LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Sam-Wise
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:12 pm
This is a card that hasn’t been thought out all the way, but let me know what you think.

Sauron Marsh Path

Event Skirmish
Card Text: To play, spot an Sauron orc.
Exert an Sauron orc twice to make a companion exert twice, for every other twilight in the the twilight pool, and to go on to the site after next.

"...Orcs take the long way around..."
lem0nhead
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:29 pm
Well its badly worded so i dont know what you mean by the last bit, but anyway its insanely good. Play one minion leave 9 in the pool and use this to exert every companion twice. Needs toning down, but its so broke id just scrap it and start again.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Sam-Wise wrote:
This is a card that hasn’t been thought out all the way, but let me know what you think.

Sauron Marsh Path

Event Skirmish
Exert an Sauron orc twice to make a companion exert twice, for every other twilight in the the twilight pool, and to go on to the site after next.

broken. fix the wording and totally tone it down. and it needs twilight 3 or so
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:57 am
Sam-Wise wrote:
Sauron Marsh Path

Event Skirmish

Interesting, but first a few words about format. I for one am not very a exciting person when it comes to things like this, and prefer things to be the same way every time across the board. So, according to the standard format, your card would look more like:

3 Marsh Path Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Sauron Orc twice to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion twice for each twilight token. Immediately move the fellowship two sites along the adventure path (even if the move limit does not allow).

I think I’m understanding your intentions correctly, so correct me if I’m wrong. Nevertheless, this card is too good and rather weird. Normally, people don’t move on during the skirmish phase, which makes me think it would be better as a regroup event.

But, even then it’s still too good as you’re looking at a guaranteed exhausted fellowship and the twilight of 2 sites piled up in the pool. To tone it down, I might make it 1 exertion for each twilight (which may still be too much so it might have to be some other factor for example Sauron Orcs or threats), and specify that no twilight is added for 1 or both sites you’re moving through. Then you could exhaust the fellowship with comparative ease but as a cost make them far ahead of you, which would be a very interesting trade-off.

Other than that, Marsh Path as a title sounds a bit wrong to me, maybe Through the Marshes?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
personally I think making the fellowship move is broken PERIOD.
forced march anyone?
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:30 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
forced march anyone?

Not if you add no twilight for it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:58 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
forced march anyone?

Yeah forced march is such an non fun card to go up against. Its all bloody Orc cards. Stupid OP race. There arent half as many issues with other races as new orcses.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:07 pm
thankfully, as I have said a billion times, no one in my area cares enough to make a really OP deck(except for bob’s elven hunters) and i dont play SDA
"DáinIronfoot"
NBarden
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:39 pm
I built a broken mini-fruit loops/Uruk grind and a Lackey/IB deck in expanded.

I wuv sweet brokennes. And I have 3 copies of Forced March. Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Sam-Wise
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:12 pm
Sorry, forgot the twilight.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards