LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:06 am
Time for lem0nhead to make a DC set! And as the name suggests its based on the Siege of Gondor, but mainly on the battle of the Pellenor. It is a 180 card set. 60R 60U 60C. Though this is open to change.

I have an extended X-list to add to the set:

X List
Frenzy of Arrows
Orkish lackey

You will see a focus on the orcs, Nazgul and evil men in this set with a small splash of Isengard and Gollum.

Free peoples will be predominately Gondor, Rohan and Gandalf with a splash of Elf, Dwarf and some Hobbit.

The set will not use hunter, muster, or toil as there are new keywords. It will not use threats or initiative as I am introducing 2 new mechanics.

Mechanics

Balance - The fellowship is balanced if it has less than 6 companions. It becomes unbalanced if it has 6 or more companions. Shadows and fellowship will take advantage of both.

Ardor - If no companions have died this turn the free peoples player has Ardor. If a companion dies, for the rest of the turn the shadow has Ardor.

Loaded Keywords

Guardian X - While you can spot more minions than companions bearer gains defender + X.
(Inspired by the brave defense of the free peoples in the face of defeat.)

Assaulter X - Each time a shadow skirmish event is played during a skirmish involving a minion of the same culture it is strength + X.

Resourceful - The twilight cost of each card played on bearer is -1.

Unloaded Keywords

Invader - Orc and Men minions will take advantage of this like Besieger or Beserker.

The without further ado, in classic style the first spoiler will be a version of The One Ring.

The One Ring, The Master Ring Ring
Strength: +1
Resistance: +1
Maneuever: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring each time bearer is about to take a wound add a burden instead.
"...he forged in secret a master ring..."

Be gentle its my first DC set Very Happy

Happy reviewing!
Last edited by lem0nhead on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:47 am; edited 3 times in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:49 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lem0nhead wrote:

Mechanics

Balance - The fellowship is balanced if it has less than 6 companions. It becomes unbalanced if it has 6 or more companions. Shadows and fellowship will take advantage of both.
it is called the rule of 5, it is totally unnecessary

Ardor - If no companions have died this turn the free peoples player has Ardor. If a companion dies, for the rest of the turn the shadow has Ardor.
sounds cool

Loaded Keywords

Guardian X - While you can spot more minions than companions bearer gains defender + X.
aweshome

Assaulter X - Each time a shadow skirmish event is played during a skirmish involving this minion it is strength + X.
each time an engine is played would be cooler...

noice

Maneuever : Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring each time bearer is about to take a wound add a burden instead.

misspelled maneuver. make it vitality +1 too IMHO

39 l ashes with a wet noodle! (normally it is a towel)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:31 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
Maneuever : Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase.

I agree with SoP: you could probably add a vitality +1.

lem0nhead wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
misspelled maneuver. make it vitality +1 too IMHO

39 l ashes with a wet noodle! (normally it is a towel)

I still have welts from that....
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:55 pm
lem0nhead wrote:

Mechanics

I actually think it’s nice. It’s a sorta common deal, but it’s probably about time we had a nice, general term for it.

Quote:

Interesting. I’ll have to see some cards with this to decide what I think.

Quote:

Interesting. Can’t see it being printed a ton, but still cool.

Quote:
Assaulter X - Each time a shadow skirmish event is played during a skirmish involving this minion it is strength + X.

Interesting... Sorta like an elf brother for the shadow side. But shadows don’t usually focus on events... can’t wait to see what happens with this.

Quote:

This one is powerful. But nice, I suppose.

Quote:
Invader - Orc and Men minions will take advantage of this like Besieger or Beserker.

Well, I’ll wait and see on this one. Sounds okay, though.

Quote:
Maneuever: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase.

Why have I never used that subtitle/lore? d'oh! I’m going to have to steal your idea on that. Razz

The card itself is a little "meh" but at least it’s unique. If that made sense. It’d be cool if it added some sort of keyword while worn, or did something with Balance or Ardor.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
macheteman
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:22 pm
yeah, i agree with EL. the one ring would be cool if you used some of your keywords/machanics.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:39 am
Ok first off; SoP, im not stupid i am aware of the rule of 5 and im not giving a name to something that already exists, the rule of 5 is not official. Im not persecuting 6 companions, im persecuting more than 6 as a generic, and also punishing less than 6 in equal measure to keep things interesting.

Ok people i had an interesting idea from LeoKula regarding this ring which ties in with your thoughts on using my new keywords. Instead of adding vitality how about:

Maneuver: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase and spot another companion. That companion gains Guardian 1 until the regroup phase.

Better?

P.s. EL dont knick my ring name! I was dead chuffed to realise everyone else had overlooked it ! Mr. Green

P.p.s. Made a change to Assaulter so its culturally enforced.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lem0nhead wrote:

Maneuver: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase and spot another companion. That companion gains Guardian 1 until the regroup phase.

Much better GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Lost Heir
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:18 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Assaulter X - Each time a shadow skirmish event is played during a skirmish involving a minion of the same culture it is strength + X.

Wouldn’t that mean that any minion can profit from this, even if they themselves don’t have Assaulter? Or would this keyword be placed on conditions and such?
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:24 am
No LH sorry if im not clear. Im saying the event you play in the assaulter minions skirmish has to be of the same culture. Like u couldnt play violent hurl in a orcs skirmish with assaulter and make him strength + X.

Is that ok?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Lost Heir
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:34 am
So the bonus only applies to the minion that has Assaulter?
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards