LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:37 am
--- description ---
A slow, torturous death that your opponent can only sit and watch helplessly execute.
--- end description ---

Note: This is more of a fun deck. For the person running it. Twisted Evil

Mana Base:

Plains x 9
Mountain x 5
Sacred Foundry x 4
Molten Slagheap x 4
Boros Garrison x 4

Artifacts:

Isochron Scepter x 4

White

Orim’s Chant x 4
Decree of Justice x 4

Red

Arc Blade x 4
Greater Gargadon x 4
Akroma, Angel of Fury x 2
Stalking Vengeance x 4

Colorless

Darksteel Colossus x 4
Jhoira’s Timebug x 4

Play Orim’s Chant and imprint it on an Isochron Scepter. They can’t play any spells this turn. Suspend an Arc Blade ASAP. The board is in a lockdown, you pay the kicker cost each turn. From here you can go several routes.

1. Wait for your Gargadon’s tokens to run out, paying Orim’s Chant’s kicker cost until you do, wait till you get enough mana for a Darksteel Colossus, Akroma, and Stalking Vengeance, amass all your killer creatures, pump with Decree of Justice and attack.

2. Get said creatures into play, pump with Decree of Justice and sacrifice with a suspended Greater Gargadon to deal mass damage.

3. The fun, torturous route, sit back and wait for Arc Blade to swing for two, over and over again. Around turn 40 or so, they should be out of life. Twisted Evil

If you haven’t noticed, I like Stalking Vengeance. Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:31 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Where can I start? This deck is Extended, alright, but is actually casual, not competitive. With this in mind, I think you’re not focused enough. What’s your strategy? To lock with Orim’s Chant? Then get ways to find it faster. Also, what’s your alternative rout to victory? You’re playing white, so why not play the better Akroma? Or even play both? It’s not LotR, they CAN stay on the table, as long as it’s a white one and a red one anyway...
Last, Darksteel Colossus? You KNOW that, aside from stuff like Tooth and Nail or Tinker, you can’t really cheat him into play through reanimation of any sort, so you have to pay full price for it. Isn’t 11 mana a bit too much? If you’re locking them out of the game, why not pack Howling Mine? Makes them die faster by milling themselves, finds your pices faster early on. Also, you’re a combo deck of sorts, so run Wrath of God, otherwise, you’re toast. Pack more good instants to imprint on the scepter, like Judge Unworthy or Magma Jet (for the scry effect), Angel’s Grace (to stay alive), heck, even Fury Charm! Also, on the Howling Mine route, use at least one copy of Chronosavant, instead of 4 Darksteel Colossus, to prevent you from running out of cards. Oh, and your mana base needs help big time. Wink
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:39 pm
Yeah, the deck was designed when I was fiddling around and didn’t have a clue what I was doing. Now that I’ve played a couple games, I think that I can probably get a better grasp.

Oh, BTW, I’ve pretty much abandoned this deck. The one I PM-ed you to review was the destroy everything deck.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
And where is it?
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:33 pm
Right under this one. Extended, Destroy Everything deck. I’ll get a url, 1 sec.

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5650

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)