LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:31 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Hardy Is the Race of Elendil! Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, spot 3 Gondor rangers (or Aragorn and another hunter companion) to heal a companion (or heal 2 Rohan companions).
“‘Strider is too poor a name, son of Arathorn. Wingfoot I name you. This deed of the three friends should be sung in many a hall.’”

I would drop the cost to 1 and make it unique. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Worthy Men Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a unique Gondor Man wins a skirmish, you may make a Rohan companion gain hunter 2 until the end of that companion’s skirmish.
Each time a unique Rohan Man wins a skirmish, you may make a Gondor companion gain hunter 2 until the end of that companion’s skirmish.
“‘More like to the swift sons of Eorl than to the grave Men of Gondor he seemed to me, and likely to prove a great captain of his people when his time came.’”

Again, I’d drop the cost and make it unique. Smile
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:38 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, spot 3 Gondor rangers (or Aragorn and another hunter companion) to heal a companion (or heal 2 Rohan companions).
“‘Strider is too poor a name, son of Arathorn. Wingfoot I name you. This deed of the three friends should be sung in many a hall.’”

I don’t understand the connection between the title and the healing Rohan companions, and I think this card would be more balanced without the brackets.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Help in Doubt and Need Gondor (reprint)
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert an unbound Gondor companion to make a Rohan companion strength +2, or exert a Rohan companion to make an unbound Gondor companion strength +2.
“‘The Heir of Elendil would be a strength indeed to the Sons of Eorl in this evil tide.’”

BROKEN! Razz

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Worthy Men Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a unique Gondor Man wins a skirmish, you may make a Rohan companion gain hunter 2 until the end of that companion’s skirmish.
Each time a unique Rohan Man wins a skirmish, you may make a Gondor companion gain hunter 2 until the end of that companion’s skirmish.
“‘More like to the swift sons of Eorl than to the grave Men of Gondor he seemed to me, and likely to prove a great captain of his people when his time came.’”

Just say ’until the regroup phase’ and be done with it! And make the one of the two abilities strength +2 instead for some variation. Nice card though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition • Support Area
needs to be unique...

2Worthy Men Gondor
Condition • Support Area

I guess
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:42 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition • Support Area

Always have to be careful with conditions that say each time as they can be abused if not unique as this could. More than 1 of these and its run run run to site 9! Seems fine if it has a •

2Worthy Men Gondor
Condition • Support Area

Yeah just say to the regroup phase for aesthetics. Hunter 2 might be a bit good if you ask me, maybe strenght +1 or hunter 1.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:32 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow, I believe that’s my longest non-vacation break EVER in DC posting. Sorry, guys. Embarassed I just got myself busy with so many other things...didn’t realize it had been so long!

Well, time to get back to my bread and butter. Smile

I made a couple tweaks to the last batch of cards...thanks for the reviews. Thumbs Up Now it’s finally time for some new ones as we wind down the Gondor culture. Enjoy!

2 Not Weaponless Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Gondor companion (or spot him, if that companion is Aragorn) to play a Gondor hand weapon from your draw deck on that companion. If that weapon is an artifact, you may exert a minion skirmishing that companion.
“‘I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil’s son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again!’”

1Stout Swordsmen Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Gondor artifact or Gondor possession, you may add a Gondor token here.
Skirmish: Remove 3 Gondor tokens from here to discard a Shadow possession, machine, or engine.
“Dismayed the rammers let fall the trees and turned to fight; but the wall of their shields was broken as by a lightning-stroke, and they were swept away, hewn down, or cast over the Rock into the stony stream below.”

3 Depart Swiftly Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1.
Spot a Gondor hunter and choose one: make a minion strength -1 for each hunter you can spot or reinforce a Gondor token for each hunter you can spot.
“So great a power and royalty was revealed in Aragorn...that many of the wild men paused, and looked back over their shoulders to the valley, and some looked up doubtfully at the sky.”

2Draw Swords Together Gondor
Condition • Support Area
When you play this, add a Gondor token here for each hunter you can spot.
Regroup: Discard this condition or remove a token from here and spot a Gondor hunter to wound a minion.
“‘Return with what speed you may, and let our swords hereafter shine together!’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:31 am; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:02 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Not Weaponless Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Gondor companion (or spot Aragorn) to play a Gondor hand weapon from your draw deck on that companion. If that weapon is an artifact, you may exert a minion skirmishing that companion.
“‘I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil’s son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again!’”

Sweet! Applause

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Stout Swordsmen Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Gondor artifact or Gondor possession, you may add a Gondor token here.
Skirmish: Remove 2 Gondor tokens from here to discard a Shadow possession, machine, or engine.
“Dismayed the rammers let fall the trees and turned to fight; but the wall of their shields was broken as by a lightning-stroke, and they were swept away, hewn down, or cast over the Rock into the stony stream below.”

Good. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Depart Swiftly Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Gondor hunter and choose one: make a minion strength -1 for each hunter you can spot or reinforce a Gondor token for each hunter you can spot.
“So great a power and royalty was revealed in Aragorn...that many of the wild men paused, and looked back over their shoulders to the valley, and some looked up doubtfully at the sky.”

I would raise the cost to 3 and give it toil 1. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Draw Swords Together Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Discard this condition or remove a token from here and spot a Gondor hunter to wound a minion.
“‘Return with what speed you may, and let our swords hereafter shine together!’”

"Regroup:" needs to be "Regroup:." And it’s pretty darn powerful, too; I’d make it unique. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Not Weaponless Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Gondor companion (or spot Aragorn) to play a Gondor hand weapon from your draw deck on that companion. If that weapon is an artifact, you may exert a minion skirmishing that companion.
I wuv it! could possibly cut cost to 1

2Stout Swordsmen Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove 2 Gondor tokens from here to discard a Shadow possession, machine, or engine.
I likey. if it discarded conditions it would be too much...but as it is nicely balanced Thumbs Up

2 Depart Swiftly Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Fine by me

3 Draw Swords Together Gondor
Condition • Support Area

needs to be unique.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:59 pm
Ah, AP said what I would’ve said.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:06 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Not Weaponless Gondor
Event • Skirmish

Not sure whether it’s clear that spotting Aragorn means the weapon has to play on him (or even if that’s your intention or not). Nevertheless, a very cool card that could probably cost 1.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Stout Swordsmen Gondor
Condition • Support Area

Seems far too good - there are a LOT of Gondor possessions and artifacts. Removing 3 tokens might do it, or making it cost 3, or maybe both, or limited it to possessions or artifacts played on Gondor companions so it doesn’t include the White Tree of Gondor or the Palantiri or the Throne.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Depart Swiftly Gondor
Event • Skirmish

Nice. Toil is not a bad idea.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area

Nice, probably fine considering Gondor’s obscene token reinforcement.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:22 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Not Weaponless Gondor
Event • Skirmish

Little problem with the wording, if you spot aragorn you dont exert a companion so what companion are you playing it on? I think its too good with just spotting Arargon personally, though i understand the relevance. This is hell of a card.

2Stout Swordsmen Gondor
Condition • Support Area

Change to 3 tokens and cost 1.

2 Depart Swiftly Gondor
Event • Skirmish

Could get out of hand but whatever.

Condition • Support Area

With token reinforcement this could be sick. But id leave it. All sets need good cards. The abuse wouldnt be broken.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards