LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:05 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
gil-estel wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1Saruman’s Ring Isengard
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Saruman.
The twilight cost of each Isengard spell is -1.
Shadow: Exert Saruman twice or discard this artifact to play an Isengard spell from your discard pile. That spell’s twilight cost is -2.
“‘But I rode to the foot of Orthanc, and came to the stair of Saruman....He wore a ring on his finger.’”

maybe instead of play, take in to hand, that way you can pull spells you can use during skirmish!....

Good call. Done.

And NB, I did the Staff that way to save on space, figuring I didn’t HAVE to do it like the old staff. If you disagree, I’ll certainly change it.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:32 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Saruman, Ring-maker Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Site: 4
Saruman may not take wounds during the archery phase and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
Each time an artifact is played or discarded, you may heal Saruman.
Response: If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, exert Saruman twice and spot X burdens to make X Uruk-hai fierce until the regroup phase.
“‘The lore of the Elven-rings, great and small, is his province. He has long studied it, seeking the lost secrets of their making....’”

I love this one. Good job.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Saruman, Cold and Perilous Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Site: 4
Lurker.
While skirmishing a Wizard, Saruman gains hunter 2 and damage +1 and is fierce until the regroup phase.
Each time an Isengard or Uruk-hai minion wins a skirmish, you may exert Saruman to draw a card or make an Isengard or Uruk-hai minion gain hunter 1 until the regroup phase.
“‘Well, I see that this wise course does not commend itself to you. Not yet? Not if some better way can be contrived?’”

This is both OP and too complicated. Take out the fierce (especially as his staff seems to do that anyway) and then choose one effect or the other for the second ability - do not have both on the same card.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 •Saruman’s Staff, Heavy Black Staff
Artifact • Staff
Strength +2
Bearer must be Saruman.
He is fierce and may be assigned to skirmishes.
Each time a spell is played, you may exert Saruman to exert a companion (twice if that companion is skirmishing Saruman).
“The figure lifted his arms and a light flashed from the staff that he wielded.”

I’d phrase the first bit in the same way as his original staff to make sure there are no problems with his first ability. I’d take out the brackets as well, but I always say that.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 •Saruman’s Ring
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Saruman.
Shadow: Exert Saruman twice or discard this artifact to take an Isengard spell into hand from your discard pile. If played this turn, that spell’s twilight cost is -2.
“‘But I rode to the foot of Orthanc, and came to the stair of Saruman....He wore a ring on his finger.’”

All rings should cost 0 (it’s the Rule of Shape) and so I would take out the twilight reduction, which is also a little complicated and should be got rid of anyway.

I look forward to some more Isengard spells.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:55 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Saruman’s Staff, Heavy Black Staff Isengard
Artifact • Staff
Strength +2
Bearer must be Saruman.
He is fierce and may be assigned to skirmishes.
Each time a spell is played, you may exert Saruman to exert a companion (twice if that companion is skirmishing Saruman).
“The figure lifted his arms and a light flashed from the staff that he wielded.”

Needs to be phrased like the old one, make the first line of sarumans gametext not apply. Lethal staff there DI.

1Saruman’s Ring Isengard
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Saruman.
Shadow: Exert Saruman twice or discard this artifact to take an Isengard spell into hand from your discard pile. If played this turn, that spell’s twilight cost is -2.

Wow awesome. But agree with Thran completely.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:05 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, made some tweaks to the last two and also went back and tweaked Saruman after Thran’s review.

You’ve probably already guessed what would be next...and you’re probably right, too. Razz So, here it is. Enjoy!

0The Palantír of Orthanc, Dangerous Tool Isengard
Artifact • Support Area
Palantír. To play, spot Saruman (or 2 Isengard minions).
When you play this artifact, add an Isengard token here for each artifact you can spot.
Shadow: Remove an Isengard token from here to make a player draw a card or discard a card at random from hand. Limit three times per phase.
At the start of each regroup phase, you may spot an Isengard minion and remove a threat to add an Isengard token here.
“‘Why should we fear to use it?’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:36 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:10 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, made some tweaks to the last two and also went back and tweaked Saruman after Thran’s review.

You’ve probably already guessed what would be next...and you’re probably right, too. Razz So, here it is. Enjoy!

I didnt guess Embarassed

Artifact • Support Area
When you play this artifact, add an Isengard token here for each artifact you can spot.
Shadow: Remove an Isengard token from here to make a player draw a card or discard a card at random from hand. Limit twice per phase.
At the start of each regroup phase, you may spot an Isengard minion and remove a threat to add an Isengard token here.

Id state Artifact • Palantir and then say plays to your support area as unless you plan on introducing the keyword palantir as an important thing it seems pointless. ID remove the or 2 minions. Only saruman should play that. Its seems balanced overall just not sure what its use would be. A threat to discard a card? Hmm... Think

The subtitle is funny it could also be a name for Pippin!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:51 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Artifact • Support Area
Shadow: Remove an Isengard token from here to make a player draw a card or discard a card at random from hand. Limit twice per phase.

Nice. Increase the limit, IMO.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:28 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
make it limit 3.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:30 pm
I was thinking 4 or 5.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:34 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Artifact • Support Area
Shadow: Remove an Isengard token from here to make a player draw a card or discard a card at random from hand. Limit three times per phase.

Whoa! I like it a lot!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Artifact • Support Area
At the start of each regroup phase, you may spot an Isengard minion and remove a threat to add an Isengard token ere.

beautiful i love oitt gp from mee

POst 1k 4 red stars babyy
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards