LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
darkconstantine
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:00 pm
thanks so much! im enlightened now. i guess what i didnt know before didnt count as ’cheating.’

I’d like to know also whether my riftwatcher would give me 2 life when i put it into play and when it leaves play, giving me 4 life points in total.

can i enchant a particular creature as many times as possible? buff or debuff as many times i want to a particlar target creature?
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:37 am
darkconstantine wrote:
thanks so much! im enlightened now. i guess what i didnt know before didnt count as ’cheating.’

I’ve gone by that way of thinking for a long time now. Wink

Quote:
I’d like to know also whether my riftwatcher would give me 2 life when i put it into play and when it leaves play, giving me 4 life points in total.

Aven Riftwatcher? Yeah. Two when it comes it, then when it dies to vanishing, gets returned to hand, or just plain killed in battle, you get another 2 life.

I love returning those guys to hand. Life, life, and more life!

Quote:
can i enchant a particular creature as many times as possible?

Yup, so long as you have enough enchantments that can be put on creautres, you can put as many as you like on one creature, as far as I’m aware.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:31 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Aven Riftwatcher does not grant 4 points total. He grants 2 whenever he comes into play, and 2 whenever he leaves play. So, the same riftwatcher, can give, say, 2 for being played, then 2 for being returned to hand with Whitemane Lion. Then 2 more for being played again, then 4 more if you play Momentary Blink on him as he`s about to die (he1ll leave play, giving you 2 life, come back giving you 2 more, AND will have 3 new time counters), then 4 more when you flashback the Blink, then 2 more when he FINALLY dies for good. So, as bibfortuna25 always says, cards do exactly what they say, nothing more, nothing less.

As a footnot, as well, careful, YOU have the obligation to know how exactly your cards work, so a mistake like that (trying to regenerate a sacrificed Augur) in a championship COULD earn you a disqualification without prizes for cheating. Most of the time, you`ll try to do it, your opponent won`t allow you, and you`ll be explained why by a judge, but if you opponent ALSO didn`t know, and he let you do it, so you discarded some of his cards during the match, and then a judge catches it, it I cheating.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions