LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
darkconstantine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:21 pm
ive got a question: ive got this riftwatcher soldier and it’s got a "vanishing" ability. so how can i use its ability? it says i can remove 3 time counters on it...wats that supposed to mean?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:13 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Vanishing is a "drawback" for making it possible to come up with powerful cards, since they won`t last as long, like Aven Riftwatcher, Calciderm, Keldon Marauders, etc.
Vanishing is a triggered ability, that`ll trigger during your upkeep. Vanishing creatures come into play with the appropriate number of time counters on them, and are treated normally as any creature would. During your upkeep (check my answer to your Augur question for more on main phase VS. upkeep), the ability triggers, and you have to remove a time counter from it. It doesn`t have any other effect, unless specified on the card. Then, when you remove the last time counter from it, you have to sacrifice it. So, for instance, Keldon Marauders will come into play with 2 time counters on it. Then, during your next turn, you remove one, and you can attack for 3 normally. Then, on your NEXT turn, you remove the other one, and it`s sacrificed. Of course, you can play all sorts of shennanigans, like sacrificing it to Greater Gargadon (while suspended) before it dies, or to pump a Nantuko Husk, or to Scorched Rusalka`s ability. Or you could play Clockspinning and add another time counter, making last for another turn.
Hope I could help. Any questions about a specific card, ability or combo, pst here. If the question refers specifically to the deck in question, THEN it`s ok to post it in the deck`s thread.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions