LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:18 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Work To Do Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Exert an Isengard Orc to make an Uruk-hai strength +1 (or +2 if bearing a possession) until the regroup phase.
Shadow: Exert an Isengard Uruk-hai to heal Saruman or an Orc.
Shadow: Exert Saruman to play an Isengard minion from hand; that minion’s twilight cost is -1.
“‘By foul craft Saruman has crossed orcs with goblinmen. He’s breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard.’”

ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! I want to use this card in a Wizards Deceived deck! GP

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
macheteman
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:07 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Missed a couple days, because ideas have been REALLY slow in coming for this culture lately. But in an attempt to perhaps better tie Isengard’s Orcs, Uruks, and Saruman together, here’s an idea I had. Let me know what you think, and of course, enjoy! Smile

2 Work To Do Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Exert an Isengard Orc to make an Uruk-hai strength +1 (or +2 if bearing a possession) until the regroup phase.
Shadow: Exert Saruman to play an Isengard minion from hand; that minion’s twilight cost is -1.
“‘By foul craft Saruman has crossed orcs with goblinmen. He’s breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard.’”

well, it’s a little bit of a loop, in a couple ways. play saruman, exert him to play an uruk, and exert the uruk to heal saruman etc... until all your minions are played at twilight cost -1. then use your orcs to pump the uruks, and the uruks heal the orcs so they can pump more. so basically, you can empty your hand for a lot cheaper, and pump your uruks really high.

i’m not sure if it is balanced or not.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:33 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Work To Do Isengard
Condition • Support Area

Oof. mm is right. Thats too strong. With a few cards that set up your hand you could exert every uruk you play to heal saruman and play another for 1 less cost and have a swarm on your hand. First ability is fine, to avoid the brokeness remove the heal saruman bit leave it as just Orc then its themed and cool.

Its almost equivalent to a condition that says each uruk comes into play exhausted but is twilight cost -1. Actually thats sounds interesting... Razz
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 am
Hang on...that’s basically toil 1 on all minions. Is that to powerful?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:29 am
Good catch mm. And it probably is too powerful. Maybe one of the abilities should exert twice or exert 2 Isengard minions?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
turn the second shadow ability to maneuver IMHO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:56 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
turn the second shadow ability to maneuver IMHO

That’s not a bad idea at all. I’ll do that. Good catch, guys!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I wuv it when I am smart Cool
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:38 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Officially, I am declaring this culture finished and have added it to the master cardlist for the set.

Unofficially, as I looked the culture over while adding it to the Road Ahead cardlist, I think it’s still a little lacking in a couple spots (Uruks, pumps, adding threats, adding burdens, etc.), so I’ll likely be posting a smattering of new cards here over the coming days...probably just one or two at a time. So stay tuned!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:55 pm
happy day! GP to dain
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards