LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
darkconstantine
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:37 pm
this is in response to felipe’s answer to an earlier question (regarding bloodrock cyclops). when u made an example of loxodon mystic abilities, i get to understand that i’m able to use a creature’s ability not only during my turn but also my opponent’s turn. am i right about this?
NBarden
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:13 pm
Abilities take place at instant speed, and thus can be activated at any time provided that you fulfill the requirements and there isn’t a clause like "play this ability only when you may play a sorcery," or something like that.

Better double-check with F_M. But I think that’s right.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
darkconstantine
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:17 pm
tnx.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:33 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
That’s correct, with only one exception: creatures may not attack or tap to use abilities until they’ve STARTED a turn under your control (that’s why playing a creature with flash at your opponent’s eot makes it ready to strike during the very next upcoming turn, yours), so if you play a Loxodon Mystic now, during one of your main phases, you can only activate its ability from the next turn and on. It can block normally, but it can’t attack, also, until the very same turn, which is, the next one. Creatures with haste may attack AND tap to use abilities the turn you play them, so if you play Kamahl, Pit Fighter, you can either attack for 6 right away, or you can ping a creature for 3 damage with his ability.
I don't like YOU.
darkconstantine
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:47 am
when u say "play loxodon mystic now" it meant when i use loxodon mystic to attack now, i wouldn’t be able to use its ability during my opponents turn since it’s in the attack position.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:34 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
No. Of course, that also fits, but what I meant was that the turn you play it, it can’t attack AND it ALSO can’t use its ability, not even during your opponent’s turn, because it’s still sufferinf from summoning sickness.
I don't like YOU.
darkconstantine
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:05 am
roger that.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions