LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:32 pm
I’m glad!

To finish off this strategy for the Eagles (but not for this set):

0 World Far Away Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Choose one: spot an Eagle to stack a site from your adventure deck on a Gandalf card; or transfer a site stacked on a Gandalf card to another Gandalf card.
They circled up in the sky and looked down upon the ring of the Wargs, a tiny spot far far below.
H2 C 87

0 Circling High Gandalf
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
Discard a site stacked on a Gandalf card to, until the end of the turn, make the current site gain the game text of the discarded site.
... the birds were already high up...
H2 U 60

0 Down the Wind Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Discard a site stacked on a Gandalf companion to wound an unwinged minion they are skirmishing.
Just at that moment, the Lord of the Eagles swept down from above...
H2 U 61

3 Swooping Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Winged.
While you can spot 2 sites stacked on Gandalf cards, this companion’s twilight cost is -2.
When you play this companion in the regroup phase, you may remove 2.
... their talons tore at goblin faces...
H2 C 81

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
I’m glad!

To finish off this strategy for the Eagles (but not for this set):

0 World Far Away Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Choose one: spot an Eagle to stack a site from your adventure deck on a Gandalf card; or transfer a site stacked on a Gandalf card to another Gandalf card.
They circled up in the sky and looked down upon the ring of the Wargs, a tiny spot far far below.
H2 C 87
I like the possibilities this one has

0 Circling High Gandalf
Discard a site stacked on a Gandalf card to, until the end of the turn, make the current site gain the game text of the discarded site.
H2 U 60
should be discard a site stacked on a gandalf card to make the current site gain the game text of the discarded site until the end of the turn.

0 Down the Wind Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Discard a site stacked on a Gandalf companion to wound an unwinged minion they are skirmishing.
H2 U 61
cool! except maybe a tad OP with Gandalf RB

3 Swooping Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Winged.
While you can spot 2 sites stacked on Gandalf cards, this companion’s twilight cost is -3.
When you play this companion in the regroup phase, you may remove 3.
H2 C 81
l

make it -2. playing for free is a tad much.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:39 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 World Far Away Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
H2 C 87

Interesting. Like SoP said, has some interesting possibilities with your other cards.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Circling High Gandalf
H2 U 60

Yeah, SoP’s wording is probably better.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Down the Wind Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
H2 U 61

Nifty.

Thranduil wrote:
3 Swooping Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Winged.
While you can spot 2 sites stacked on Gandalf cards, this companion’s twilight cost is -3.
When you play this companion in the regroup phase, you may remove 3.
H2 C 81

I’d again go with SoP’s suggestion, and perhaps remove only 2 for the regroup bit.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
we DC reviewers appear to be echoing others comments more and more these days...
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:24 am
I defend my choice of wording for Circling High. SoP’s way, the snapshot rule makes it only apply to the current site at the time of playing it. My way, every site the fellowship is at until the end of the turn gains the game text.

Other cards changed as suggested, and that’s it for the Gandalf culture! Thanks all!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:34 pm
good job!
GP
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:56 pm
I’m glad you liked the site stacking.

Come here for more screwing with the site path with our favourite Dragon!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards