LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:21 pm
--- description ---
The free peoples are weak...very weak.
--- end description ---

The deck is an inspiration from Dravius’ deck. The point of this deck, however, is making the FP very low strength for an easy overwhelm.

Conditions:

Chaotic Clash x 4
Goblin Hordes x 3

Events:

Gruesome Meal x 4

Minions:

Frenzied Orc x 4
Isengard Underling x 4
Watchful Orc x 3
Scurrying Goblin x 4
Champion Orc x 3
Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman x 3
Mauhur, Relentless Hunter x 3

The point is to get all your Chaotic Clash out for -4 strength companions. Then, easy overwhelm EASILY with Frenzied Orc and Gruesome Meal. Most companions are strength 6 or so, so Scurrying Goblin is overwhelming at this point. With tougher companions, let your Frenzied Orc make them -6 strength plus some gruesome meals, or just plain old high strength Champion Orc (who also has a nifty toil ability that can reduce twilight cost a lot).

Nertea and Mauhur prey on the weakest companions. Pippin WoBaS, Merry, ST, and any other weak minions get easily overhwhelmed with Mauhur and Nertea. Who know, Nertea may even get throw on the RB for an easy RB kill?

Considered Bill Ferny, Agent of Saruman, but he’s to unreliable and weak to begin with. Mauhur and Nertea are the best.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Dravius
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:57 am
I would still find some place for some coordinated effort, either the Freepoeple will add tons of twilight, or he won’t play his weapons (which basicaly means less strenght). Real nice deck though.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
NBarden
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:34 am
Yeah, but who says that the FP will play possessions, or that you’ll nab it soon enough to stop them if they do? Refuge and Ents come to mind as decks in which that card will be pretty near worthless. Yeah, some Refuge runs possessions, but its not critical. So it will only work against certain decks, which means cut it for a more important card.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:42 am
You cant not play cards cos the opponent might not play what you need. Thats the chance you take. I reckon a good many decks would be scuppered by coordinated effort that those not affected. Dravius is right either its going to add pool or they’ll chicken out and not play the possession. So it doesnt work against ents? Burden adding wont work against RB hobbits. Does that mean you never use a burden adding deck? Would you never put shotgun enquea in a deck, in case they use 5 companions. Course not! You cover yourself cos u never know what the opponent will play.

Coordinated effort is sweet and id put one or 2 in.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:54 am
Point taken, but I’d have to cut a more important card to fit that card that would cover my bases. It would work well, but you have to use cards you actually need, or else pair it with dwarves. Wink
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:06 am
Also true but your guys are going to cost a lot with chaotic clash so might be worth putting 1 or 2 in somehow.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard