LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 am
Ring-bearer and the One Ring:

Frodo, Son of Drogo
The One Ring, The Great Ring

Adventure Deck:

0 Courtyard Parapet
1 Neekerbreekers’ Bog
3 Dammed Gate-stream
3 Valley of the Silverlode

Free Peoples (35):

1 Sam, Resolute Halfling (starting)
1 Smeagol, Pitiable Guide (starting)

1 Hobbit Sword
1 Sting, Elven Long Knife

4 A Promise
3 Come Away
1 Follow Smeagol
4 Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
1 Poor Wretch
1 Safe Passage
4 There’s Another Way

1 Clever Hobbits
4 Naked Waste
4 Nasty
4 Not Listening

Shadow (35):

1 Gollum, Stinker
1 Gollum, Threatening Guide
1 Shelob, Her Ladyship

1 Web

1 Fat One Wants It
1 Hidden Even From Her
2 Incited
4 Not Easily Avoided
2 Not This Time!
3 Promise Keeping
4 They Stole It
3 Treacherous Little Toad

4 Captured by the Ring
1 Unseen Foe
3 We Must Have It
3 You’re a Liar and a Thief

Strategy:

Smeagol, Pitiable Guide provides deck extension for They Stole It, and along with Incited ensures that nothing discarded is ever really gone for good. Not Easily Avoided pulls Gollum cards straight from the draw deck to help set up quickly.

The Free Peoples side is geared toward getting Smeagol to win his skirmishes so his retrieval ability can trigger. Everyone (including Smeagol himself) is capable of exerting to boost his strength, and then Son of Drogo and Resolute Halfling can work together to clear themselves of wounds. Discarding cards for Sam can become expensive, though, so most of the Free Peoples side is dedicated to pumps for Smeagol.

Not Listening serves double duty of healing Smeagol and removing burdens in case Frodo needs to use the Great Ring. Sam is the most vulnerable of the lot but a timely Naked Waste can save him in a pinch.

Follow Smeagol / There’s Another Way provides site manipulation, and Herb’s and Stewed Rabbit boosts Smeagol’s resistance in order to take full advantage of Neekerbreekers’ Bog.

Comments and suggestions are of course welcome!

Edit 9/2/07: Tweaked some cards, including dropping Prized Lagan in favor of more Naked Waste. Redid the strategy section.
Last edited by Elessar's Socks on Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Glamdring
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:34 pm
How about putting in Swear by the precious? That’d really hurt the opponent while at the same time letting Smeagol possibly win more skirmishes.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:11 pm
Ah, I completely overlooked that card. Not sure how many minions will arrive on my doorstep each turn, but it could be bad if the sole minion in play is discarded--skipping the skirmish phase and Smeagol goodness. I’ll keep that in mind if the choking aspect doesn’t work out, though. Thanks!
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:48 pm
Is controlling your sites very important? If not, I’d take out the Follow Smeagol and put another card in its place.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:43 pm
Follow Smeagol is a great card, especially when combined with There’s Another Way to replay the site of your choice over and over. Smile Could be nice with Neekerbreekers’ Bog.

...Which reminds me that I still haven’t made up my mind whether to go with Poor Wretch or Herbs and Stewed Rabbit (or both). Emergency damage bonus or steady resistance bonus?

Not too sure about running 4 copies of Come Away, either. What other site twilight reducers do Shire/Gollum cultures have? Bill the Pony? Confused Maybe I should work in Safe Passage as well.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded