LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
3 *The Firstborn Elven
Condition * Support Area
You may begin the game with this condition in play.
Each Elf is resistance +1 and twilight cost -1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make each Black minion strength -2 until the regroup phase.
In that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar. By the starlit mere of Cuiviénen, Water of Awakening, they rose from the sleep of Ilúvatar; and while they dwelt yet silent by Cuiviénen their eyes beheld first of all things the stars of heaven.
MY BUTT!!!! ok this is broken. make it fellowship play it from your draw deck. Otherwise the broken comboes are unimaginable.

1 *The Lore of the Quendi Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each Elven tale is twilight cost -1.
Fellowship: Discard a tale from hand or play to draw a card.
Long they dwelt in their first home by the water under stars, and they walked the Earth in wonder; and they began to make speech and to give names to all things that they perceived. Themselves they named the Quendi, signifying those that speak with voices; for as yet they had met no other living things that spoke or sang.

cool! I like hwo the lore is larger than the text Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:11 pm
elf lvr wrote:
3 *The Firstborn Elven
Condition * Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make each Black minion strength -2 until the regroup phase.
In that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar. By the starlit mere of Cuiviénen, Water of Awakening, they rose from the sleep of Ilúvatar; and while they dwelt yet silent by Cuiviénen their eyes beheld first of all things the stars of heaven.

Yes, broken and meta-breaking. What would be interesting would be to make a whole sting of special ’starting conditions’ (though with a better title) like in SWCGG that supported certain strategies. Nevertheless, remove the first sentence of this card and it’s perfect.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Long they dwelt in their first home by the water under stars, and they walked the Earth in wonder; and they began to make speech and to give names to all things that they perceived. Themselves they named the Quendi, signifying those that speak with voices; for as yet they had met no other living things that spoke or sang.

Very interesting, but both perhaps too good for Elves to have a relatively easy way of drawing 4 cards a turn and unnecessary given the Red Book of Westmarch. Make it skirmish and/or maneuver so that it works with telepathy and Still Needed etc.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:38 am
elf lvr wrote:
3 *The Firstborn Elven
Condition * Support Area

Are you good at anagrams? Ive got a really good one for you. EKBOR. Very Happy

Notice this would let you start more companions.

Yes and notice how unbelieveably OP that would be.

Condition * Support Area
Tale.

The name is amusingly ironic as there is a fair bit of lore there! Sweeeeet card.
Last edited by lem0nhead on Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:50 am; edited 1 time in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:44 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
3 *The Firstborn Elven
Condition * Support Area

Notice this would let you start more companions.

Yikes. Hats off for something innovative, but as others have pointed out, this is WAY broken. Take out the twilight reduction, weaken the skirmish ability somewhat (or make it more conditional, like only at certain regions or sites), and I think it’s okay.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Tale.

Specify that each OTHER tale is twilight cost -1, just to avoid potential confusion, and raise the cost to 2 or even 3.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:43 pm
Made a change on The Firstborn so that it only really helps one decktype. Check it out. Thumbs Up

And also some new cards.

1 Spying Spirit Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 4
Vitality: 1
Site: 3
Lurker.
To play, spot a Black minion.
Each time this minion is assigned to skirmish an Elf, you may add a threat.
Response: If the Free Peoples player plays an event, discard this minion to cancel that event.
For by after-knowledge the wise declare that Melkor, ever watchful, was first aware of the awakening of the Quendi, and sent shadows and evil spirits to spy upon them and waylay them.

4 The Shadows Under Stars Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Site: 4
This minion gains each Free Peoples race you can spot.. For each race this minion has, it is strength +1.
Maneuver: Make this minion lose X race keywords until the regroup phase to add [X].
The most ancient songs of the Elves, tell of the shadow-shapes that walked in the hills above Cuiviénen, or would pass suddenly over the stars.

5 *Rider, Minion of Melkor Black
Minion * Creature
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Fierce. Muster.
Rider is strength +1 for each threat.
Each time Rider wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat to exert a companion (or 2 companions if you can spot 6 companions).
...of the dark Rider upon his wild horse that pursued those that wandered to take them and devour them.

4 Dark Rider Black
Minion * Creature
Fierce. Muster.
When you play this minion, you may remove a threat to make its twilight cost -2.
He sent indeed his dark servants as riders...

4 *The Breeding of the Orcs Black
Condition * Support Area
Toil 1. Epic. (This condition cannot be discarded from play).
Each Orc skirmishing an Elf is strength +1.
Shadow: Exert 3 non-enduring Black minions to spot a companion. That companion loses all race keywords and gains Orc until the regroup phase.
By slow arts of cruelty were corrupted and enslaved; and thus did Melkor breed the hideous race of the Orcs in envy and mockery of the Elves, of whom they were afterwards the bitterest foes.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:15 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

1 Spying Spirit Black
Minion * Creature
Lurker.
Response: If the Free Peoples player plays an event, discard this minion to cancel that event.
For by after-knowledge the wise declare that Melkor, ever watchful, was first aware of the awakening of the Quendi, and sent shadows and evil spirits to spy upon them and waylay them.
maybe to cancel it and add a threat if it is an elf event?

Minion * Creature
This minion gains each race in the fellowship. For each race this minion has, it is strength +1.
Maneuver: Make this minion lose X race keywords until the regroup phase to add [X].
The most ancient songs of the Elves, tell of the shadow-shapes that walked in the hills above Cuiviénen, or would pass suddenly over the stars.
weird...very weird

4 *Rider, Minion of Melkor Black
Minion * Creature
Fierce. Muster.
Each time Rider wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat to exert a companion (or 2 companions if you can spot 6 companions).
...of the dark Rider upon his wild horse that pursued those that wandered to take them and devour them.
make him cost 5

4 Dark Rider Black
Minion * Creature
Fierce. Muster.
When you play this minion, you may remove a threat to make it twilight cost -2.
sure

2 *The Breeding of the Ocs Black
Condition * Support Area
Epic. (This condition cannot be discarded from play).
To play, exert a Black minion.
Shadow: Exert 3 non-enduring Black minions to spot a companion. That companion loses all race keywords and gains Orc until the regroup phase.
By slow arts of cruelty were corrupted and enslaved; and thus did Melkor breed the hideous race of the Orcs in envy and mockery of the Elves, of whom they were afterwards the bitterest foes.

breeding of Ocs? cool! I think the cost should be upped and toil 1 be added.

you have lots of different elves. firstborn is OK, but I think I would make it while you can spot 1 type of elf, the first of your other 2 types are -2.
Savvy?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:21 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Made a change on The Firstborn so that it only really helps one decktype. Check it out. Thumbs Up

Not bad, but do you have to pay its twilight cost when you start with it?

elf lvr wrote:
1 Spying Spirit Black
Minion * Creature
Lurker.

Seriously needs some cultural enforcement - 1 cost blanket cancelling an event for ANY deck seems far too much, especially when you can add a threat as well and tie up a companion.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature
This minion gains each race in the fellowship. For each race this minion has, it is strength +1.

I’d prefer ’Free Peoples race you can spot’. Interesting but incredibly weird. Does that mean the FP player can use this minion to pay the costs of their cards? Very weird.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Creature
Fierce. Muster.

Interesting. Don’t remember who he is, but very interesting.

elf lvr wrote:
4 Dark Rider Black
Minion * Creature
Fierce. Muster.

’... to make its twilight...’ I think is better. No complaints.

elf lvr wrote:
4 *The Breeding of the Ocs Black
Condition * Support Area
[/quote]
Ahh! Save me from the Ocs! Razz Hilariously funny and again very weird.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:04 am
elf lvr wrote:

And also some new cards.

1 Spying Spirit Black
Minion * Creature
Lurker.

Cool.

Minion * Creature

Odd gametext not sure i like the gains all the races thing but balanced.

Minion * Creature
Fierce. Muster.

Sound.

4 Dark Rider Black
Minion * Creature
Fierce. Muster.

Wow insanely hard.

4 *The Breeding of the Ocs Black
Condition * Support Area

Darn ive been beaten to the amusing comments on the typo. Isnt it spelled Ox? Razz

Dont like it, makes no sense at all, messing with fellowship races is pee’d up. See where youre coming from as regards the lore but changing gandalf into a goblin is so wrong i cant get started.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:03 pm
1 Make End of Darkness White
Event * Skirmish
Make a White companion strength +2. If that companion wins this skirmish, you may add a threat to remove a burden.
But the Valar made ready and came forth from Aman in strength of war, resolving to assault the fortresses of Melkor and make an end.

0 Utumno [Site]
Battleground. Underground.
When the fellowship moves to this site, add 1 for each Black card you can spot.

3 Cuiviénen [Site]
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert 2 Elves to play an Elf from your draw deck.

5 *Ingwe, Most High Lord Elven
Companion * Elf
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
To play, spot 2 Elves.
While you can spot 2 White companions (or Varda), Ingwe is strength +1 and resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Ingwe twice to reveal the top card of your draw deck. Make a minion skirmishing him strength -X, where X is that card’s twilight cost.
He entered into Valinor and sits at the feet of the Powers, and all Elves revere his name; but he came never back, nor looked again upon Middle-earth.
Last edited by elf lvr on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:44 am
elf lvr wrote:
2 Make End of Darkness White
Event * Skirmish
Make a White companion strength +2. If that companion wins this skirmish, you may add a threat to remove a burden.
But the Valar made ready and came forth from Aman in strength of war, resolving to assault the fortresses of Melkor and make an end.

Sweeet, may only need to cost 1 though.

0 Utumno [Site]
Battleground. Underground.
When the fellowship moves to this site, add 1 for each Black card you can spot.

Nice but couldnt this get a little out of hand?

3 Cuiviénen [Site]
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert 2 Elves to play an Elf from your draw deck.

Nice.

5 *Ingwe, Most High Lord Elven
Companion * Elf
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
To play, spot 2 Elves.
While you can spot 2 White companions (or Varda), Ingwe is strength +1 and resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Ingwe twice to reveal the top card of your draw deck. Make a minion skirmishing him strength -X, where X is that card’s twilight cost.
He entered into Valinor and sits at the feet of the Powers, and all Elves revere his name; but he came never back, nor looked again upon Middle-earth.

Hmmm i think hes ok.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards