LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Dravius
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:47 am
Ring-bearer:
Isildur, bearer of heirlooms
the one ring, the ring of rings

Companions:
Denethor, Steward of the city (start)
Gandalf, Leader of Men (start)
Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath
Aragorn, Captain of Gondor
Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath
Elendil, High-king of Gondor
Radagast, The brown

ally:
tom bombadil, the master

possessions artifacts:
Anduril, Flame of the west
Narsil, blade of the faithful
scroll of isildur
Sappling of the withe tree x4
gondorian steed x4
denethor’s sword

Conditions:
g for Grand x4
king’s legacy

Event:
Nimble Attack x2

Follower:
Pallando, far travelling one
Elendil’s army
Gondorian Servant

The shadow side is moving this way with a nazgul swarm, so it sets this deck up real fast. All your knights are stenght +6 with the G4G, a mount and isildur, Aragorn gets another +2 and damage +1 with anduril, Elendil get’s a +6 with narsil, so both of them can trigger King’s legacy. When facing a Swarm, switch narsil to your Rb instead. The sapplings prevent’s the wound, boromir heals them, Pallando takes care of conditions (you have plenty of vitality on elendil and both wizards can take it also), nimble attacks takes care of possessions.

Your knights are cheaper with Denethor, and when you get his sword, you don’t have to worry about its drawback in case your facing the wrong shadow. Tom bombadil is a splash to remove threats or burdens, and trust me, this deck can deal with the 5 cost of this guy. You can also remove 3 burdens with the sitepath (imladris removes 2, and another site removes one when you move in regroup, so make a good use of anduril, flame of the west.

Since it’s a 30 size deck, juste make sure you run like hell, all your guys are at least 15 strenght damage +1 or +2, so most shadow side will get punished (elendil can be 23 without any events, so only the dark lord himself can stand a chance against him). Don’t be afraid to tripple move if no minions survives, that way, you can just keep playing some nazgul, not to kill but to stop you opponent (although I already had 10 nazgul out when someone tried to follow me in my frantic run).

I recently add Shapes Slowly advancing to the deck, it rocked because when the Freep takes companions back in hand, the have more difficulties against my FP side. Talking about sinergy...
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
Pegasus
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:22 pm
Is a good deck. However, you will have problems with corruption decks in the fellowship side. Because you need a better alternative than Tom for the burdens. You have gandalf, so you can use him with Glamdring Foe Hammer, and Whatch and wait. Think about that: if there are 2 or 3 burdens, the G4G will not have effect in your companions. Another thing is that your deck will have problems with cards that works with more than 5 companions in case you play all the companions. And of course, you will have problems with decks like wounding orks, archery decks, Ninja Gollum decks and Resestance Uruks.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:10 am
Spirit of the White Tree could slow down Ninja Gollum or other skirmish-based unpleasantries. Agreed with Pegasus’ suggestions for burden removal. Hearts Raised could work for threats. I’d understand if you want to keep the count down, though.

I think running a high number of companions is worth the risk in this deck, with so many having high vitality and two Wizards to back up G for Grand. Nice supply of meat shields while you’re triple-moving. I’d keep.

Nice deck!
Dravius
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:06 am
Actualy, ninja gollum isn’t good against this deck. I’ve played against 2 or 3 times and I always won. The trick is to double moveright away when playing against him, and never stop, so he hasn’t got any time to set up, so when he was ready to attack, he never got time to finish me off. Sure I’ve often lost up to 6 companions, but I always made it to site 9 (exept in a crazy multiplayer deck).

As for archery, it’s the same, evil men archery are the only viable option in standard, and they lose 100% of their skirmish against this deck, meaning I discard all their rapid reload, and since I double move after I’ve killed all of their minions, they useualy don’t have a good enough second good hand to do anything realy good. With all the vitality, healing and wound prevention I got, I don’t add a single burden until site 7 or 8.

Wounding orcs might realy be a problem though if I don’t get nimble attack in the right time. In that case I guess my best chance would be to play my shadow in order to clog his hand... as for corruption, watch and wait can work better than tom, I’m not used to play against it though, as my current meta (composed of 4 of my friends and me) just NEVER runs corruption, it is not reliable any more in standard. Anyway, I’ll just have to put the follower on Isildur and run like a madman if need be (I’ll have 15 resist, minus 2 for tom and 2 for imladris, making it 19 to corrupt me...)
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard