LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:48 pm
elf lvr wrote:
3 *Feanor, Flaming Spirit Blue
Companion * Elf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
While Feanor bears an artifact, he is damage +1.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Feanor is defender +1.
Fëanor was the mightiest in skill of word and of hand, more learned than his brothers; his spirit burned as a flame.

Absolutely solid, but surely Feanor should also have an ability to play artifacts from your draw deck as if he was making them? Oh, and resistance 5 is simply too generous for this character - 4 at maximum.

elf lvr wrote:
4 *Fingolfin, Silver Star Blue
Companion * Elf
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
To play, spot a Blue Elf.
While skirmishing a Black minion, Fingolfin is strength +1 for each artifact you can spot.
Regroup: Exert Fingolfin twice and discard an artifact to discard a minion.
Fingolfin gleamed beneath it as a star...

Discard a FREE PEOPLES artifact, but fine otherwise, except that I don’t like such targetted and specific abilities as the first one. Perhaps change it to certain sites, or in fierce fights, or something else more general, though it’s an awesome and appropriate ability.

elf lvr wrote:
2 *Ringil, Blade of Ice Blue
Artifact * Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be Fingolfin. He is damage +1.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to exert a minion. That minion cannot heal until the regroup phase.
He drew his sword Ringil, that glittered like ice.

Change those bearers to ’Fingolfin’, but nice and no other complaints.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:19 pm
Okay, I’m changing tracks again here. Thing is, if I just continue through the book, we might never get done! The Hobbit is going well enough for being recently started (and considering I’ve been rather inactive) and I think The Last Battle is, too, but the Silmarillion is just too... massive.

So I’ll just do it culture by culture, or, more likely, theme by theme.

Right now, I’m going to start the Elves of Thingol’s realm. The first few of them you’ve seen (like the King himself) seem a little bland... but the rest are going to be interesting. Many of them will be Pathfinders, meaning they need to spot a site token (in this case, forest) to be played. But first, a refresher course on the Elven Forest cards I’ve made so far!

Quote:
3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Spot 2 Elves to add a "Forest" token to each site. (Each site with a Forest token gains Forest).

2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf
Ranger. Pathfinder - Forest. (To play this card, spot a Forest token).
When you play Elvish Hunter, you may return a tale from your discard pile to your hand.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at a forest site, exert Elvish Hunter to make another companion strength +2.

2 Felled the Beasts Elven
Event * Skirmish
Pathfinder - Forest.
Wound each minion assigned to skirmish an unwounded companion.

3 *Thingol, Lord of Doriath Elven
Companion * Elf
While at a forest site, each Elf resistance +1.
Skirmish: Exert Thingol twice to make an Elf (except the Ring-bearer) strength +X, where X is that Elf’s resistance.
The Sindar they were named, the Grey-elves, the Elves of the Twilight and King Greymantle was he, Elu Thingol in the tongue of that land.

So, we’ve got a Pathfinder theme and a small resistance theme. Let’s build on that, shall we?

But first, a site:

3 Menegroth [Site]
This site comes into play with a forest token on it.

3 *Beleg, Strongbow Elven
Companion * Elf
Strength: 6
Archer. Ranger. Pathfinder - Forest.
While in your starting fellowship, Beleg is twilight cost -1.
Maneuver: If Beleg bears a ranged weapon, exert him to wound a minion.
...they were found by Beleg Strongbow, chief of the marchwardens of King Thingol, who led them to Menegroth.

His archer and wounding ability might suit him better for the Green Pathfinders (both cultures use forest site tokens). But hey, that’d make a nice starting fellowship with The Firstborn.

3 *Mablung, the Heavy Hand Elven
Companion * Elf
Ranger. Pathfinder - Forest.
While you can spot a companion with resistance 7 or more, Mablung is twilight cost -1.
When you play Mablung, you may play a weapon on him from your draw deck.
Alone of the messengers Mablung, chief captain of the King, escaped, and he brought the dread tidings to Thingol.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:42 am
elf lvr wrote:

3 Menegroth [Site]

Thats just silly. Why not just put Forest?

Companion * Elf
...they were found by Beleg Strongbow, chief of the marchwardens of King Thingol, who led them to Menegroth.

Wow beastly powerful but probably ok.

Companion * Elf
While you can spot a companion with resistance 7 or more, Mablung is twilight cost -1.
Alone of the messengers Mablung, chief captain of the King, escaped, and he brought the dread tidings to Thingol.

Was gonna say he’s too good but he doesnt have a major ability so fine.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:47 am
elf lvr wrote:
3 Menegroth [Site]

I’m inclined to agree with lem0n on this one. Given sites have ’forest’ plus other abilities, I don’t think this card needs to be 3. Also, perhaps spotting some Elves in order to use that ability would be better.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

I’m not feeling Pathfinder at the moment - it seems a boring keyword to say something very simple. I think I’d get rid of it and put on cards as ’To play, spot a forest token,’ then turn it into a more interesting keyword. For example:

Pathfinder - Forest (When you play this card, you may add a forest token to a site on the site path)

Or, winning a skirmish, or moving during the regroup phase, or some other such trigger, but I think it has a lot more potential.

Other than that, he’s fine except for the fact that, because he has to spot a forest token to play, how can he be in your starting fellowship?

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

No complaints, apart from the note on Pathfinder above.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:06 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
3 Menegroth [Site]

Yeah, I’d make it a forest and add the forest token if you can spot a couple Elves or something. And probably bring the cost down to 2, at least.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion * Elf

Thran makes a good point about the starting fellowship. I like him, though. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
Companion * Elf

Nice how you can start him in the starting fellowship with, say, Frodo and get a weapon right off the bat. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

3 Menegroth [Site]
snazzy

Companion * Elf
make it archery not manuever. I thought he was a man...

Companion * Elf

coolio
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:39 pm
I kinda like Thran’s idea for pathfinder. Let’s see if this works a little better for the cards we have so far:

Quote:
3 Sing the Trees Elven
Event * Maneuver
Tale. Pathfinder - Forest. (When you play this card, add a Forest token to a site on the adventure path.)
To play, spot 2 Elves.

2 Elvish Hunter Elven
Companion * Elf
To play, spot a Forest token.
When you play Elvish Hunter, you may return a tale from your discard pile to your hand.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at a forest site, exert Elvish Hunter to make another companion strength +2.

2 Felled the Beasts Elven
Event * Skirmish
Wound each minion assigned to skirmish an unwounded companion.

3 Menegroth [Site]
Forest. Pathfinder - Forest.

Companion * Elf
Archer. Ranger.

Companion * Elf

This way, starting fellowships would work, because you actually play the first site before starting fellowships (I think, unless the rules have changed since I looked that up...) and so, use Mablung to add the token, and play Beleg using that token.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:18 am
Leaving aside that this was my idea Wink , I think these guys are GREAT! Razz

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards