LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:17 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, FINALLY back for (hopefully) regular updates again. And there was great rejoicing...or at least, great screaming. Rolling Eyes

Okay, here are two new cards, one of which addresses Thran’s first observation and one of which is made as per NBarden’s comments. Hope they look alright. It’s amazing how hard it is to get back into the swing of things after being out of it for a few days. Anyway, enjoy!

2One Gate, Strongly Guarded Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, spot 3 Isengard minions (or Saruman) to add 2 or a threat.
“‘I rode under the arch, and the gate closed silently behind me, and suddenly I was afraid, though I knew no reason for it.’”

Make the cost to play spotting 3 minions or Saruman, and it triggers each time the fellowship moves.

2 Corrupts the Heart Isengard
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert 2 Isengard minions (or Saruman).
Each time an Isengard condition or artifact is played, you may add an Isengard token here.
Each time a burden is removed or an Isengard condition or artifact is discarded, remove an Isengard token from here.
At the start of your Shadow phase, you may spot 10 Isengard tokens here to corrupt the Ring-bearer. The Free Peoples player may add 3 burdens to prevent this.
“‘...as long as it is in the world it will be a danger even to the Wise. For nothing is evil in the beginning.’”

Just make it add three burdens. Because they’re going to prevent it if they can, and if they can’t, corrupt them anyway. 3.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:46 pm
NBarden wrote:
Just make it add three burdens. Because they’re going to prevent it if they can, and if they can’t, corrupt them anyway.

That’s actually a good point. If you have any prevention at all, it should be something other than burdens otherwise it’s a waste of time putting in the corruption bit.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:20 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, spot 3 Isengard minions (or Saruman) to add 2 or a threat.
“‘I rode under the arch, and the gate closed silently behind me, and suddenly I was afraid, though I knew no reason for it.’”

Nice, nice. A bit weird title, but nice.

Quote:
Condition • Support Area
Each time an Isengard condition or artifact is played, you may add an Isengard token here.
Each time a burden is removed or an Isengard condition or artifact is discarded, remove an Isengard token from here.
At the start of your Shadow phase, you may spot 10 Isengard tokens here to corrupt the Ring-bearer. The Free Peoples player may add 3 burdens to prevent this.
“‘...as long as it is in the world it will be a danger even to the Wise. For nothing is evil in the beginning.’”

Yeah, they’re right, burden adding is an odd corruption preventing thing. Besides, a "At the start" ability doesn’t really work with a "may prevent" ability, because they’d have to keep preventing the ability at thestart of every shadow phase (unless they could somehow remove tokens).

Not sure what to do about it though, honestly.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:13 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, FINALLY back for (hopefully) regular updates again. And there was great rejoicing...or at least, great screaming. Rolling Eyes

Okay, here are two new cards, one of which addresses Thran’s first observation and one of which is made as per NBarden’s comments. Hope they look alright. It’s amazing how hard it is to get back into the swing of things after being out of it for a few days. Anyway, enjoy!

Condition • Support Area

Could cost 1 or nothing. Isnt that useful in terms of the entire game. They would have to double move twice for you to get the cost back AND still have 3 minions on the table.

Condition • Support Area

Hmmm odd having burdens as a way of cancelling corruption. Id say spot x companions and add X threats or something to cancel. Also id add "to prevent this... and discard this condition". Otherwise you have a nasty repeatable scenario card.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:14 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Also id add "to prevent this... and discard this condition". Otherwise you have a nasty repeatable scenario card.

I definitely agree with this, as well as threats as a prevention mechanism.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition • Support Area
title stinks...works for me

Condition • Support Area

interesting...very vulnerable to condition discarding though. might be more interesting as an artifact, and cut the # of tokens down 2-3
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:15 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Missed a couple days, because ideas have been REALLY slow in coming for this culture lately. But in an attempt to perhaps better tie Isengard’s Orcs, Uruks, and Saruman together, here’s an idea I had. Let me know what you think, and of course, enjoy! Smile

2 Work To Do Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Exert an Isengard Orc to make an Uruk-hai strength +1 (or +2 if bearing a possession) until the regroup phase.
Shadow: Exert Saruman to play an Isengard minion from hand; that minion’s twilight cost is -1.
Maneuver: Exert an Isengard Uruk-hai to heal Saruman or an Orc.
“‘By foul craft Saruman has crossed orcs with goblinmen. He’s breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:58 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:17 pm
Really nice. Applause

Daaaaaang, some Uruks could get big...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:17 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Missed a couple days, because ideas have been REALLY slow in coming for this culture lately. But in an attempt to perhaps better tie Isengard’s Orcs, Uruks, and Saruman together, here’s an idea I had. Let me know what you think, and of course, enjoy! Smile

2 Work To Do Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Exert an Isengard Orc to make an Uruk-hai strength +1 (or +2 if bearing a possession) until the regroup phase.
Shadow: Exert an Isengard Uruk-hai to heal Saruman or an Orc.
Shadow: Exert Saruman to play an Isengard minion from hand; that minion’s twilight cost is -1.
“‘By foul craft Saruman has crossed orcs with goblinmen. He’s breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard.’”

Whoa. Give an uruk-Hai a Broad-Bladed Sword and then exhaust all your Uruks and Orcs to make him huge. I like it. Or, you could get out several Broad-Bladed Swords and get some really big dudes.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
maybe but a limit on the first on of +6 or something. and a limit on the last of twice per phase maybe.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards