earth.

Hmmm it isnt the easiest card to get tokens on but with reinofrcement cards this is too strong. ONE token for the ability? Needs to be 2 surely? Look at cast from the hall.

3 Unyeilding Dwarf Dwarven
Companion * Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
While you can spot 3 Dwarven tales, this companion is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard a tale from hand to heal a spirit companion.
He wished therefore that they should be strong and unyielding.

Hmm yeah ok.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:20 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Means at the start of each skirmish involving them, you have to exert them or add a burden.
muchos graciasa

Condition * Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarf.
Each time the fellowship moves to an underground site (or the fellowship’s current site is replaced with an underground site) add a Dwarven token here.
Skirmish: Remove a Dwarven token from here to make a Dwarf strength +1 and damage +1.
He wrought in secret: and he made first the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves in a hall under the mountains in Middle-earth.
cool!

Companion * Dwarf

misspelled unyielding.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:54 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarf.

I agree with lem0nhead: should be 2 tokens. MAYBE allow just 1 token if the fellowship is at an underground site.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Dwarf

Like SoP said: watch the spelling. Otherwise fine.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:39 am
Look at Noble Leaders and all the reinforcing Gondor’s got! But okay, I’ll make it 2 tokens and 1 at an underground, that fits. More cards later.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:52 pm
Hall of the Seven Fathers could easily cost 2.

Otherwise, great job.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:27 pm
2 Strong to Endure Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarf.
Each exertion you place for the toil of a Dwarven card decreases its cost by an additional 1.
Aulë made the Dwarves strong to endure. Therefore they are stone-hard, stubborn, fast in friendship and in enmity, and they suffer toil and hanger and hurt of body more hardily than all other speaking peoples.

3 Halls Set Apart Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
Toil 1.
Spot a Dwarf to reveal the top card of a player’s draw deck for each mountain and underground site on the adventure path. That player chooses a card revealed and takes it into hand, then discards the rest.
For they say that Aulë the Maker, whom they call Mahal, cares for them, and gathers them to Mandos in halls set apart; and that he declared to their Fathers of old that Ilúvatar will hallow them and give them a place among the Children in the End.

5 Return the Seven Fathers Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
Toil 2.
Spot a Dwarf to take each Dwarven possession in your discard pile into your hand.
They say also that the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves return to live again in their own kin and to bear once more their ancient names.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:16 am
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarf.
Each exertion you place for the toil of a Dwarven card decreases its cost by an additional 1.
Aulë made the Dwarves strong to endure. Therefore they are stone-hard, stubborn, fast in friendship and in enmity, and they suffer toil and hanger and hurt of body more hardily than all other speaking peoples.

Sweet but has to be unique, or 2 of these and no pauses no spills cost 1 exertion and 0.

Event * Fellowship
Toil 1.
Spot a Dwarf to reveal the top card of a player’s draw deck for each mountain and underground site on the adventure path. That player chooses a card revealed and takes it into hand, then discards the rest.
For they say that Aulë the Maker, whom they call Mahal, cares for them, and gathers them to Mandos in halls set apart; and that he declared to their Fathers of old that Ilúvatar will hallow them and give them a place among the Children in the End.

Wow the hugest NPE dwarf card since ntad. I hate NPE discard but on unbiased balance this is fine.

Event * Fellowship
Toil 2.
Spot a Dwarf to take each Dwarven companion in your discard pile into your hand.
They say also that the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves return to live again in their own kin and to bear once more their ancient names.

Hmmm interesting but why would you be discarding dwarves. Do you have cards that do that?

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:01 am
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarf.

A better way of phrasing it is: ’Each Dwarven card with toil gains toil 1’, but lem0n’s right it needs to be unique.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Fellowship
Toil 1.

Nice.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Fellowship
Toil 2.
Spot a Dwarf to take each Dwarven companion in your discard pile into your hand.

Not sure why this is 5, in most situations there won’t be Dwarven companions in your discard pile. And it’s fellowship so there’s the rule of 4. If this card was possessions, it would be awesome!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:24 pm
4 Vengeance By Root and Bough Gandalf
Event * Regroup
Toil 1.
Spot X Ents and discard X cards from hand to wound X minions and draw X cards.
Would that the trees might speak on behalf of all things that have roots, and punish those that wrong them!’

2 Anger of Tooth and Claw Gandalf
Event * Skirmish
Make an Ent, Tree, Eagle, or Gandalf Creature strength +2 and damage +1. If a minion is killed in a skirmish involving that companion, you may return this event to your hand.
It will summon spirits from afar, and they will go among the kelvar and the olvar, and some will dwell therein, and be held in reverence, and their just anger shall be feared.

1 Guardians of the Woods Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Each Ent is resistance +1 (and strength +1 if at a forest site).
Discard this condition if the fellowship is at a marsh or underground site.
’But in the forests shall walk the Shepherds of the Trees.’
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:37 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
3 Vengeance By Root and Bough Gandalf
Event * Regroup
Toil 1.
Discard X cards from hand and spot X Ents to wound X minions and draw X cards.
Would that the trees might speak on behalf of all things that have roots, and punish those that wrong them!’

Yoikes. Since it has toil, perhaps raise the cost to 4, as that’s a BIG card in terms of double-move help.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Anger of Tooth and Claw Gandalf
Event * Skirmish
Make an Ent or Gandalf Creature strength +2 and damage +1. If a minion is killed in a skirmish involving that companion, you may return this event to your hand.
It will summon spirits from afar, and they will go among the kelvar and the olvar, and some will dwell therein, and be held in reverence, and their just anger shall be feared.

Gandalf Creatures? See, this is what I get for not reviewing for the past few days. I think I’ve missed some really good stuff. Sad

Anyway, this looks good to me.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Guardians of the Woods Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Each Ent is resistance +1 (and strength +1 if at a forest site).
Discard this condition if you can spot 5 or more threats.
’But in the forests shall walk the Shepherds of the Trees.’

Perhaps also discard it if at, say, a marsh. And/Or perhaps underground site.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards