LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:36 am
Ok cool thanks for all the reviews. Changes made.

Next lot:

4 • Aragorn, Leader Of The Grey Company Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Guardian 2. (While you can spot more minions than companions Aragorn gains defender +2)
Each Gondor Wraith is strength +1.
Response: If a non-Wraith companion is about to be killed, (except the Ring-bearer), place a Gondor Wraith in the dead pile to prevent that.
"’Come!’ he cried, and drew his sword, and it flashed in the twilit hall of the Burg. ’To the Stone of Erech! I seek the Paths of the Dead. Come with me who will!’"
R

4 • Aragorn, Son Of Arathorn Gondor
Companion • Man
Ranger. Resourceful. (The twilight cost of each card played on Aragorn is -1.)
While you can spot a Rohan man, Aragorn gains hunter 1.
Regroup: Discard a companion from hand to discard a minion from play.
"You forget to whom you speak."
C

2 • Pippin, Citadel Guard Gondor
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 4
Resistance: 7
To play, spot 2 Gondor Men.
Pippin is strength +1 for each of the following you can spot; Gandalf, Faramir, Beregond.
Skirmish:If Pippin is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to have Pippin replace a non-Hobbit companion in a skirmish.
"Guard of the citadel indeed..."

1 • Bergil Son Of Beregond Gondor
Follower
Strength: +1
Aid - 1
When this card is transferred to a non Gondor companion, (except Pippin), exert bearer.
Bearer gains Guardian 1 (While you can spot more minions than companions bearer gains defender +1).
"Almost I wish now that there was no war, for we might have had some merry times."
R

Enjoy for the mean time. Next its onto my Wraiths. Twisted Evil
Last edited by lem0nhead on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:33 am; edited 3 times in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:07 am
lem0nhead wrote:

Next lot:

Companion • Man
Guardian 2. (While you can spot more minions than companions Aragorn gains defender +2)
Each Gondor wraith is strength +1.
Response: If a non-wraith companion is about to be killed, (except the ring-bearer), place a Gondor wraith in the dead pile to prevent that.
"’Come!’ he cried, and drew his sword, and it flashed in the twilit hall of the Burg. ’To the Stone of Erech! I seek the Paths of the Dead. Come with me who will!’"
R

Nice. "And heal that companion completely."

Companion • Man
While you can spot a Rohan man, Aragorn is strength +2.
C

Refuge-ish

Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 5
To play spot 2 Gondor Men.
Pippin is strength +1 for each of the following you can spot; Gandalf, Faramir, Beregond.
Skirmish: Exert Pippin and spot a non-hobbit companion in a skirmish, to replace that companion in the skirmish.

Shocked OMG!!! A hobbit ARAGORN! For only 2! Shocked

Follower
Aid - 2
When this card is transferred to a non Gondor companion, (except Pippin), exert bearer.
Bearer gains Guardian 1 (While you can spot more minions than companions Aragorn gains defender +1).
"Almost I wish now that there was no war, for we might have had some merry times."
R

Aragorn gains defender +1? Give it something else, otherwise its useless.

Enjoy for the mean time. Next its onto my Wraiths. Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:21 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Man
Each Gondor wraith is strength +1.
Response: If a non-wraith companion is about to be killed, (except the ring-bearer), place a Gondor wraith in the dead pile to prevent that.
R

"Wraith", as a race, should always be capitalized, as should "Ring-bearer". Otherwise, very nifty.

lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Man
While you can spot a Rohan man, Aragorn is strength +2.
C

Yeah, can you believe that subtitle was never used by Big D? Amazing.

"Man" is, again, a race and should thus be capitalized. Instead of strength +2, I’d make it hunter 2. He’s very, VERY good for a common. Perhaps consider dropping one of the abilities.

lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
To play spot 2 Gondor Men.
Skirmish: Exert Pippin and spot a non-hobbit companion in a skirmish, to replace that companion in the skirmish.

Heh, I have a card VERY similiar to this for my RotK set.

Okay, first the little stuff: comma after "To play", capitalize "Hobbit", and NO comma after "in a skirmish".

The bigger stuff: the skirmish ability is worded poorly. It should probably be "If Pippin is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to have Pippin replace a non-Hobbit companion in a skirmish."

lem0nhead wrote:
Follower
Aid - 2
Bearer gains Guardian 1 (While you can spot more minions than companions bearer gains defender +1).
R

A follower, eh? Interesting. Since you have a comma after Pippin, you don’t need one immediately after "Gondor companion". Otherwise, I think this is pretty sound. You could probably even get away with lowering the aid cost to 1, or perhaps just drop the initial cost from 1 to 0.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:37 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Man
Response: If a non-Wraith companion is about to be killed, (except the Ring-bearer), place a Gondor Wraith in the dead pile to prevent that.
R

Guardian 1 would be better, 2 is pushing it. Nice guy though.

lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Man
C

If you dropped any one of his abilities, he would be balanced. Otherwise, I think he’s too good. Or maybe reduce his strength.

lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Skirmish:If Pippin is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to have Pippin replace a non-Hobbit companion in a skirmish.

I prefer Guard of the Citadel as a subtitle. Also, he has no rarity. Other than that, rocking card.

lem0nhead wrote:
Follower
Aid - 1
R

Nice all round.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lem0nhead wrote:

Next lot:

Companion • Man
R
cool!

Companion • Man
C
works for me

Companion • Hobbit
finally a pippin that can pwn...

Follower
Aid - 1
R
Next its onto my Wraiths:

can’t wait

should be each time this card is transferred methinks.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:57 pm
lem0nhead wrote:

Next lot:

Companion • Man
R

Whoa! Neat, and amazingly strong. Almost too good, but since it only has use in wraith decks, I’ll let it slide. Wink

Quote:
Companion • Man
C

Awesome. No complaints.

Yo! Refuge, onward!

Quote:
Companion • Hobbit

Interesting... but okay.

Quote:
Follower
Aid - 1
R

Cool card for Guardian. Although... instead of base strength +1, maybe make it... strength +1 for each minion he is skirmishing. Just for kicks.

Yay, multi-defender Gondor!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:09 am
Cool im happy with the reviews and the odd change made overall.

Im not sure how best to start the wraiths so ill guess ill start with the companions so you can see the cards that support them once you know what they do.

2 Awakened Dead Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
While there are 6 or more Gondor cards removed from the game, this companion is strength +2.
Maneuver or Regroup: Exert this companion to remove a Gondor card in your discard from the game.
"The Dead awaken; for the hour is come for the oathbreakers..."
C

3 Forgotten Soul Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Strength: 7
While there are 8 or more Gondor cards removed from the game, this companion is strength +3 and damage +1.
"To fulfil our oath and have peace."
U

2 • Shadow Of Erech Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Guardian 1.(While you can spot more minions that companions, Shadow of Erech gains defender +1.)
While you can spot 3 other Gondor Wraiths and there are 7 or more Gondor cards removed from the game, this minion is strength +2 and cannot take wounds.
"Who shall call them from the prey twilight, the forgotten people?"
R

Lets see what you think.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:09 am
lem0nhead wrote:
2 Awakened Dead Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Strength: 6
While there are 6 or more Gondor cards removed from the game, this companion is strength +2.
Maneuver or Regroup: Exert this companion to remove a Gondor card in your discard from the game.
"The Dead awaken; for the hour is come for the oathbreakers..."
C

I’m not sure of the mechanics of counting the number of cards not in play. There are loads of Gondor cards that are not in the game, in other decks for a start. If they’re not in the game, how can you count them? Setting that aside, why isn’t he enduring?

lem0nhead wrote:
3 Forgotten Soul Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Strength: 7
While there are 8 or more Gondor cards removed from the game, this companion is strength +3 and damage +1.
"To fulfil our oath and have peace."
U

Again, I miss my enduring Wraiths. And he could easily have it and still be balanced (maybe with a little reduction).

lem0nhead wrote:
2 • Shadow Of Erech Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Guardian 1.(While you can spot more minions that companions, Shadow of Erech gains defender +1.)
While you can spot 3 other Gondor Wraiths and there are 7 or more Gondor cards removed from the game, this minion is strength +2 and cannot take wounds.
"Who shall call them from the prey twilight, the forgotten people?"
R

This guy can’t have enduring unless you reduce his vitality or increase his cost, but I still think it’s worth it considering his ability. Lose some fights and get exhausted, then remove 7 cards and he can no longer take wounds!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:18 am
Im not doing enduring wraiths. Ive made up the entire set to make them different. I cant see how i could add to/effect the current wraith system. So i started from scratch. Rangers from ttt made minions roam in the skirmish with conditions etc. Rangers from hunters used threats in the maneuever. This is the same thing. Im changing the dynamic. What else could i do with enduring? Nothing. And besides i stated those sorts of keywords are not featuring in Battle o t P F. Ive created new stuff to keep it blocked first and foremost.

As regards counting the cards removed from the game, i think its pedantic to argue semantics. You’d pick up the pile of cards you have removed from the game and go "look", "there are 5 Gondor cards here". Voila. Job done. If you want i’ll issue a clarification but i thought it was obvious.

Besides once youve seen the rest of the cards for the wraith theme maybe you’ll change your mind.

Once everyone has seen them all, if enough people want me to make them enduring then i will reluctantly, but ive tried to compensate for the strength by giving them bonuses.

Anyway. more reviews please.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:34 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Im not doing enduring wraiths. Ive made up the entire set to make them different.

Fantastic, and I don’t suggest you change it if that’s what you want, I was merely remarking that I missed enduring.

lem0nhead wrote:
As regards counting the cards removed from the game, i think its pedantic to argue semantics. You’d pick up the pile of cards you have removed from the game and go "look", "there are 5 Gondor cards here". Voila. Job done. If you want i’ll issue a clarification but i thought it was obvious.

And I don’t think it’s pedantic at all, it’s a serious rules issue whether you can use cards removed from the game like that. I understand exactly what you mean, but I have no idea whether it’s actually possible within the rules.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards