LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:41 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
3 Vengeance By Root and Bough Gandalf
Event * Regroup
Toil 1.
Discard X cards from hand and spot X Ents to wound X minions and draw X cards.
Would that the trees might speak on behalf of all things that have roots, and punish those that wrong them!’
I like it

2 Anger of Tooth and Claw Gandalf
Event * Skirmish
Make an Ent or Gandalf Creature strength +2 and damage +1. If a minion is killed in a skirmish involving that companion, you may return this event to your hand.
It will summon spirits from afar, and they will go among the kelvar and the olvar, and some will dwell therein, and be held in reverence, and their just anger shall be feared.
I guess

1 Guardians of the Woods Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
Each Ent is resistance +1 (and strength +1 if at a forest site).
Discard this condition if you can spot 5 or more threats.
’But in the forests shall walk the Shepherds of the Trees.’

ents really don’t need more strength...make it or +2 if at a forest
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:38 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
elf lvr wrote:
3 Vengeance By Root and Bough Gandalf
Event * Regroup
Toil 1.
Would that the trees might speak on behalf of all things that have roots, and punish those that wrong them!’

Yoikes. Since it has toil, perhaps raise the cost to 4, as that’s a BIG card in terms of double-move help.

Sure.

Quote:
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Make an Ent or Gandalf Creature strength +2 and damage +1. If a minion is killed in a skirmish involving that companion, you may return this event to your hand.
It will summon spirits from afar, and they will go among the kelvar and the olvar, and some will dwell therein, and be held in reverence, and their just anger shall be feared.

Gandalf Creatures? See, this is what I get for not reviewing for the past few days. I think I’ve missed some really good stuff. Sad

Anyway, this looks good to me.

I haven’t actually made any Gandalf creatures yet. Although some might be coming in the Silmarillion part of the set, as soon as I get through Beren and Luthien, I might start up The Hobbit part of Rise of the Ring. There’s definately gonna be some Gandalf creatures in there.

Quote:
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Discard this condition if you can spot 5 or more threats.

Perhaps also discard it if at, say, a marsh. And/Or perhaps underground site.

I like that idea. Thanks.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:27 pm
elf lvr wrote:
4 Vengeance By Root and Bough Gandalf
Event * Regroup
Toil 1.

I think the wording ’Spot X Ents and discard X cards...’ shows more clearly that this card is limited by the number of Ents, but great card!

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

Who do you envisage being Creatures? And why isn’t Tree on there, or Eagle! Fantastic card though.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Discard this condition if the fellowship is at a marsh or underground site.

I LOVE IT!

You deserve a GP for some great cards, both in this thread and your other one!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:43 pm
I’m thinking of making Beorn and his bear friends into creatures. Beorn might start a man and be able to become a creature, though, so he can get the bonuses of being both of them.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:43 am
elf lvr wrote:
4 Vengeance By Root and Bough Gandalf
Event * Regroup
Toil 1.
Spot X Ents and discard X cards from hand to wound X minions and draw X cards.

Wow i dont think with the wounding you should draw cards as well. The toil and cost 4 doesnt offset the power imho.

Event * Skirmish
Make an Ent, Tree, Eagle, or Gandalf Creature strength +2 and damage +1. If a minion is killed in a skirmish involving that companion, you may return this event to your hand.

Hmmm maybe make it strength +1. Not seen many other cards that gtive a damage bonus do easily.

Condition * Support Area
Discard this condition if the fellowship is at a marsh or underground site.

Fair enough.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:14 pm
2 A Need Nonetheless Dwarven
Event * Maneuver
Exert a dwarf to place a "burn" token on each forest site on the adventure path. Each site with a "burn" token loses forest until the end of the game. Draw a card for each token placed this way.
’Nonetheless they will have need of wood,’ said Aulë, and he went on with his smith-work.

1 *The Labor of Melkor Black
Condition * Support Area
Regroup: If you cannot spot a card stacked here, stack a Black minion here.
Shadow: Remove 1 to play a minion stacked here and add a threat.
But in the north Melkor built his strength, and he slept not, but watched, and laboured.

3 Twisted Creatures Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Site: 4
Maneuver: Discard a Black minion to add a threat (or 2 threats if you can spot 6 companions).
The evil things that he had perverted walked abroad.

6 *Shapes of Dread Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 12
Vitality: 3
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a Werewolf strength +2.
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a Spider damage +1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 threats to make a Creature fierce until the regroup phase.
The dark and slumbering woods were haunted by monsters and shapes of dread.

3 *Demons of Fire and Darkness Black
Condition * Support Area
Epic.
Each Balrog is strength +2.
Regroup: Remove a threat to add a Black token here.
Shadow: Remove 2 Black tokens from here to play a Balrog from your discard pile.
And in Utumno he gathered his demons about him, those spirits who first adhered to him in the days of his splendour, and became most like him in his corruption: their hearts were of fire, but they were cloaked in darkness, and terror went before them; they had whips of flame.

Notice you can’t play Balrogs right after adding tokens, nor can you place any new tokens just after a companion has died, unless you have some tricksy way of adding more threats.

2 The Realm of Melkor Black
Condition * Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves to a site, add a "shadow" token to that site.
For each shadow token on the fellowship’s current site, each Black creature is strength +1.
And in that dark time Melkor bred many other monsters of diverse shapes and kinds that long troubled the world; and his realm spread now ever southward over Middle-earth.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Exert a dwarf to place a "burn" token on each forest site on the adventure path. Each site with a "burn" token is not a Forest. Draw a card for each token placed this way.
’Nonetheless they will have need of wood,’ said Aulë, and he went on with his smith-work.
I don’t know why this would be very useful...couldn’t you just say dwarven token?

1 The Labor of Melkor Black
Condition * Support Area
But in the north Melkor built his strength, and he slept not, but watched, and laboured.
cool!

Minion * Creature
Maneuver: Discard a Black minion to add a threat (or 2 threats if you can spot 6 companions).
maybe man. or regroup

6 Shapes of Dread Black
Minion * Creature
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a Werewolf strength +2 (limit once).
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a Spider damage +1 (limit once).
Skirmish: Remove 2 threats to make a Creature fierce.
maybe until the regroup phase on all of them

Condition * Support Area
Epic.
Shadow: Remove 3 Black tokens from here to play a Balrog from your discard pile.
And in Utumno he gathered his demons about him, those spirits who first adhered to him in the days of his splendour, and became most like him in his corruption: their hearts were of fire, but they were cloaked in darkness, and terror went before them; they had whips of flame.
works for me maybe discard pile or draw deck

Condition * Support Area
For each shadow token on the fellowship’s current site, each Black creature is strength +1.
And in that dark time Melkor bred many other monsters of diverse shapes and kinds that long troubled the world; and his realm spread now ever southward over Middle-earth.

weird...maybe limit+2-3
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:46 am
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Exert a dwarf to place a "burn" token on each forest site on the adventure path. Each site with a "burn" token is not a Forest. Draw a card for each token placed this way.

Structure is something that happens to other people isnt it el? 1 random dwarfy card then black stuff. Youre just odd arent you? Face it Very Happy

Ok dont think you need to phrase it burn unless this is a mechanism im unfamilar with. Justt say put a token or marker on the sites.

Condition * Support Area

Hmm up cost of the condition or, and id prefer this, up the cost to play the minion.

Minion * Creature

Sound.

6 Shapes of Dread Black
Minion * Creature

Sweet.

Condition * Support Area
Epic.
Shadow: Remove 3 Black tokens from here to play a Balrog from your discard pile.

Erm ok. Maybe 2 tokens, as its equivalent of removing 2 threats to play a minion from your discard which isnt too bad.

Condition * Support Area

Wow thats hilarious for a multiplayer person going last!! In fact its broken in multiplayer. Thats the death of a 4th or 5th player. Even 2nd place would struggle. Funny but realistically sickening. One on one its a great card but limited usefulness.

"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:22 am
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver

’Dwarf is always capitalised, ’forest’ does not need to be, and I think a better phrasing would be ’each site... loses forest until the end of the game’ - otherwise it runs out at the end of the phase. Interesting, though incredibly weird, and lem0n’s probably right (unless you’re planning on different kinds of tokens on your sites).

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Interesting. Maybe it should be unique?

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature

Can’t complain!

elf lvr wrote:
6 Shapes of Dread Black
Minion * Creature

Take out the limits, I really think them unnecessary (there aren’t that many threats in play) and make this guy unique. Then make the last one until the regroup phase. Fantastic idea, but would it be feasible to have a deck with all 3?

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Epic.

Maybe 2 tokens, and maybe it should cost 2. Nice! Just remind me what epic does!

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Perhaps make it more like your burning one, so meeting some cost to put the tokens on. Interesting mechanic, I look forward to more of it!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:26 am
Thranduil wrote:

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Interesting. Maybe it should be unique?
Thranduil

Yes. Yes it should I agree! Missed that one. Well caught Thran.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards