LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:04 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
2 Make End of Darkness White
Event * Skirmish
Make a White companion strength +2. If that companion wins this skirmish, you may add a threat to remove a burden.
But the Valar made ready and came forth from Aman in strength of war, resolving to assault the fortresses of Melkor and make an end.

Yeah, especially with a threat being added for the second part, 1 cost is fine.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Utumno [Site]
Battleground. Underground.
When the fellowship moves to this site, add 1 for each Black card you can spot.

Neat idea! GP Okay since it’s normally 0, but I still think I’d cap it at 4 or 5.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Cuiviénen [Site]
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert 2 Elves to play an Elf from your draw deck.

Green Dragon Inn for Elves. Smile Not overly creative Razz, but good stuff.

elf lvr wrote:
5 *Ingwe, Most High Lord Elven
Companion * Elf
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
To play, spot 2 Elves.
While you can spot 2 White companions (or Varda), Ingwe is strength +1 and resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Ingwe twice to reveal the top card of your draw deck. Make a minion skirmishing him strength -X, where X is that card’s twilight cost.
He entered into Valinor and sits at the feet of the Powers, and all Elves revere his name; but he came never back, nor looked again upon Middle-earth.

Did you mean for that to be 2 other White companions? If not, I think doing that would allow you to lower his cost to 4, especially considering the hefty spotting requirement to play him.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Make a White companion strength +2. If that companion wins this skirmish, you may add a threat to remove a burden.
But the Valar made ready and came forth from Aman in strength of war, resolving to assault the fortresses of Melkor and make an end.
cool! cut cost to 1

0 Utumno [Site]
nice

3 Cuiviénen [Site]
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert 2 Elves to play an Elf from your draw deck.
cool!

Companion * Elf
To play, spot 2 Elves.
While you can spot 2 White companions (or Varda), Ingwe is strength +1 and resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Ingwe twice to reveal the top card of your draw deck. Make a minion skirmishing him strength -X, where X is that card’s twilight cost.
He entered into Valinor and sits at the feet of the Powers, and all Elves revere his name; but he came never back, nor looked again upon Middle-earth.

who was this guy again?
I like it
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:48 am
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

Could easily cost 1. If you removed the adding a threat, then maybe it could cost 2. Good to know that we’re being consistent on this one!

elf lvr wrote:
0 Utumno [Site]

Might change it to Black condition lest it get far too out of hand. Where is Utumno - it’s been a long time since I’ve read the Silmarillion.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Cuiviénen [Site]

Firstly, where is this? Secondly, nice site - often the simplest are best.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf
To play, spot 2 Elves.

Very nice, but given he was so amazing I think his resistance should be at least 8 or 9.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:04 am
5 *Finwe, First Lord of the Noldor Blue
Companion * Elf
Strength: 9
Resistance: 8
To play, spot 3 Blue Elves.
Each Black minion skirmishing a Blue Elf is strength -1.
Skirmish: Discard a Free Peoples artifact to make Finwe damage +2.
Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.

Here’s really your first taste of Blue Elves, since all you’ve seen so far is the ring-bearer (Faenor) and Finrod, who ties in more with Elven and Gondor cultures.

These guys are sort of crosses between dwarves and elves gameplay wise, you’ll see damage bonuses and card drawing here, though not exactly to dwarvish extent. Lots of artifact manipulation, too!

4 *Olwe, The Seafarer Elven
Follower
Strength: +2
Aid - 2
Olwe is twilight cost -1 for each Elf you can spot.
Skirmish: If bearer is at a forest or river site, exert bearer twice to play a possession or artifact on him from your draw deck.
Two lords they had, for their numbers were great: Elwë Singollo (which signifies Greymantle) and Olwë his brother.
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:20 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf
Skirmish: Discard an artifact to make Finwe damage +2.

Nice, but should probably be discard a FP artifact.

Here’s really your first taste of Blue Elves, since all you’ve seen so far is the ring-bearer (Faenor) and Finrod, who ties in more with Elven and Gondor cultures.

These guys are sort of crosses between dwarves and elves gameplay wise, you’ll see damage bonuses and card drawing here, though not exactly to dwarvish extent. Lots of artifact manipulation, too!

5 *Olwe, The Seafarer Elven
Follower
Aid - 2
Skirmish: If bearer is at a forest or river site, exert bearer twice to play a possession on him from your draw deck.
Two lords they had, for their numbers were great: Elwë Singollo (which signifies Greymantle) and Olwë his brother.
Not *entirely* sure he’s worth it. Maybe he is, but he’s pretty expensive. Nice nonetheless; I can imagine him seeing use, just not a ton. Maybe cut the forest and river part? Or not. Your call.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:42 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

Hmm not amazing, but fair enough.

Follower
Aid - 2
Skirmish: If bearer is at a forest or river site, exert bearer twice to play a possession on him from your draw deck.

Oof drop to exert once or its just not worth it.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:56 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

Awesome.

elf lvr wrote:
Follower
Aid - 2

Two suggestions: drop the ability to 1 exertion, or keep it as it and allow artifacts as well. Twisted Evil Then it’s REALLY good with Finwe, too!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:48 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

Firstly, he definitely should not be able to discard Shadow artifacts. Secondly, his first ability is a bit too limited, but I’m not sure what you can replace it with that would be fitting with his theme.

elf lvr wrote:
Follower
Aid - 2

Shame he isn’t a companion. I totally agree with DI.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf
right now you can discard shadow artifacts. make it freeps artifact. maybe each orc skirmishing a u elf...

Follower
Aid - 2

cut cost to 4
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:12 am
3 Glory of the Rider White
Event * Skirmish
Exert a White companion to make that companion strength +3. If they win this skirmish, you may remove a threat (or a burden if that companion was Orome).
Oromë rode at their head upon Nahar, his white horse shod with gold...

2 *The Song of the Nightengales Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot a Spirit companion, each Elf is strength +1 and resistance +1.
There she filled the silence of Middle-earth before the dawn with her voice and the voices of her birds.

3 *Thingol, Lord of Doriath Elven
Companion * Elf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
While at a forest site, each Elf resistance +1.
Skirmish: Exert Thingol twice to make an Elf (except the Ring-bearer) strength +X, where X is that Elf’s resistance.
The Sindar they were named, the Grey-elves, the Elves of the Twilight and King Greymantle was he, Elu Thingol in the tongue of that land.

3 Doriath [Site]
Forest.
While you can spot an Elf, sites in this region may not be replaced by the Shadow player.

2 The Fairest Love, the Fairest Place Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot a Spirit and an Elven companion, each site on the adventure path is a forest.
And of the love of Thingol and Melian there came into the world the fairest of all the Children of Ilúvatar that was or shall ever be.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:21 am; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards