LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:47 am
Yes I am back, and my cards are as we speak making their way through cyberspace towards you!
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:58 pm
Here we go:

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 •Journey’s End Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Elves.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site in region 3, the Free Peoples player may discard 2 cards from hand to remove a burden or 2 threats.
"And all will turn / To silver glass / A light on the water / Grey ships pass / Into the West."

0 •Darkness Falls Gollum
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert Gollum.
While the Ring-bearer is the only companion you can spot, he is resistance -3.
Each time a companion is killed or discarded from play, add a burden.
"And you will weep / When you face the end alone / You are lost! / You can never go home."

2 Naked in the Dark Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a Sauron or Wraith minion.
While the Ring-bearer has 3 or less resistance, the Free Peoples player must play with his hand revealed.
"’No taste of food, no feel of water, no sound of wind, no memory of tree or grass or flower, no image of moon or star are left to me. There is no veil between me and the wheel of fire. I begin to see it even with my waking eyes, and all else fades.’"

0 Steadfast Friends Shire
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
If Frodo and Sam are the only 2 companions in the fellowship, heal both of them twice and remove a burden.
"’I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.’"

lem0nhead wrote:
2 • All Souls Pass Elven
Condition • Support Area
The Free Peoples player may not discard this condition.
Any card with the same title as any card stacked here may not be played.
Response: If there are no more than 2 cards stacked here and an Elf is about to be killed, stack that Elf here.
"And all will turn / To silver glass / A light on the water / Grey ships pass / Into the West."

3 Darkness Falls Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Discard Gollum and another minion with twilight cost of X to discard a companion with strength X (except the Ring-bearer).
"And you will weep / When you face the end alone / You are lost! / You can never go home."

0 • Frodo, Heavily Burdened Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resitance: 10
Ring-bearer.
While Frodo is in region 1 he is resistance +2.
While Frodo is in region 2 he is resistance +1.
While Frodo is in region 3 he is resistance -1 and strength +1.
"’No taste of food, no feel of water, no sound of wind, no memory of tree or grass or flower, no image of moon or star are left to me. There is no veil between me and the wheel of fire. I begin to see it even with my waking eyes, and all else fades.’"

0 • The Journey’s Finished Shire
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Frodo and Sam and neither bears The One Ring they are resistance +1 and strength +1.
"’I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.’"

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
3 Into the West Gandalf
Event • Response
To play, spot Gandalf or 3 unique Elves. Remove all cards in each player’s discard piles from the game.

0 •Alone Gollum (FP)
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smeagol.
At the start of each of your turns wound a companion (except Smeagol) twice.
Each companion is strength +1.
Each Gollum minion is strength -1.

1 Naked in the Dark Shire
Event • Skirmish
Remove a Shire card in your discard pile from the game to make the Ring-bearer strength +X, where X is the current region.
’No taste of food, no feel of water, no sound of wind, no memory of tree or grass or flower, no image of moon or star are left to me. There is no veil between me and the wheel of fire. I begin to see it even with my waking eyes, and all else fades.’

1 At Journey’s End Shire
Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Shire companions to draw X cards, where X is the current region.
’I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.’

Thranduil wrote:
2 Into the West Elven
Event • Regroup
To play, spot 2 Elves.
Discard an Elven companion to heal each non-Elven companion.
Discard a Shire companion to remove 2 burdens.
Discard a Gandalf companion to discard each minion.
And all will turn / To silver glass / A light on the water / Grey ships pass / Into the West.

2 Internal Insults Gollum (Free Peoples)
Event • Regroup
Exert Gollum or Smeagol to play a Gollum card from your discard pile. Then, discard Gollum or Smeagol.
And you will weep / When you face the end alone / You are lost! / You can never go home.

1 • The Wheel of Fire Sauron
Condition
To play, discard a Sauron card from play.
Bearer must be the Ring-bearer.
While in region 1, bearer is strength -1.
While in region 2, bearer is resistance -1.
While in region 3, bearer is resistance -2 and at the start of the maneuver phase, he or she must wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
’No taste of food, no feel of water, no sound of wind, no memory of tree or grass or flower, no image of moon or star are left to me. There is no veil between me and the wheel of fire. I begin to see it even with my waking eyes, and all else fades.’

1 • Legendary Journey Shire
Condition
To play, discard a Shire card from play.
Bearer must be Frodo.
While in region 1, Frodo is resistance +1 for each other Free Peoples culture in the fellowship.
While in region 2, Frodo is strength +1 for each other Shire companion you can spot.
While in region 3, Frodo and Sam cannot be overwhelmed unless their strength is tripled.
’I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.’

Vote for 3, in order. Contestants shouldn’t vote.
Last edited by elf lvr on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:56 am; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Anvar
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:09 am
Good cards and a tough call, but in the end I vote:

1] Thranduil - I love the link between lore and game text, especially Into the West.

2] Anxious Chieftain - I love Darkness Falls and Naked in the Dark, but thought the other two were less inspiring.

3] Lem0nhead - I liked All Souls Pass and Frodo but didn’t really like the others.

So there you are,
Anvar
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thran
Lem0n
AC

sorry WLC< but your Into the west card really disappointed me, especially compared to the others. good try!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:41 pm
Come on, voters!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
c’mon people. I can understand not entering DC contest, DC’s are hard to make. I can understand being late for submitting, especially if you tell them you will be. But not voting? seriously it will take you a minute. thats all.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:04 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thran
AC
WLC

Yeah, WLC’s first card seemed... more than a bit excessive... but I liked the other three alot.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:20 pm
Three votes. Come on, people.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:54 pm
lem0n
AC

The others used a title already in use. Unforgivable.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anvar
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:17 pm
NBarden wrote:
lem0n
AC

The others used a title already in use. Unforgivable.

Don’t you think you should vote on which cards you actually liked best? I mean, even Decipher reused names by accident. It doesn’t actually affect the quality of the cards.

Anvar

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards