LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:28 pm
Well, for my DC set Rise of the Ring, I’m probably going to have some The Hobbit stuff. Which means riddles, of course. Anyways, here’s my idea for riddle cards. What do you think?

1 *Sun on the Daisies Shire
Condition * Support Area
Riddle.
Add 2 threats to solve this riddle.
Unsolved: Each Hobbit is resistance +1.
Solved: Each Hobbit is strength +1.
’An eye in a blue face/Saw an eye in a green face./"That eye is like to this eye"/Said the first eye,/"But in low place,/Not in high place."’

Like it? Do you think it would work?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
OneFathom
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:34 pm
I’m not a big visitor to the DC section, but this is one of the first interactive LOTR cards I’ve seen. Is the object for your opponent to solve the riddle? If so, I think it is a fun idea, until your opponent knows the answers to all of your riddles. Nonetheless, I applaud your creativity. I’d enjoy seeing more "riddle" cards.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:06 pm
Actually, it wasn’t intended to work that way... but that IS an interesting thought... hmm...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:32 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I like the "riddle-solving" idea. That could be very interesting. Although I really think that unsolved riddles should be bad, not good. But that’s just my 2 cents.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Lost Heir
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:53 am
You forgot to tell which phase you can solve the riddle in. But otherwise interesting idea, though maybe you should make it like OneFathom suggested.

- LH
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah we need to know which phase it is solvable, and which player can solve it.
I am not a big fan of OF’s idea.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:57 pm
Or you could receive a penalty if your Opponent solves it. Just an idea.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:05 pm
1 *Sun on the Daisies Shire
Condition * Support Area
Riddle.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may add 2 threats to solve this riddle.
Unsolved: Each Hobbit is resistance +1.
Solved: Each Hobbit is strength +1.
’An eye in a blue face/Saw an eye in a green face./"That eye is like to this eye"/Said the first eye,/"But in low place,/Not in high place."’

The "fellowship" and "you may" in there clear everything up?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:00 am
I also think that unsolved should be bad, or you should play a riddle and get your opponent to try and solve it in which case unsolved is good and solved is bad.

Consider this:

1 *Sun on the Daisies
Condition * Support Area
Riddle.
At the start of the regroup phase, any Shadow player may spot 3 unwounded minions to solve this riddle.
Unsolved: Each Hobbit is strength +1.
Solved: Each Hobbit is resistance -1.
At the start of each turn, you may exert a Hobbit to solve or discard this condition.

This gives the Shadow player a goal, to keep 3 minions alive and unwounded. It also gives the FP player a goal, to make deny the Shadow player their goal by wounding as many minions as possible. And it has a way to continually loop from one state to another.

Riddles should be dangerous (after all, Gollum would have eaten Bilbo if he had beaten him in the riddle game) and they should be something that you ’know the answer to’ and your opponent doesn’t. You could even have some riddles that you want to solve and some that you want to remain unsolved.

I really like your idea - it opens a large number of possibilities, and I hope you appreciate my Two Cents

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:38 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Great ideas Thranduil! GP as soon as possible.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards