LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:29 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
ditto AP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:32 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Alright, I reluctantly upped Riddermark Rider’s strength to 6. Since reviews seem really hard to come by lately, I guess two will have to do. So, moving on perhaps the highlight card of the Rohan culture in this set, along with a more common "cousin" of it. Enjoy!

2Shadowfax, Surpassingly Swift Rohan
Possession • Mount
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
To play, spot a Rohan Man. Bearer must be a unique Rohan Man or a Wizard.
If bearer is a Wizard, each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may heal bearer or remove a threat.
“‘And there is one among them that might have been foaled in the morning of the world....By day his coat glistens like silver; and by night it is like a shade, and he passes unseen. Light is his footfall!’”

2 Horse of Rohan Rohan (reprint)
Possession • Mount
To play, spot a Rohan Man. Bearer must be a Man, Elf, or Wizard.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
“‘...there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.’”
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:00 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Alright, I reluctantly upped Riddermark Rider’s strength to 6. Since reviews seem really hard to come by lately, I guess two will have to do. So, moving on perhaps the highlight card of the Rohan culture in this set, along with a more common "cousin" of it. Enjoy!

Possession • Mount
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
If bearer is a Wizard, each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may heal bearer or remove a threat.
“‘And there is one among them that might have been foaled in the morning of the world....By day his coat glistens like silver; and by night it is like a shade, and he passes unseen. Light is his footfall!’”

sweet. it makes so much sense to have shadowfax in the rohan culture.

Possession • Mount
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
“‘...there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.’”

hmm... you look familiar, have we met?

there, for you, a review!

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:02 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Mount
Vitality +1
Resistance +1

I would add a +1 strength bonus. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:03 am
if you did that, add bearer may not bear a hand weapon.
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:04 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I thought about that, but decided against it since it wanted it to be a little more distant from Greatest of the Mearas.

GP for your first review in the thread, mm. Thanks to you both! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:08 am
one thing though, you may want to remove the resistance bonus, since you have threat/healing+vitality, and it doesn’t restrict other possessions. removing the resistance bonus makes it more unique and keeps it perfectly balanced. it’s at least something to think about.
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Alright, I reluctantly upped Riddermark Rider’s strength to 6. Since reviews seem really hard to come by lately, I guess two will have to do.
you still have mine!

nice card
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:23 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Mount
Vitality +1
Resistance +1

Awesome card. I wouldn’t take out the resistance bonus, because the healng/threat removal only works on a double move. It’s also interesting making a Rohan shadowfax! I really like the idea.

This card is awesome for Radagast, the Brown.

Quote:
Possession • Mount

I always thought this card was underpowered, but hey, no complaints to a reprint, I suppose.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:26 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Alright, I reluctantly upped Riddermark Rider’s strength to 6.

Well, I think you should bring it back to 5. Compared to other hunter companions, he should be 6, but to be a balanced card he needs to have strength 5 or hunter 1.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Mount
Vitality +1
Resistance +1

Nice one.

Possession • Mount
“‘...there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.’”[/quote]
BROKEN! Only kidding - good card to reprint.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards