LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:35 pm
elf lvr wrote:
3 Glory of the Rider White
Event * Skirmish
Exert a White companion (or spot Orome) to make that companion strength +3. If they win this skirmish, you may remove a burden and a threat.
Oromë rode at their head upon Nahar, his white horse shod with gold...

We’ve had this wording problem recently with one of DI’s cards. It’s not clear that if you spot Orome, the strength bonus can only apply to him. But, it’s a solid card and I might remove the parentheses altogether and maybe make either the threat or burden conditional on the White companion being Orome.

elf lvr wrote:
1 *The Song of the Nightengales Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot a Spirit companion, each Elf is strength +1 and resistance +1.
There she filled the silence of Middle-earth before the dawn with her voice and the voices of her birds.

I think it needs to cost 2, but solid!

elf lvr wrote:
3 *Thingol, Lord of Doriath Elven
Companion * Elf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
While at a forest site, each Elf is strength +1 and resistance +1.
Skirmish: Exert Thingol twice to make an Elf (except the Ring-bearer) strength +X, where X is that Elf’s resistance.
The Sindar they were named, the Grey-elves, the Elves of the Twilight and King Greymantle was he, Elu Thingol in the tongue of that land.

I think his first ability is too good. Though I understand where you’re coming from, I think it needs to only apply to Thingol. But the second ability I love (being very reminiscent of The White Council! Razz)!

elf lvr wrote:
3 Doriath [Site]
Forest.
While you can spot an Elf, sites in this region may not be replaced by the shadow player.

’Shadow’ should be capitalised, but nice card.

elf lvr wrote:
1 The Fairest Love, the Fairest Place Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot a Spirit and an Elven companion, each site on the adventure path is a forest.
And of the love of Thingol and Melian there came into the world the fairest of all the Children of Ilúvatar that was or shall ever be.

Rather ridiculous methinks given Thingol and the Song above. I think it would work better as an event that lasts until the end of the turn.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
3 Glory of the Rider White
Event * Skirmish
Exert a White companion (or spot Orome) to make that companion strength +3. If they win this skirmish, you may remove a burden and a threat.
Oromë rode at their head upon Nahar, his white horse shod with gold...
cool!!

1 *The Song of the Nightengales Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot a Spirit companion, each Elf is strength +1 and resistance +1.
There she filled the silence of Middle-earth before the dawn with her voice and the voices of her birds.
up cost

3 *Thingol, Lord of Doriath Elven
Companion * Elf
While at a forest site, each Elf is strength +1 and resistance +1.
Skirmish: Exert Thingol twice to make an Elf (except the Ring-bearer) strength +X, where X is that Elf’s resistance.
The Sindar they were named, the Grey-elves, the Elves of the Twilight and King Greymantle was he, Elu Thingol in the tongue of that land.
the first ability seems a tad good. while you can spot melian too maybe?

3 Doriath [Site]
Forest.
While you can spot an Elf, sites in this region may not be replaced by the shadow player.
good

1 The Fairest Love, the Fairest Place Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot a Spirit and an Elven companion, each site on the adventure path is a forest.
And of the love of Thingol and Melian there came into the world the fairest of all the Children of Ilúvatar that was or shall ever be.

up cost again
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:29 am
4 *Melian, Queen of the Hidden Lands White
Companion * Ainur
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Spirit.
Melian’s culture can be spotted as Elven.
At the start of the maneuver phase, if the fellowship is at a forest site, you may discard 2 cards from hand to make each Elf strength +1 until the regroup phase.
Response: If you play an Elven spell, exert Melian twice to return that spell to your hand instead of placing it in your discard pile.
Among all his people there were none more beautiful than Melian, nor more wise, nor more skilled in songs of enchantment.

0 The Teachings of the Sea Elven
Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Spot an Elf to choose one: add 1 to heal a companion, add 2 to draw 2 cards, or add 3 to discard a Shadow condition.
Ossë instructed them, sitting upon a rock near to the margin of the land, and of him they learned all manner of sea-lore and sea-music.

There’s the Elven card for this cycle. Enjoy. Razz

3 Tol Eressea [Site]
River.
Fellowship: Exert an Elf and add 2 to draw a card.

1 Thirst For Knowledge Blue
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot 2 Blue Elves.
Fellowship: Discard a Free Peoples artifact to draw 2 cards.
Great became their knowledge and their skill; yet even greater was their thirst for more knowledge, and in many things they soon surpassed their teachers.

There are a lot of Blue cards that need artifacts to work, and this one even discards them. So, let’s get to a couple artifacts.

0 Jewels and Gems Blue
Artifact * Support Area
To play, spot a Blue Elf.
Each time you play another artifact, you may add a Blue token here.
Fellowship: Remove 2 Blue tokens from here to draw a card.
And it came to pass that the masons of the house of Finwë... first discovered the earth-gems, and brought them forth in countless myriads.

1 Sea-Jewels Blue
Artifact
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be a Blue Elf.
You may play this artifact any time you could play a skirmish event.
When you play this artifact, you may make a Blue Elf damage +1.
Regroup: Add a threat to play this artifact from your discard pile.
Many jewels the Noldor gave them, opals and diamonds and pale crystals, which they strewed upon the shores and scattered in the pools...
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:42 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Ainur
Spirit.
At the start of the maneuver phase, if the fellowship is at a forest site, you may discard 2 cards from hand to make each Elf strength +1 until the regroup phase.
Response: If you play an Elven spell, exert Melian twice to return that spell to your hand instead of placing it in your discard pile.
Among all his people there were none more beautiful than Melian, nor more wise, nor more skilled in songs of enchantment.

’Melian has the Elven culture’ sounds better in my opinion, but it’s probably not any ’more right’ so whatever. With all your other bonuses for spirits and forest sites, I think this is pushing it. You’re looking at about 4 or 5 cards to make every single Elf strength +2 and resistance +2. I’d like a bit more variation, however much it makes sense in this case.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Spot an Elf to choose one: add 1 to heal a companion, add 2 to draw 2 cards, or add 3 to discard a Shadow condition.
Ossë instructed them, sitting upon a rock near to the margin of the land, and of him they learned all manner of sea-lore and sea-music.

I think, again given the Elven strengths, I’d make the 1 ability draw 1 card and the 2 ability heal 2 companions, but solid.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Tol Eressea [Site]
Tol Eressea may be spotted as a River site.

Yes, but your sentence is EXACTLY the same as putting river on it! What does ’river’ do? It makes that site be spotted as a ’river site’! With that huge twilight adding it could probably cost 2, but I’m bad at the pricings of sites so wait for some more reviews. (You could always make up a new terrain keyword: ’Island’, though I think it’s ’rivery’ enough to say ’river’ anyway).

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Fellowship: Discard an artifact to draw 2 cards.
Great became their knowledge and their skill; yet even greater was their thirst for more knowledge, and in many things they soon surpassed their teachers.

Should only discard FP artifacts, but fine.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Jewels and Gems Blue
Artifact * Support Area
And it came to pass that the masons of the house of Finwë... first discovered the earth-gems, and brought them forth in countless myriads.

Am I right in thinking that Blue culture is the Noldor which is why you have damage bonuses and fellowship card-drawing? I think this should probably be a condition as it’s more describing artifacts than actually being one, if you know what I mean!

elf lvr wrote:
1 Sea-Jewels Blue
Artifact * Support Area
Many jewels the Noldor gave them, opals and diamonds and pale crystals, which they strewed upon the shores and scattered in the pools...

So what’s the point of playing it in the fellowship phase? What’s the point of having this card ever apart from when you play it? Make it cost 0 (or give it a minor ability, so maybe plays on someone with a resistance bonus) and then add a further cost to play it in the skirmish phase like exerting a Blue Elf.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Ainur
Spirit.
if you have initiative they can discard 2 cards howabout

Event * Fellowship
Tale.
make em all cost 2

3 Tol Eressea [Site]
I don’t see why it wouldn’t be easier, oh and make it add 1

Condition * Support Area
discarding artifacts GRRRR...make it cost 0
0 Jewels and Gems Blue
Artifact * Support Area
make it one token...I am glad this set will never get made, too many more artifacts to collect

1 Sea-Jewels Blue
Artifact * Support Area

cool! I get the combo now!
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:09 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Ainur
Spirit.

Thran is right about culture. Awesome first ability but the second is a bit powerful if you ask me. It takes a 3 cost event for gandalf to do the same thing and here its built in.

Event * Fellowship
Tale.

All 3 abilities on one card with such versatility is ridiculously good. 1 to heal a companion is too good, should be 2. 2 to draw 2 card is probably just ok but as its on a mulit choice card it tips it to too good, would be better on its own card. 3 for condition discard probably ok seeing as elves can do it just as well elsewhere.

3 Tol Eressea [Site]

It’s not a river, but an island, but I want it to be spotted as one. I KNOW it’d be easier to just make it a river, but it isn’t, really.

I have to agree with Thran even with your explanation its still daft. Either its a river or its not. I doesnt affect gameplay one bit the way youve phrased it so make a decision. Leave it or cut it.

Condition * Support Area

As has been noted make it freeps then its fine, could cost 0 actually as artifacts are a costly discard.

0 Jewels and Gems Blue
Artifact * Support Area

Needs unique.

1 Sea-Jewels Blue
Artifact * Support Area

Fine but wouldnt the artifact be better off playing on someone to make them damage +1 rather than to your SA?

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:17 am
3 *Feanor, Flaming Spirit Blue
Companion * Elf
Resistance: 5
While Feanor bears an artifact, he is damage +1.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Feanor is defender +1.
Fëanor was the mightiest in skill of word and of hand, more learned than his brothers; his spirit burned as a flame.

4 *Fingolfin, Silver Star Blue
Companion * Elf
While he skirmishing a fierce minion, Fingolfin is strength +1 for each artifact you can spot.
Regroup: Exert Fingolfin twice and discard an artifact to discard a minion.
Fingolfin gleamed beneath it as a star...

2 *Ringil, Blade of Ice Blue
Artifact * Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be Fingolfin. He is damage +1.
Maneuver: Exert Fingolfin to exert a minion. That minion cannot heal until the regroup phase.
He drew his sword Ringil, that glittered like ice.

Probably more companions to come later.. this part of the Silmarillion is full of elf-names...
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:25 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf
Fëanor was the mightiest in skill of word and of hand, more learned than his brothers; his spirit burned as a flame.

Fair enough.

Companion * Elf
While skirmishing a Black minion, Fingolfin is strength +1 for each artifact you can spot.

Id cut to exert once. Thumbs Up

1 *Ringil, Blade of Ice Blue
Artifact * Hand Weapon
Maneuver: Exert bearer to exert a minion. That minion cannot heal until the regroup phase.

Cool but has to cost 2.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:35 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

Seems fine to me. Kinda low resistance for an Elf, though, but I guess it helps balance it out.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf
While skirmishing a Black minion, Fingolfin is strength +1 for each artifact you can spot.

Looks good as is.

elf lvr wrote:
1 *Ringil, Blade of Ice Blue
Artifact * Hand Weapon
Maneuver: Exert bearer to exert a minion. That minion cannot heal until the regroup phase.

If it weren’t for the damage bonus, this would be okay (albeit barely) at 1. As is, though, I, like lem0n, think it should be 2.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:40 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf
needs to cost more and have better stats.

Companion * Elf
make it exert once and discard an artifact

2 *Ringil, Blade of Ice Blue
Artifact * Hand Weapon

I likey

the reason feanor needs to be more powerful is he was the "strongest" of the brothers, but right now he is pretty dang weak...
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards