LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
darkconstantine
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:55 am
can i already sacrifice augur of skulls when it comes to play?
and use regenerate many tiimes over during my turn as long i have mana for it?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:03 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ok, let me answer your question the best way possible. The ability to sacrifice him is an activated ability, thus you could play it whenever you can activate it (meaning, pay its cost). However, the card states that it can only be played during your upkeep. Now, the phases of the turn are, in a simplified way, as follow:

- Untap
- Upkeep
- Draw
- Main phase
- Combat phase
- Main phase
- End of turn

So, you could only have played the Augur during one of your main phases, since he`s a creature (unless you had Teferi down or something), meaning that only during your NEXT turn you`ll be controlling the Augur during your upkeep. Now, if you HAD Teferi down, you could play the Augur during your opponent`s end of turn, and then sac it right during your following upkeep.

As for regeneration, regenerating is an activated ability as well, that creates a regeneration shield on the creature. You can create as many shields as you want, and each time the creature receives lethal damage, it regenerates. However, unused shields are lost after the turn ends, and have to be created again. So, to answer your question, yes, as long as you have mana, you can regenerate him over and over again, unless, of course, the source of damage doesn`t allow it, like Incinerate. Also, keep in mind that regeneration works against "destroy" effects (unless it says "can`t be regenerated", of course) and lethal damage, it`s impossible to regenerate a sacrificed creature.

Hope I could help.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions