LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

66%
  [ 2 ]  66%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:26 pm
I’ll agree with arashi, but patron tends to be a win more card usually, in my experience. I know he has snake offering, but it just usually won’t change the game.. Sosuke, sachi, and seshiro will be the ones to do that.
syndrome
Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:02 pm
I had some anti air in there before (hankyu’s) but in the end I realized I didn’t need flying protection, my deck usually can cause more damage (by having more creatures) per turn than my opponent with his flying creatures.

’Sides, if they ever leave a guy untapped (like the first turn it’s played) you can just use a sniper + sosuke to kill it.

I’ve thought about the patron before, and am still deciding whether to purchase a copy. The problem is I’ve been spending way to much on TCGs when I should be saving more for my car :S
http://myspace/delicatesituation
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:12 pm
Your deck can’t top white weenie, though. If they drop a 1/1 flyer first turn, a 2/2 flyer second, and anthem turn three, you really just can’t contend with that. Add in a jitte etc., and that really hurts.
inresponse
Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:13 pm
this article was well written to describe the deck, but it did only that. When writing about a casual deck, I feel there needs to be a lot more than just a deck, especially since I would never consider playing almost any of the cards in this deck. A casual article, I think, needs to incorporate something interesting besides a decklist that beats your friends at the local shop.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:10 pm
inresponse wrote:
this article was well written to describe the deck, but it did only that. When writing about a casual deck, I feel there needs to be a lot more than just a deck, especially since I would never consider playing almost any of the cards in this deck. A casual article, I think, needs to incorporate something interesting besides a decklist that beats your friends at the local shop.

What do you suggest? I tend to just make decks so completely out of the ordinary that people are too busy being shocked and arguing about it that they never notice Very Happy, but I could make worse but more funny decks if I knew what to add.
inresponse
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:36 pm
hmmm....

not sure. maybe like interesting anecdotes or something? I have no desire to give this article a good rating because the deck has no real game against anything, but all it says is how good individual cards in the deck are. I guess the claim that joyous respite was a good card was funny though.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest