LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:59 am
--- description ---
The new definition of putting all your eggs in one basket. Even the Witch-king never got so peeved at the Ring-bearer.
--- end description ---

Ring-bearer and the One Ring:

1 Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
1 The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Free Peoples (30):

1 Durin III, Dwarven Lord (starting)
1 Gloin, Son of Groin (starting)
1 Smeagol, Poor Creature (starting)
1 Isildur, Heir of Elendil

1 Ring of Fury
2 Ring of Guile

1 Armor of Khazad
2 Dwarven Axe
2 Dwarven Bracers
1 Gimli’s Battle Axe
1 Gimli’s Helm
2 Hand Axe

1 Proud and Able
1 Stalwart Support

4 Battle to the Last
4 Mithril Shaft
4 No Pauses, No Spills

Shadow (30):

4 Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One
4 Ulaire Otsea, Lieutenant of Morgul

4 Ring of Rancor
4 Shadowy Mount

4 Bent on Discovery
2 The Ring Draws Them

4 Between Nazgul and Prey
4 Relentless Charge

Strategy:

Looks foolhardy and insane, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to try.

Obviously the star of the show is Enquea, who as a skirmish action heals to add burdens. Almost everything in the Shadow either boosts his vitality or exerts him. Hopefully it won’t be difficult to add at least 3 burdens a turn, frequently more.

Bent on Discovery draws cards (it’s non-unique, too), The Ring Draws Them adds twilight, Between Nazgul and Prey forces assignments, and Relentless Charge can devastate archery decks. Ring of Rancor and Shadowy Mount increase vitality. The Ring is especially important in returning Enquea to your hand, allowing you to play him 8 times in the best case scenario (which is probably overkill unless heavy burden removal is on the menu). Otsea’s there to help keep the conditions afloat, as well as to make Enquea fierce for potentially more burdens.

The deck cycles like mad to draw Enquea and Ring of Rancor. NPNS draws cards, Gloin cycles 3 if he wins a skirmish, Smeagol dumps whatever’s unneeded, and Heir of Elendil draws an extra card when you reconcile. Mithril Shaft can burn through 5 cards from your deck, and Ring of Guile can combo with that to burn through another 5, all in the same phase. Then Bent on Discovery can draw some more before it’s showtime. Chances are, you’ll find what you’re looking for.

Thoughts?
NBarden
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:44 am
Out of Sight and Shot. Very Happy Interesting idea, consider some Keening Wail. If you run it comboed with Otsea, Black Marshal is nice as well. Thumbs Up

Cool deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:37 am
I was debating whether to run Black Specter instead to discard angst-inducing conditions like Home and Hearth. Slipping in Out of Sight and Shot and Black Marshal would be right in line with that.

Thanks for all the reviews, NBarden! GP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded