LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:08 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I made the suggested uniqueness changes, and I also opted to drop sanctuaries from A Shadowy Figure. Seemed a good idea when I made it, but now I can’t really justify it because I don’t think it’s such a great idea myself now. Razz

Here’s another condition that those of you that dislike capturing can perhaps at least appreciate for its second ability. Rolling Eyes I figured Gollum needed a way to stay alive and uncaptured so all his new "when the fellowship moves" stuff could trigger, so this card covers all the bases. I think. Anxious Enjoy!

2 Very Wary and Cunning Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Gollum may not be captured.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to cancel a skirmish involving Gollum.
“‘I have tried to catch him once or twice at night; but he is slier than a fox, and as slippery as a fish.’”
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:15 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I made the suggested uniqueness changes, and I also opted to drop sanctuaries from A Shadowy Figure. Seemed a good idea when I made it, but now I can’t really justify it because I don’t think it’s such a great idea myself now. Razz

Here’s another condition that those of you that dislike capturing can perhaps at least appreciate for its second ability. Rolling Eyes I figured Gollum needed a way to stay alive and uncaptured so all his new "when the fellowship moves" stuff could trigger, so this card covers all the bases. I think. Anxious Enjoy!

2 Very Wary and Cunning Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Gollum may not be captured.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to cancel a skirmish involving Gollum.
“‘I have tried to catch him once or twice at night; but he is slier than a fox, and as slippery as a fish.’”

Cool! Both parts even if captured is a strange concept!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:40 am
Nobody else? I’d prefer one or two more reviews before posting new cards.... Think

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:16 pm
Looks good to me. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:24 pm
Good enough for me, then. Smile

Here’s a couple cards that focus on things OTHER than the fellowship moving. Enjoy!

2 Hungry and Angry Gollum
Event • Skirmish
Exert Gollum to make him strength +X, where X is the total strength bonus of possessions and artifacts borne by a companion skirmishing Gollum. Then, if that companion is Ring-bound, make Gollum strength +2.
“...once his ‘precious’ was with him he would not fear any weapon at all.”

1 Slimy and Wicked Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Choose one: exert Gollum twice to discard a Gollum card (except a companion); or exert Gollum 3 times to discard a Shire card (except a companion).
“But after ages alone in the dark Gollum’s heart was black, and treachery was in it.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:37 am; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Hungry and Angry Gollum
Event • Skirmish
Exert Gollum to make him strength +X, where X is the total strength bonus of possessions and artifacts borne by a companion skirmishing Gollum. Then, if that companion is Ring-bound, make Gollum strength +2.
cool!

Event • Maneuver
Choose one: exert Gollum twice to discard a Gollum card (except a companion); or exert Gollum 3 times and discard him to discard a Shire card (except a companion).
“But after ages alone in the dark Gollum’s heart was black, and treachery was in it.”

cut the and discard him...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:18 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Hungry and Angry Gollum
Event • Skirmish

Wow needs to cost 2 maybe.

Event • Maneuver
Choose one: exert Gollum twice to discard a Gollum card (except a companion); or exert Gollum 3 times to discard a Shire card (except a companion).

Interesting. Not sure what i think of that sorry.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:10 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Event • Skirmish

Interesting... but maybe too easy for an overwhelm on the R-B, yknow?

Quote:
Event • Maneuver

A little specific, but okay, I guess.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:29 am
elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish

Interesting... but maybe too easy for an overwhelm on the R-B, yknow?

Possible, but I don’t think you TOO often have to worry about Gollum overwhelming the RB. And if you do, I don’t think this card will make a huge difference in that; if the RB is tanked with enough stuff to make Gollum huge as well, you’re still only talking about a +2 advantage for Gollum when all is said and done. And this does NOT match conditions, so new cards like Stern Words and Strength In My Blood can counter it well enough, IMO.

That all being said, this may be it for Gollum in the set. I might crank out another card or two, but no ideas are flying into my face at the moment. Anything you all can think of that I should add? Any strategy I could stand to reinforce?

Thranduil
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:34 am
Looking through these cards, your Gollum adds threats. How about some cards that use them? Also, there are loads of cards about particular site types, so how about some site path control?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards