LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:36 am
NBarden wrote:
Interesting...I like it. Beorn/Grimbeorn choke deck, anyone?

Why else do you think all the Beorn cards say ’If you cannot spot 4 companions’? Twisted Evil

The last three Beorn cards then, before I move onto some Eagles:

2 Lone Warrior Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
If Beorn is terror X, make him defender +X until the regroup phase. Then you may exert him to make each minion skirmishing him strength -X until the regroup phase.
Swiftly he returned and his wrath was redoubled, so that nothing could withstand him, and no weapon seemed to bit upon him.
H2 R 75

1 Terrible Anger Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Make Beorn defender +1 (and damage +1 if you cannot spot 4 companions) until the regroup phase.
He scattered the bodyguard and pulled down Bolg himself and crushed him.
H2 C 82

0 Snuffling and Growling Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Exert Beorn to wound each minion.
Bilbo wondered what it was and whether it could be Beorn in enchanted shape, and if he would come in as a bear and kill them.
H2 C 79

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 pm
Thranduil wrote:
NBarden wrote:
Interesting...I like it. Beorn/Grimbeorn choke deck, anyone?

Why else do you think all the Beorn cards say ’If you cannot spot 4 companions’? Twisted Evil

The last three Beorn cards then, before I move onto some Eagles:

1 Lone Warrior Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
If Beorn is terror X, make him defender +X until the regroup phase. Then you may exert him to make each minion skirmishing him strength -X until the regroup phase.
Swiftly he returned and his wrath was redoubled, so that nothing could withstand him, and no weapon seemed to bit upon him.
H2 R 75

w00t!

1 Terrible Anger Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Make Beorn defender +1 (and damage +1 if you cannot spot 4 companions) until the regroup phase for each minion you can spot.
H2 C 82

PWNT! I’d exert him.

Event • Regroup
Bilbo wondered what it was and whether it could be Beorn in enchanted shape, and if he would come in as a bear and kill them.
H2 C 79

Nice.

Thranduil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:48 pm
Thranduil wrote:

1 Lone Warrior Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
H2 R 75

Gees, how good is that. Cost should be 2.

1 Terrible Anger Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Make Beorn defender +1 (and damage +1 if you cannot spot 4 companions) until the regroup phase for each minion you can spot.
H2 C 82

Wow the power of all your beorn cards are insane Thran. Without the for each minion its fine.

Event • Regroup
H2 C 79

Fair enough. id make it cost 1.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Lone Warrior Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
H2 R 75
a tad too good IMHO. make it cost more

1 Terrible Anger Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
H2 C 82
WAY TOO GOOD. he automatically can fight all minions. frodo only gets one then.make it limit +2

Event • Regroup
H2 C 79

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:26 am
Okay, seriously toned the cards down, but they’re so powerful because it’s hard to make a 2/3 companion fellowship viable.

I think that’s it for Beorn until the next set, so now we’re onto some flying things. First things first, I should explain myself a little, as this concept that I’m introducing is rather weird and rule-bending.

I never liked site control, mainly because you can’t protect yourself from it, because the only way to would be to pack some cards to liberate sites, a mechanic that does nothing unless you happen to be playing against a deck that controls them. Compared to threats which you can always remove by killing someone, and initiative by drawing cards, this always annoyed me, but I wanted something similar for this set.

I also wanted to make the adventure deck more interactive and more a part of the game than it had ever been previously.

You may also remember one of the sites from my first set, the Lone-Lands, that you wondered about at the time, with the game text ’This site cannot be stacked or replaced.’ Now you will see the truth of those words:

2 Farsighted Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Str: 5
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Winged (This companion can only take 1 wound per phase).
When you play this companion, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on a Gandalf card.
Maneuver: Discard the current site and replace it with a site stacked on this companion.
... he could see the glint of the moon on goblin spears and helmets...
H2 U 63

2 Circling Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
When you play this companion, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on a Gandalf card.
Maneuver: Discard a site stacked on this companion to take a Gandalf event into hand from your discard pile.
... they began to go down circling round in great spirals.
H2 U 65

3 Great Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
When you play this companion, you may stack a random site from an opponent’s adventure deck on a Gandalf card.
This companion is strength +2 for each site stacked on it.
The goblins hated the eagles, and feared them...
H2 C 59

2 Eagle’s Eyrie Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on a Gandalf card.
Skirmish: Discard a site stacked on a Gandalf companion to make them strength +3 (and damage +1 if they are an Eagle).
You ought not to be rude to an Eagle, when you... are up in his eyrie at night.
H2 U 62

WORTH NOTING: When it says ’discard’, it means ’return it to the appropriate adventure deck’.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
2nd one is much better, the first is still slight OP
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Eagle
Maneuver: Discard the current site and replace it with a site stacked on this companion.
H2 U 63
sites stacked on companions...interesting

2 Great Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Maneuver: Discard a site stacked on this companion to take into hand a Gandalf event from your discard pile.
H2 U 65
to take a gandalf event into hand from your discard pile...word it like I just said

2 Circling Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
When you play this companion, you may stack a random site from an opponent’s adventure deck on a Gandalf card.
H2 C 59
interesting, I assume you would give it back to them eventually. maybe they get to choose the site

2 Eagle’s Eyrie Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on a Gandalf card.
Skirmish: Discard a site stacked on a Gandalf companion to make them strength +3 (and damage +1 if they are an Eagle).
H2 U 62

works for me
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:32 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Okay, seriously toned the cards down, but they’re so powerful because it’s hard to make a 2/3 companion fellowship viable.

I think that’s it for Beorn until the next set, so now we’re onto some flying things. First things first, I should explain myself a little, as this concept that I’m introducing is rather weird and rule-bending.

I never liked site control, mainly because you can’t protect yourself from it, because the only way to would be to pack some cards to liberate sites, a mechanic that does nothing unless you happen to be playing against a deck that controls them. Compared to threats which you can always remove by killing someone, and initiative by drawing cards, this always annoyed me, but I wanted something similar for this set.

I also wanted to make the adventure deck more interactive and more a part of the game than it had ever been previously.

You may also remember one of the sites from my first set, the Lone-Lands, that you wondered about at the time, with the game text ’This site cannot be stacked or replaced.’ Now you will see the truth of those words:

Companion • Eagle
H2 U 63

And what happens if that site is then controlled? Hm...

I like it.

2 Great Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Maneuver: Discard a site stacked on this companion to take into hand a Gandalf event from your discard pile.
H2 U 65

What happens when you go to play a site and the only sites left are stacked on your eagle? Hm....

I like it.

2 Circling Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
H2 C 59

A little powerful, IMO. A base 7 strength guy for 2 with the potential to becom a lot nastier? And Winged? Make it 3 at least.

2 Eagle’s Eyrie Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
H2 U 62

Nice.

WORTH NOTING: When it says ’discard’, it means ’return it to the appropriate adventure deck’.

Thranduil
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:06 pm
NBarden wrote:
And what happens if that site is then controlled? Hm...

Not sure about controlled sites, but presumably only sites on the site path can be controlled, so stacked sites can’t.

NBarden wrote:
What happens when you go to play a site and the only sites left are stacked on your eagle? Hm....

This is an important clarification that I missed out before to keep the explanations to a minimum. So here it is now:

Adventure Deck Clarification
If a player cannot play the fellowship’s next site, their first opponent chooses a stacked site (belonging to any player) and places it next on the adventure path.

So there are a couple of non-obvious implications of this. 1) Stacking too many sites allows your opponent to control the site path. 2) Equally, if you can stack your opponent’s sites, then you can control the site path.

Also, I’ve changed the titles and costs to better fit the cards and according to NB’s suggestion.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

NBarden
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:12 pm
I love this idea now. Genius.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:52 am
I love it too. GP
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards