LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:06 pm
Here’s a Halloween Present for you even though it’s not Halloween just because I’m really bad at saving gifts until the day they’re supposed to be given.

5 *Morgoth Mask Black
Possession * Halloween Mask
Bearer must be a minion or a companion with a sick sense of humor.
Bearer’s stats become simultaneously the same as Morgoth’s and a small child’s.
Yell "Trick or Treat!" as loud as you can. If your opponent cannot give you a piece of candy, they lose the game.
"Give me candy. Or I will destroy the world."
"What a cute little kid!"
"Do not test the will of a god, mortal."

1 Candy [All Cultures]
Possession
Bearer must be a character.
Fellowship: Discard this possession to heal a companion. Add a "sugar" counter to that companion (once a companion has 5 sugar counters they must go to the dentist and are removed from the game).
"Tooth decay, YAY!"

And now to some actual cards.

1 Forsaken Black
Event * Skirmish
Spot a Black card to make a minion strength +2 (and damage +1 if you can spot a Spirit companion).
’Shall we then leave the lands of their dwelling desolate and full of evil? Shall they walk in darkness while we have light? Shall they call Melkor lord while Manwë sits upon Taniquetil?’

1 To Look Upon the Stars Elven
Event * Fellowship
Tale.
If you cannot spot 3 Elves, spot 2 Elves to take an Elven or Spirit companion from deck into hand.
’It is doom that the Firstborn shall come in the darkness, and shall look first upon the stars. Great light shall be for their waning. To Varda ever shall they call at need.’

2 The Sickle of Valar White/Elven
Event * Maneuver
Spot an Elf or Spirit companion and discard X tales from play to wound a minion X times.
And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom.

(This card would appear in two cultures).

And like Lem0n said, structure is something that happens to other people. So I’m going to make a few more of the "site token" cards and see what comes of it. I don’t have lore for these right now, because I’m just sort of thinking them up.

Oh, for future mechanics, these tokens will be called, in general "site tokens" and if any needs to be referred to individually, they’ll be called by name (burn or shadow tokens, for example).

2 Hallowing White
Event * Maneuver
Spot a White companion and a White follower to add a "Hallow" token to the fellowship’s current site. At any site with a "Hallow" token, Spirit becomes an unloaded keyword.

3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Spot 2 Elves to add a "Forest" token to each site. Each site with a forest token is a forest until the end of the game.

2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
Ranger. Pathfinder. (To play this card, spot a Site Token).
When you play Elvish Hunter, you may return a tale from your discard pile to your hand.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at a forest site, exert Elvish Hunter to make another companion strength +2.

2 Felled the Beasts Elven
Event * Skirmish
Pathfinder.
Wound each minion assigned to skirmish an unwounded companion.

This idea any good at all?
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Here’s a Halloween Present for you even though it’s not Halloween just because I’m really bad at saving gifts until the day they’re supposed to be given.

5 *Morgoth Mask Black
Yell "Trick or Treat!" as loud as you can. If your opponent cannot give you a piece of candy, they lose the game.

best lore ever. cool!

1 Candy [All Cultures]
Possession
Fellowship: Discard this possession to heal a companion. Add a "sugar" counter to that companion (once a companion has 5 sugar counters they must go to the dentist and are removed from the game).
"Tooth decay, YAY!"
maybe they gain the keyword sugar rush which gives them +1 strength for each sugar token

And now to some actual cards.

1 Forsaken Black
Event * Skirmish
Spot a Black card to make a minion strength +2 (and damage +2 if you can spot a Spirit companion).
’Shall we then leave the lands of their dwelling desolate and full of evil? Shall they walk in darkness while we have light? Shall they call Melkor lord while Manwë sits upon Taniquetil?’
make it damage+1...

Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Spot 2 Elves (and be unable to spot more than 3 elves) to take an Elven or Spirit companion from deck into hand.
’It is doom that the Firstborn shall come in the darkness, and shall look first upon the stars. Great light shall be for their waning. To Varda ever shall they call at need.’
from your draw deck into hand

3 The Sickle of Valar White/Elven
Event * Maneuver
Spot an Elf or Spirit companion and discard X tales from play to wound a minion X times.
And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom.
cut cost to 1-2

2 Hallowing White
Event * Maneuver
Spot a White companion and a White follower to add a "Hallow" token to the fellowship’s current site. At any site with a "Hallow" token, Spirit becomes an unloaded keyword.
needs lore

3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Spot 2 Elves to add a "Forest" token to each site. Each site with a forest token is a forest until the end of the game.
I don’t like the named tokens...

2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf
When you play Elvish Hunter, you may return a tale from your discard pile to your hand.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at a forest site, exert Elvish Hunter to make another companion strength +2.
cool!

Event * Skirmish
Pathfinder.

really, I don’t like it too much...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:11 am
elf lvr wrote:

5 *Morgoth Mask Black

LOL GP for the lore.

1 Candy [All Cultures]
Possession
"Tooth decay, YAY!"

LOL GP for the lore... AGAIN.

1 Forsaken Black
Event * Skirmish
Spot a Black card to make a minion strength +2 (and damage +2 if you can spot a Spirit companion).

No reference to candy? Bum. Sound card though.

Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Spot 2 Elves (and be unable to spot more than 3 elves) to take an Elven or Spirit companion from deck into hand.

Cool, uncomfortable wording but cant think of a better way and i have tried.

Event * Maneuver

Make it wound a minion for each tale discarded, its more fun that way.

2 Hallowing White
Event * Maneuver

Eh? What the?

3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.

Hmmm not sure of its overall use but ok.

2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf

Why is it so cheap? He’s awesome and has great abilitees....

Event * Skirmish
Pathfinder.

Cool.

It sounds like youre grasping for mechanics but arent we all. The best ones are taken, but it works and isnt too complicated and i cant really complain. So yeah ok.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:08 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
5 *Morgoth Mask Black

1 Candy [All Cultures]
Possession
"Tooth decay, YAY!"

Heheh. Cute. GP

elf lvr wrote:
1 Forsaken Black
Event * Skirmish

Yeah, it’s alright. SoP may be right about it only being damage +1, but I’m not entirely sure.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Fellowship
Tale.

SoP’s got the right wording. The part in ()s is fugly, but as lem0n said, there’s really no better way to do it.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver

Considering most tales are not free, you can probably bring the cost down to 2.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Hallowing White
Event * Maneuver

Uuuuuh...I don’t completely follow. Might be better if you simply make it a White token. Bold Spirit, too.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.

Again, might be easier to just make it Elven tokens.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf

Neato. The cost is offset by the pathfinder, I think.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Pathfinder.

Limit the companions to Elves or Elven companions. NO cultural enforcement = bad.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:00 pm
elf lvr wrote:
1 Forsaken Black
Event * Skirmish

I have to say that I agree it should be damage +1 only.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Fellowship
Tale.

How about: ’If you cannot spot 3 Elves, spot 2 Elves to...’ that sounds a lot better to me. And it needs to be ’draw deck’. Interesting. Why does it stop at 3?

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver

Definitely to 2, but great card!

elf lvr wrote:
... structure is something that happens to other people.

That’s a great quote!

elf lvr wrote:
2 Hallowing White
Event * Maneuver

Don’t understand - Spirit is a race, no? Therefore t’s already an unloaded keyword. Do you mean that everyone gets Spirit?

elf lvr wrote:
3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.

There’s certainly something to be said for DI’s suggestion about these tokens, but this is nice.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf

Interesting keyword. And nice companion!

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Pathfinder.

Interesting, but needs enforcement.

elf lvr wrote:

I love this idea. Great job! GP Maybe you could make Pathfinder ’Pathfinder - forest’ etc. That would be cool.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:48 pm
Site token cards so far:

elf lvr wrote:
2 A Need Nonetheless Dwarven
Event * Maneuver
Exert a dwarf to place a "burn" token on each forest site on the adventure path. Each site with a "burn" token loses forest until the end of the game. Draw a card for each token placed this way.
’Nonetheless they will have need of wood,’ said Aulë, and he went on with his smith-work.

2 The Realm of Melkor Black
Condition * Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves to a site, add a "shadow" token to that site.
For each shadow token on the fellowship’s current site, each Black creature is strength +1.
And in that dark time Melkor bred many other monsters of diverse shapes and kinds that long troubled the world; and his realm spread now ever southward over Middle-earth.

elf lvr wrote:

2 Hallowing White
Event * Maneuver

3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.

2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf

Event * Skirmish
Pathfinder.

Alright. I may actually do something with site tokens (although only ONE person really liked it) because, well... I can.

Yay the raving Elf Lvr!

I liked Thran’s idea for some of these cards, but here’s a quick overview of site tokens and their effects for each culture:

Burn/Dwarven = Each site with a Burn token loses site keywords.
Forest/Elven = Each site with a Forest token becomes a forest.
Hallow/White = Each site with a Hallow token gains: "While the fellowship is at this site, Spirit becomes an unloaded keyword." (NOTE: Spirit is: "Each time this companion is assigned to skirmish, exert it or add a burden." Only Valar have Spirit).
Hope/Gandalf = Each Gandalf companion at this site has muster.
Courage/Gondor = At each site with a Courage token, minions lose Damage bonuses.
Homestead/Shire = Each site with a Homestead token gains Dwelling.
Forest/Green = Each site with a forest token gains Forest. (for Green elves and spiders).
Burn/Red = Each site with a Burn token loses site keywords (for Red culture dragons).
Shadow/Black = For each shadow token on a site, each Black minion at that site is strength +1.
Valiant/Rohan = Each Valiant companion at this site is strength +1.

Not sure about what the Rohan one will be called, although methinks it’ll have something to do with plains.

So, a few tweaks on the original cards.

Event * Maneuver
Exert a dwarf to place a Burn token on each forest site on the adventure path. (Each site with a burn token on it loses Forest).
Draw a card for each token placed this way.
’Nonetheless they will have need of wood,’ said Aulë, and he went on with his smith-work.

Condition * Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves to a site, add a Shadow token to that site. (For each Shadow token on a site, each Black minion at that site is strength +1).
And in that dark time Melkor bred many other monsters of diverse shapes and kinds that long troubled the world; and his realm spread now ever southward over Middle-earth.

2 Hallowing White
Event * Maneuver
Spot a White companion and a White follower to add a Hallow token to the fellowship’s current site. (At any site with a Hallow token on it, Spirit becomes an unloaded keyword).

3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Spot 2 Elves to add a "Forest" token to each site. (Each site with a Forest token gains Forest).

2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf
Ranger. Pathfinder - Forest. (To play this card, spot a Forest token).

Event * Skirmish
Pathfinder - Forest.

And a new one:

4 *Aragorn, Elfstone Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Hunter 2. Ranger. Pathfinder - Forest.
To play, spot 2 Elves (or Arwen).
Each other ranger is strength +1 and damage +1.
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:08 am
elf lvr wrote:
Burn/Dwarven = Each site with a Burn token loses forest.
Forest/Elven = Each site with a Forest token becomes a forest.

A little bit unimaginative, though it certainly makes sense. I would suggest a different effect for the Dwarven site tokens. Maybe something that draws cards or gives damage bonuses (otherwise it isn’t very useful at all) like ’Mine’ or something that makes sites mountains.

elf lvr wrote:
Hallow/White = Each site with a Hallow token gains: "While the fellowship is at this site, Spirit becomes an unloaded keyword." (NOTE: Spirit is: "Each time this companion is assigned to skirmish, exert it or add a burden." Only Valar have Spirit).

The complexity of this token far outstrips any other of your site tokens, so it seems a little out of place. Also, why don’t you just make them lose Spirit?

elf lvr wrote:
Hope/Gandalf = Each Gandalf companion at this site has muster.

Not sure about the name, though I haven’t got any good ideas at the moment.

elf lvr wrote:
Brave/Gondor = Each site with a Brave token on it gains Battleground.

Think that this one should be ’Bravery’ or even better, ’Courage’. Also, something more interesting other than battleground would be nice. Battleground makes more sense for Gandalf I think. Maybe this one could be about defence so increasing strength (like Black) or preventing wounds.

elf lvr wrote:
Homestead/Shire = Each site with a Homestead token gains Dwelling.
Forest/Green = Each site with a forest token gains Forest. (for Green elves and spiders).

Don’t think it should be the same as the Elven token. How about one makes things rivers or even sanctuaries (though that would be a bit crazy!)

elf lvr wrote:
Burn/Red = Each site with a Burn token loses Forest (for Red culture dragons).

Makes a lot more sense here than in the Dwarven culture. Maybe it should lose ALL terrain keywords, then it would be on a par to the others.

elf lvr wrote:
Shadow/Black = For each shadow token on a site, each Black minion at that site is strength +1.

Interesting, but possibly much more powerful than most of the others.

elf lvr wrote:
Not sure about what the Rohan one will be called, although methinks it’ll have something to do with plains.

How about ’fief’ or ’farmstead’ or ’village’? It could be plains, or something to do with villages?

elf lvr wrote:
RULES: A site may not have multiple different kinds of site tokens on them. If you attempt to place a site token on a card with a site token on it, it removes the orignal site token. You may have multiples of the same site token, though. (Red burn tokens wouldn’t remove Dwarven burn tokens, though, they’re the same token, really).

I’m not sure why this is necessary. I think it would be really interesting to have multiple tokens on the same sites.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man

Hunter 2 is crazy, though I understand where yo got it from (the hunter Aragorns being ridiculously overpowered), but I suppose with such a hefty spotting requirement it’s just about alright. Also not sure Elves should be able to get damage bonuses so easy, but I like him.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

Event * Maneuver
Exert a dwarf to place a Burn token on each forest site on the adventure path. (Each site with a burn token on it loses Forest).
Draw a card for each token placed this way.
sweet!

Condition * Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves to a site, add a Shadow token to that site. (For each Shadow token on a site, each Black minion at that site is strength +1).
it needs unique

2 Hallowing White
Event * Maneuver
Spot a White companion and a White follower to add a Hallow token to the fellowship’s current site. (At any site with a Hallow token on it, Spirit becomes an unloaded keyword).
NEEDS LORE!!!

3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Spot 2 Elves to add a "Forest" token to each site. (Each site with a Forest token gains Forest).
cut cost 1

2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf
Ranger. Pathfinder - Forest. (To play this card, spot a Forest token).
cool I know i have reviewed these before...but had some new thoughts

And a new one:

Companion * Man

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:07 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
First off, I second most everything Thran said about the tokens, so pay close attention to his wise advise.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man

I, unlike Thran, always thought it would be cool for Elves to have a couple ways to get damage bonuses, and this one is certainly fine. I love this card! I think it’s well-balanced with the pathfinder bit and spotting requirements. Good stuff! Applause
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:53 pm
3 *The Firstborn Elven
Condition * Support Area
You may begin the game with this condition in play.
If there is a Blue and an Elven Elf in your starting fellowship, the first Green Elf in your starting fellowship is twilight cost -2.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make each Black minion strength -2 until the regroup phase.
In that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar. By the starlit mere of Cuiviénen, Water of Awakening, they rose from the sleep of Ilúvatar; and while they dwelt yet silent by Cuiviénen their eyes beheld first of all things the stars of heaven.

Notice this would let you start more companions.

2 *The Lore of the Quendi Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each Elven tale is twilight cost -1.
Fellowship: Discard a tale from hand or play to draw a card.
Long they dwelt in their first home by the water under stars, and they walked the Earth in wonder; and they began to make speech and to give names to all things that they perceived. Themselves they named the Quendi, signifying those that speak with voices; for as yet they had met no other living things that spoke or sang.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards