LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK can’t wait.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:05 pm
And here is the next batch of Green cards! Very Happy

3Anglachel, Blade of Doriath Green
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Beleg or Túrin.
Skirmish: Remove bearer from the game to transfer this artifact to another eligible bearer; bearer gains hunter 2, damage +1, and defender +1 until the end of the game.
”Then Beleg chose Anglachel; and that was a sword of great fame….”

3Gurthang, Iron of Death Green
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Túrin.
Each time Túrin wins a skirmish, you may wound a minion.
Each time Túrin loses a skirmish, wound him.
”Then Túrin set the hilts upon the ground, and cast himself upon the point of Gurthang, and the black blade took his life.”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Transfer this artifact to another eligible bearer. Bearer gains hunter 3, damage +1, and defender +1 until the end of the game. Place the previous bearer in the dead pile. The previous bearer is unable to be removed from the dead pile.

Suggestion, to make it a little less clumsy:

Skirmish: Remove bearer from the game to transfer this artifact to another eligible bearer; he gains hunter 3, damage +1, and defender +1 until the end of the game.

That being said, I’m worried this might be a little too powerful. Maybe ease it back to hunter 2, at least.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Túrin.
”Then Túrin set the hilts upon the ground, and cast himself upon the point of Gurthang, and the black blade took his life.”

Good...very good. Quite appropriate based on the history of the blade.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:04 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Remove bearer from the game to transfer this artifact to another eligible bearer; bearer gains hunter 2, damage +1, and defender +1 until the end of the game.

Your original version put the previous bearer into the dead pile. Why the sudden change? Good, but hard to keep track of.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Túrin.

Probably doesn’t need to cost 3 given it’s huge disadvantage. I like it a lot though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1

Whoa! Deja Vu! Haven’t I seen this somewhere before?

Keep it at dead pile. Otherwise your Beleg and Turin could be something like... Hunter 8, defender +4, yadda, yadda...

Quote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Túrin.

Definately interesting. Could cut cost by 1.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:16 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
And here is the next batch of Green cards! Very Happy

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1

Wow insanely hard. But unlike last time it can be used more than once if you replay the companion. Not sure if its not too powerful. possibly not as the bonus isnt huge. Hmmm tricky.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Túrin.

Wow nice. Difficult balance.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:12 am
Thanks for the reviews, guys. Thumbs Up

4Beleg, Strongbow Green
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
Archer. Hunter 2.
Skirmish: Exert Beleg to make a minion skirmishing him strength –X, where X is the number of artifacts and possessions he bears (limit -3).
”’Beleg Cúthalion, long have you been foremost in the defence of Doriath, and for many deeds of valour and wisdom have earned my thanks.’”

1Belthronding, Bow of Beleg Green
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be Beleg. He gains hunter 1.
Archery: Remove 3 Green tokens to exert a minion (or wound that minion if you can spot Thingol).
“…and placed beside him Belthronding his great bow, that was made of black yew-wood.”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:14 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:16 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

4Beleg, Strongbow Green
Companion • Elf
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
Archer. Hunter 1.
Skirmish: Exert Beleg to make a minion skirmishing him strength –X, where X is the number of artifacts and possessions he bears (limit -3).
”’Beleg Cúthalion, long have you been foremost in the defence of Doriath, and for many deeds of valour and wisdom have earned my thanks.’”

Strongbow thats a cider drink Very Happy Wow he’s insanely good. Id say cut the hunter just to tone him down a bit. Nice though.

Archery: Remove 2 Green tokens to exert a minion (or wound that minion if you can spot Thingol).
“…and placed beside him Belthronding his great bow, that was made of black yew-wood.”

Id say 3 tokens, unless your token cards arent very good or reinforcable in your set. Thumbs Up

Couple of questions AP.

Whats the Schwabb? And how come youre back?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:04 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Whats the Schwabb?

A nickname that I picked up a couple of years ago. Razz

lem0nhead wrote:
And how come youre back?

I missed hanging out here. Crying or Very sad
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4Beleg, Strongbow Green
Companion • Elf
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
Archer. Hunter 1.

Yeah, he’s awfully powerful, but I DO like that he has hunter. Perhaps drop his strength to 6 and change it to hunter 2. Either that, or add a second cost to his skirmish ability.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Archery: Remove 2 Green tokens to exert a minion (or wound that minion if you can spot Thingol).

Agreed with lem0n.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards