LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:22 pm
--- description ---
Throw Frodo into the midst of the fray and watch your companions get tough and run. Or just shoot your opponent to death with the men of the south.
--- end description ---

I’m trying to build this deck, so if I there are better cards (i.e. Mumak Rider), the reason I may not include them is because I don’t have them and they’re REALLY expensive.

FP- 38

Ring-Bearer:

Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, The Great Ring

Starting Fellowship:

Eowyn, Northwoman
Gamling, The Old

Aragorn, Defender of Rohan (Please someone trade me one....)
Theoden, Northman, King of Rohan
Eomer, Northman

Gamling’s Horn x 2
Anduril (some version that’s standard legal)
Herrugrim, Sword of the Mark
Eomer’s Spear, Trusted Weapon
Rider’s Spear
Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
Golden Perch Ale

Last Days of My House x 4
Into the Caves x 2
For Death and Glory

Rohan Worker x 4
Rohan Stable Master x 4
Rohirrim Doorwarden
Robin Smallburrow

Long Live the Halflings x 3
Measure of Comfort x 3

Shadow- 37

Archer of Harad x 4
Fletcher of Harad x 2
Voice of the Desert, Southron Troop x 2
Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings x 2 (Getting one from teolixx! Dancing )
The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor x 2
Grima, Footman of Saruman x 4
Desert Wind x 2
Ferocious Haradrim x 3

Rapid Reload
Howdah x 4
Countless Companies
Pavise x 2

Elevated Fire x 4 (Have one....)
Precision Targeting x 4

Point of Rohan. Beatdown. Let the ring-bearer be assigned to a skirmish, then all your guys become hunter. Long Live the Halfling / Measure of Comfort is fun, and then when he wins the skirmish (as is VERY easy with the Ring, Gamling’s Horn and LLtH), he loses a burden w/ Golden Perch Ale. Into the Caves and Eowyn make sure he can fight well.

Now that the ring-bearer is fighting safely, your companions get huge. Fight mostly with Gamling and Eomer, they’re your biggest comps. Theoden and Aragorn give nice bonuses, with Aragorn’s text being even better with Gamling’s text and For Death and Glory. Measure of Comfort and LLtH are cool as well. Gamling’s a tank, with base 14 strength and then his horn and LLtH. Eomer’s tough as well. Gorn and Theoden don’t shirk either, and Eowyn can’t take wounds. Sauron? Eowyn. Twisted Evil Or Frodo. Whichever works best for you.

Minions are a really fun deck that punishes big fellowships in particular REALLY bad, but is still effective against smaller fellowships. How does this work? You guessed it, Anduin Banks! Most devastating is Anduin Banks on a big fellowship. Drop a Precision Targeting with Grima, Footman of Saruman and two Ferocious Haradrim. Max out the archery as best you can, and then watch three comps of their choice die. Especially if you have a bunch of twilight for Rapid Reload. Three comps die, each companion is exertied three times and all your minions are strength +....18? Yep. Strength +18 pump for ALL your minions. And its easy to throw out enough archery. Anduin Banks + Howdah + Elevated Fire + Rapid Reload + Archers. Ring of Rings gives some problems, but that’s why I picked Archer of Harad as my generic archer (I know some prefer Southron Murderer, but its the best counter to the Ring of Rings I know of).

Anway, so yeah. A few minions out with Grima and Ferocious Haradrim, and you can usually drop 5-6 comps in one turn against big fellowships. Sometimes sack the RB with a strength 22 Grima. Oh yeah, lurker, so when your other minions score their kills on exhausted companions, he gets even bigger. Who doesn’t like a strength 40 Grima?

Course, that doesn’t happen till site 6-9, so for early fun, just drop Voice and a bunch of the non archer (Mumak Commander, Mouth, Desert Wind, Grima) to make them all archers, and/or load up your Howdah for the Wind.

Any suggestions?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard