LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:41 pm
Tomorrow.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:58 pm
Got a new challenge ready yet?

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:29 am
AC: 31
Thran: 27
WLC: 16
Lost Heir: 10
Lem0n: 26
SoP: 4
LK: 2
L3333: 0

This next lore comes from Begalad’s song, sung for the trees he loved that had died:

Upon your head how golden-red the crown you bore aloft! / O rowan dead, upon your head your hair is dry and grey; / Your crown is spilled, your voice is stilled for ever and a day. / O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!

Aaaaand, this time is, in fact, a dual challenge! So here’s your second lore!

’Don’t leave me here alone! Don’t go where I can’t follow! Wake up, Mr. Frodo! O wake up, Frodo. Wake up!’

Sam speaking to Frodo after he’s been stung by Shelob.

So go forth! Next challenge will be your last!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:09 am
DC’s sent el. Whens this deadline?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:54 pm
Make it Wednesday, the 28th. Gives you plenty of time after thanksgiving (and with those of you that are in Dain’s contest, too...)
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:29 pm
Bump! Since some of you may have forgotten the deadline, I’ll give ya till tomorrow.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:54 pm
WeyounsLastClone wrote:

2 Lament for a loss Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Spot a companion to heal each companion of that culture. Each companion healed this way is strength +2 until the regroup phase.
"Upon your head how golden-red the crown you bore aloft! / O rowan dead, upon your head your hair is dry and grey; / Your crown is spilled, your voice is stilled for ever and a day. / O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!"

1 Struggle for life Shire
Event • Response
When your Hobbit is about to be overwhelmed, you may exert that companion twice, and exert another Shire companion to prevent that.
’Don’t leave me here alone! Don’t go where I can’t follow! Wake up, Mr. Frodo! O wake up, Frodo. Wake up!’

lem0nhead wrote:
1 • Bregalad’s Lament Gandalf
Condition
Bearer must be an Ent.
Bearer is strength +3 for each Ent in the dead pile.
While skirmishing an Isengard minion bearer is damage +1.
"Upon your head how golden-red the crown you bore aloft! / O rowan dead, upon your head your hair is dry and grey; / Your crown is spilled, your voice is stilled for ever and a day. / O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!"

2 • I’ve Got To Go On Shire
Condition
Strength: +2
Resistance: -4
Bearer must be Sam.
The Free Peoples player may not discard this condition.
Response: If Frodo, bearing The One Ring dies, make Sam the Ring-bearer.
"Don’t leave me here alone! Don’t go where I can’t follow! Wake up, Mr. Frodo! O wake up, Frodo. Wake up!"

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Elder Days Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time an Ent or Tree wins a skirmish, you may choose one: replace the current site with a forest from your adventure deck; or play a forest as the fellowship’s next site.
Maneuver: If the current site is a forest, spot 3 Ents to make each companion strength and resistance +1 until the regroup phase. Discard this condition.
’Upon your head how golden-red the crown you bore aloft! / O rowan dead, upon your head your hair is dry and grey; / Your crown is spilled, your voice is stilled for ever and a day. / O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!’

1 Left Alone Shire
Event • Regroup
Spot an exhausted Hobbit to heal another Hobbit 3 times.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
0 •Rowan-trees Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gandalf card is placed in the discard pile from play, hand, or deck, you may make an Ent resistance +1 until the end of the turn.
Upon your head how golden-red the crown you bore aloft! / O rowan dead, upon your head your hair is dry and grey; / Your crown is spilled, your voice is stilled for ever and a day. / O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!

5 Stung in the Neck Gollum
Event • Response
If a skirmish involving Shelob ends, discard 5 cards from hand to kill the character she was skirmishing.
"’Don’t leave me here alone! Don’t go where I can’t follow! Wake up, Mr. Frodo! O wake up, Frodo. Wake up!’"

Vote 2.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:11 pm
Do you mean 2 cards or 2 people?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:06 pm
2 people.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:08 pm
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
2 Lament for a loss Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Spot a companion to heal each companion of that culture. Each companion healed this way is strength +2 until the regroup phase.

Seems seriously undercosted, but then again it’s done in the fellowship phase so you can’t see how many minions there are. Still, it should definitely spot some Gandalf characters to play and probably cost 3 at least.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
1 Struggle for life Shire
Event • Response
When your Hobbit is about to be overwhelmed, you may exert that companion twice, and exert another Shire companion to prevent that.

I feel like Hobbits have better ways to save themselves than by 3 exertions and 1, like Crouched Down or No Visitors or Make a Run For It. Perhaps as a condition, this would be fine, and as an event for 1 exertion, but any more than that seems a bit much.

lem0nhead wrote:
1 • Bregalad’s Lament Gandalf
Condition
Bearer must be an Ent.
Bearer is strength +3 for each Ent in the dead pile.
While skirmishing an Isengard minion bearer is damage +1.

I like it, but the line about Isengard minions really spoils it for me, just because it’s so specific and so, for want of a better word, ’random’. Also, shame it doesn’t include Trees, which the lore is, after all, actually talking about.

lem0nhead wrote:
2 • I’ve Got To Go On Shire
Condition
Strength: +2
Resistance: -4
Bearer must be Sam.
The Free Peoples player may not discard this condition.
Response: If Frodo, bearing The One Ring dies, make Sam the Ring-bearer.
"Don’t leave me here alone! Don’t go where I can’t follow! Wake up, Mr. Frodo! O wake up, Frodo. Wake up!"

This is very weird. A question: what happens if Sam’s the Ring-bearer and the Shadow player discards this condition? Also, I think +2 strength might be pushing it, especially if he’s going to become your Ring-bearer.

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Elder Days Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time an Ent or Tree wins a skirmish, you may choose one: replace the current site with a forest from your adventure deck; or play a forest as the fellowship’s next site.
Maneuver: If the current site is a forest, spot 3 Ents to make each companion strength and resistance +1 until the regroup phase. Discard this condition.
’Upon your head how golden-red the crown you bore aloft! / O rowan dead, upon your head your hair is dry and grey; / Your crown is spilled, your voice is stilled for ever and a day. / O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!’

My original template of this card was to make each site forests until the end of the turn, but decided this was more interesting. Not sure about the cost of it, though.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Left Alone Shire
Event • Regroup
Spot an exhausted Hobbit to heal another Hobbit 3 times.

Again I found this one hard to price. I compared it to Store-Room, so ended up with this, but I’m not sure whether it’s too little.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
0 •Rowan-trees Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gandalf card is placed in the discard pile from play, hand, or deck, you may make an Ent resistance +1 until the end of the turn.

A rocking card, if it wasn’t that Ents don’t much care for resistance. Though, I guess this card would be amazing in a G for Grand strategy, though perhaps too good.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
5 Stung in the Neck Gollum
Event • Response
If a skirmish involving Shelob ends, discard 5 cards from hand to kill the character she was skirmishing.
"’Don’t leave me here alone! Don’t go where I can’t follow! Wake up, Mr. Frodo! O wake up, Frodo. Wake up!’"

This card is EVIL! But I love it, especially how she doesn’t even have to win the fight! Twisted Evil Funny how we all went for Shire cards except for this one.

So, my votes have to go to AC and lem0n (in that order).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards