LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
and since a lot of ent decks run more then 5 companions...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:41 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Score for the 5-companion fellowships! But that is a nice little loop there. LeoKula, there’s no rule pertaining to this, because one player controls all of the actions in the loop.

NK, that’s an evil combo with Plotting!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:50 pm
A LOT of people I know play with 6 comps or more. (sudden fury hobbits, Knights)

Infinite combo orc skulker with broken in defeat is awesome!
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
tonio
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:49 pm
Hehe, this combo is interesting!

Most players will think about it twice before playing Radagast as a sixth companion ^^
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:08 am
Im really surprised this many people didnt know of it. As soon as i saw the skulker and it wasnt culturally enforced i knew it could be funny and then broken in defeat came along annd it was obvious what I had to do next..... Twisted Evil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:05 am
And then the White Hand Slayer came along with City Gates and we knew we were in for a blast. Especially when followed up next site with Anduin Banks.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Dravius
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:52 am
In my opinion, splashing the skulker in the already weak Uruk deck makes the Uruk deck even weaker if your opponent:

A- Does not run 6 companions
B- Mostly play with hunter companions (Aragorn defender of Rohan is cool against this trick)
C- Can kill you slayer before the skirmish phase (maneuver or archery phase) or even in the skirmish phase (Eowyn, LoI anyone?)
D- Can prevent the Slayer from being assingned (faithfull Stone)
E- Can cancel the skirmish involving this minion, or discard the companion skimishing this minion

That’s alot of possibilities in which ANY Uruk-hai deck splashing the slayer and the skulker will be completely useless. The Uruk culture needs a lot of focus on either swarm or beatdown to waste some precious space with it in my opinion.

Any GOOD deck runing 6 or more companions msut have something up their sleeves to be able to face either Cantea, Enquea, or whatever 6 companion hate out there, so either they’ll run archery, direct wound or Eowyn, or the bouncing hobbits, or skirmish cancelation. Knights have the fortifications, meaning you’re going to be able to play broken in defeat only once before you vitality is reduced to 0.

I realy think that most decks will win pretty easily to an uruk-hai deck running withe hand slayer and orc skulker, two weak minions only good if played together on a certain specific condition.

Don’t take me wrong, it is not my intention to be rude, even if it may sounds like it, I only wish make you realize that this is no worse than having a fierce ulaire cantea, black assassin with 4x drown to its power on the site that adds burden each time a companion is killed with 7 companions out... sure in some case there are auto-losses, but while it remains a problem easily countered, I don’t have any problem with it.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:42 pm
Good point.

I prefer enforcing the rule of 5 by dropping a City Gates followed up by an Anduin Banks. Works well for me Thumbs Up

Oh, and since when were Uruks strictly swarm or beatdown? My uruk deck is site control grind.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Dravius
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:37 pm
I forgot about that one... my point was most of thier decks are not competitive to a forest nazgul or troll swarm for example,
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion