LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Gate Troll
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
The counsel of Celeborn met in Lorien to discuss the remaining orcish
settlements in Mirkwood. An agreement was made; All remaining orcish
forces were to be wiped out. Elves from all corners of Middle Earth prepared
for a war of elimination, elven smith forged arms and armor enough for a
great host. The elves marshaled in Lothlorien and prepared to march

In the corridors of the fortress of Dol Guldur, Eltlas, the new Easterling commander of Dol Guldur walked to his throne-room. "An elven host is amassing in the cursed wood, master," announced Margöz; Eltas’ most trusted advisor as Eltlas entered the throne room. "I am aware of it Margöz," replied Eltlas coldly, seating himself on his throne. We have much to discuss.

The Mirkwood elven army marched from Thranduil’s elven halls,
assaulting the orcs of central Mirkwood. The army from Rivendell joined
them, hammering away at the weaker elvish defences. Finaly the Lorien
army struck, hoping to overwhelm the orcs with sheer force. In part the
strategy worked, for it drove the orcs back leagues toward Dol Guldur.
But the southern bastions were more strongly defended than the northern
ones and the elves, too suffered heavy casualtys at the hands of the orcs.

The garrison at Dol Guldur was strengthened and new earthworks errected,
new pits dug. The easterlings trained the orcs and Uruk-hai, hoping to form
them into an even more formidable fighting force. All this was hastened when new reports of the elves northern sucesses came to the ears of Eltlas.
After a month of new and dishearting reports there came an orcish tracker, an arrow in his back who after giving his vital message of the elvish locations dropped dead. The message was followed by a rain of arrows upon
the startled sentries; The attack had begun!
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:21 pm
Haldir crept through the darkness that perpetually surrounded Dol Guldur. With a flick of his hand, each elf nocked an arrow. The orc delivered his message, and Haldir gave the signal to fire. The band of elves loosed their arrows upon the sentries.

"STAY UNDERCOVER! AIM FOR THE ONES AT THE GATE!" Haldir yelled. The men rushed forth from their hiding place and began to rush at the gate, hoping to secure Dol Guldur by a quick surprise.

But the gate was closing. Haldir and his elves laid down heavy fire upon the orcs at the gate, but it wasn’t enough. The gate closed steadily, and soon one of the gates provided a barricade from the arrows of the elves.

The orcs on the wall had just mustered and were about to pour a volley upon the men. "COVER THE WALL!" yelled Haldir to his elves. The elves laid down a heavy fire upon the wall, and most of the men were able to extricate themselves from the front of the wall.

The attack had failed, although not completely useless. The works outside Dol Guldur were taken completely, and the Free Peoples now had free reign to operate outside of Dol Guldur. It was a large blow, one from which the guardians of Dol Guldur would not soon recover.
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Atse_Kashte
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:58 pm
Havoc reigned inside the courtyard of Dol Guldur as orcs scurried around, trying to recover from the assault. Easterlings could be seen among the rabble, trying to bring order and rank to the crowd. In a corner of the courtyard could be seen a circle of uruk-hai, arguing amongst themselves. One could be seen as the obvious leader, both in the way he talked and also his pure physical dominance above the rest. He had the markings of a berserker, and a fresh scar across his chest proved he had seen recent battles.

An orcish guard strode up to them, with arrogance matching his easterling training armor. "The mighty Eltlas wishes your presence, uruk." He directed this at the berserker. "Quiet, scum," replied one of the following. "Can you not see we are busy?"

"He would like to see you now." The head uruk-hai rolled his eyes at the others and followed the orc through the dark passages of Dol Guldur.

"Draug! Good to see you were not harmed in the assault," Eltlas yelled as the pair entered the throne-room. The uruk-hai laughed, and reaching his arm, plucked a lorien arrow from his back. "Their forces are many, and their arrows swift. But within our walls, we are protected," Draug called back.

The two approached and gripped arms in welcome. It was an unlikely sight, seeing an uruk and a man shaking hands. "I hear you have been making plans," Eltlas said.

"Yes I have. Walk with me." Eltlas shooed his guards away and walked with Draug to the map room. They gathered over the map as Draug showed his plan. "Their numbers are large, but they are no match for the fighting uruk-hai. I will take my men through the passages of Amon Lanc, over here. During their attack, they failed to notice my scouts on the hilltop, and I have been informed that this area will make an excellent location for an assault. My forces will scout the exact strength of their men and return straightaway to the fortress. If all goes well, I should be back here within a day or two."

"Good, good. It seems you have devised your plans well, uruk. Let us see if you can follow through." As the purple sun set on Dol Guldur, twelve uruk-hai in light armor could be seen silently emerging from the hillside half a mile away from fortress.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Eltlas watched Draug go away. He couldn’t be trusted. But he could deal with him later, if the elves didn’t. Even if he did spring a trap it would be a simple matter to kill him. 20 crossbowmen or easterlings anything that had more ranger then their swords. Or he could get golmuth to loan him a troll or 2.

He didn’t control the roads now but that didn’t mean he could fortify them, and booby trap them. He set up 500 orc crossbowmen, 200 easterlings, 3 trolls as well as 3 catapults. He dared the elves to attack. They didn’t. His engineers set up earthworks, to slow the elves advance, and pits with stakes at the bottom, cleverly covered up to impale them. He retreated the forces back after they were finished. Meanwhile in dol guldur he knew they could hold out until the reinforcements arrived. They had ample food, and with more fortification being constructed, and the existing ones added on too and repaired they should be fine.. 5000 orcs were coming from mordor and 1500 easterlings from harad. They could turn the tide of this battle.

He had to keep the orcs under control. He had submitted them to real drill, they balked but he had the uruks easterlings and trolls under his command + the more professional orcs. They had submitted and for the past weeks had been trained. They were starting to get a taste of discipline. He was also training the officers, not just to inspire fear but devotion.

Still just in case one of them had ideas of succeeding him, 2 easterlings followed him wherever he went, and Golmuth had loaned him a troll too. Since the elves had started attacking he had added 5 crossbow orcs to his bodyguard. He was no pushover himself, a blademaster and deadly with the easterling halberd too.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Atse_Kashte
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:56 am
"My Lord; if you kill Eltlas now, the Easterlings will be nothing without a leader and Amon Lanc will be yours." Draug turned to face the uruk. "You know we cannot do that. The time is not right, and our numbers are too few."

"But my Lord, the orcs are beginning to side with the Easterlings. If we do not strike soon, the whole hill will be under his power."

"Orcs are weak, as too are trolls. When they see their leader dead their courage will fail and they will turn to me. It is the Easterlings I am worried about. Easterlings are strong in will and powerful in battle, and I need to know how I can defeat them." Draug turned and continued walking.

"How do we defeat them? They are hard enough to beat now, and reinforcements are on the way..." Draug halted and held up his fist to order the others to do the same.

"I seek the presence of the Great Bear," he called out. There was no answer, but rustling could be heard in the bushes surrounding them. Just then a huge man, wrinkled with age, but with the proud features of an Easterling, stepped out of the foliage. The uruks reached for their weapons, but a glare from Draug stopped them.

"I am he," the Easterling said.
Gate Troll
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:41 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
The elves had begun to gain the upper hand when suddenly, an armored
troll descended from a parapet and into the midst of the fray. Arrows bounced off his thick plate armor as he waded in, bellowing his war cry...
Golmuth suddenly noticed an, elf, not judt any elf for this one seemed to
be directing the archers. Golmuth changed course, heading for the elf commander...
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
((the elves aren’t attacking right now they pulled back))

Tuilin was back at the elvish camp, sitting outside his tent silvarin was near, as well as haldir. The mood was elated, even though they had suffered casualties the noose was tightening around dol Guldur.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eltlas watched the orcs being drilled. Spearsmen were practicing making spearwalls and phalanxes, swordsmen were staging scrimmages, and archers were shooting at targets. He had to admit he was impressed by the orcs progress. The phalanxes under the guide of easterlings were improving. scores of his blacksmiths were tirelessly crafting spears and halberds. The orcs current ones were little more then pointed sticks. The weapons his smiths were crafting from weapons grade metal was much more then that. Even the orcs were impressed. The archers were hitting with more and more accuracy. There crossbows had been improved, and their shortbows strengthened as well. The swordsman needed the most improvement. Any elf could best them. He walked down and gave a few orders. "Give whoever is in charge of the phalanx a commendation, replace the person in charge of the swordsmen, see if that makes a difference". Still, he was pleased.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing