LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:21 pm
Okay, time for a new DC set. First person to give me a decent title will have their title as the DC set name as well as a GP.

Also, upon completion of my INGENIOUSLY INSANE DC contest, I will include one card from each of the competitors in my set.

The shadow cultures are TBD, but there will be a smaller number, 75 vs 105 FP. I will work on the set distribution ASAP.

NEW MECHANICS!

Resources- Resources are kept track of as tokens in your support area. They are treated like tokens, being a resource of a particular culture.

At the start of the game, the culture with the LARGEST number of companions in the starting fellowship gets ONE resource. That’s it. If you have the SAME number of companions in the starting fellowship, you get a GENERAL resource, which can be used like ANY resource for ANY culture.

Shadow players get an edge, they get to start with a GENERIC resource.

Tapping: Cards may have the ability to tap and untap, characterized by this symbol: Tap. When a card is tapped, it is rotated to a right angle of its previous position. While tapped, all of its game text is null, except for text specifically referenced by that card, or an untap ability.

FP- 104-

Gondor- These guys already have resources in place, and as such, cards for Gondor usually enter play contributing resources. These resources will usually be employed in defending Gondor from its enemies.

34 cards

Dwarven- These will be the DADDY of resource abuse. Delvers and miners, they can scrape a card bare to get massive resources, not to mention auto-resource generation. However, on the flip side, Dwarven resources are not quite as valuable as other cultures.

23 cards

Shire- With an emphasis on growing thins, the Shire resources will have the power to heal

12 cards

Elven- The number one asset of the elves is their knowledge and wisdom. Thus, elven resources will be primarily used in tricky maneuvers and battles of the wit versus brawn.

15 cards

Gandalf- The wizard. He is used to bring cultures together, with a lot of cards dealing with generic resources and the utilization of the resources of various cultures.

10 cards

Rohan- The Rohirrim are rustic and not the best at generating resources, but with the return of an old-school keyword, villager, will make them also able to compete in the resource game, albeit more difficulty. However, reciprocal of the dwarves, difficult to get resources makes them more valuable, and thus, more powerful.

10 cards

Gollum- Smeagol acts like a leech, not contributing much in the way of resources, but using the resources of any culture to do stuff.

5 cards

Shadow- 75

Cultures TBD. Not sure whether I’ll go old-school cultures or new cultures.

Ring- 1

SPOILERS

Ring The One Ring, The Ring of Power Ring
Strength: +3
Maneuver: Exert the ring-bearer to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing the One Ring, each companion (except the ring-bearer) is strength -1 and each time the ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.

AND some resource holders, which do not add to the card count and are not included in a deck count, but are for keeping track of resources, AND have a sweet ability Twisted Evil

•Resources Gondor
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Gondor resource to make a Gondor companion strength +3.
Promo

•Resources Dwarven
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Dwarven resource to make a Dwarven companion damage +2.
Promo

•Resources Shire
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Shire resource and spot 2 Shire companions to remove 2 burdens.
Promo

•Resources Elven
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove an Elven resource to wound a minion skirmishing an Elven companion twice.
Promo

•Resources Gandalf
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Gandalf resource from here and spot Gandalf to make a minion strength -3.
Promo

•Resources Rohan
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Rohan resource to play a possession from your discard pile on your Rohan companion.
Promo

•Resources Gollum
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Gollum token to discard Smeagol.
Promo

•Resources Gondor Dwarven Shire Elven Gandalf Rohan Gollum
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap If a companion is not assigned to skirmish a minion, remove a resource to have him or her replace a companion in skirmishing a minion (except the ring-bearer).

These cards have no card type, are not FP or Shadow, and their not going to be able to untap, making it a one-time use ability, and are all, except the generic resource holder, culturally enforced. However, you get to start the game with them AND with a resource on them, so...its kinda a freebie as well. For one time use only.

In case you haven’t noticed, this set will push the edge.
Last edited by NBarden on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:31 am; edited 6 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

•Resources Gondor
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Gondor resource to make a Gondor companion strength +3.
Promo
sure

•Resources Dwarven
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Dwarven resource to make a Dwarven companion damage +2.
Promo
again too much . damage +2 if at an underground or something

•Resources Shire
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Shire resource and spot 2 Shire companions to remove 2 burdens.
Promo
OK

•Resources [Elves]
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove an Elven resource to wound a minion skirmishing an Elven companion twice.
Promo
once. or twice if they are hunter and at a forest or something and not the RB

•Resources Gandalf
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Gandalf resource from here and spot Gandalf to make a minion strength -3.
Promo
I guess

•Resources Rohan
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap Remove a Rohan resource to play a possession from your discard pile on your Rohan companion.
Promo
maybe and heal him if you can spot 2 villagers

•Resources Gondor Dwarven Shire [Elves] Gandalf Rohan
(Store Resources Here)
Skirmish: Tap If a companion is not assigned to skirmish a minion, remove a resource to have him or her replace a companion in skirmishing a minion (except the ring-bearer).
sure

These cards have no card type, are not FP or Shadow, and their not going to be able to untap, making it a one-time use ability, and are all, except the generic resource holder, culturally enforced. However, you get to start the game with them AND with a resource on them, so...its kinda a freebie as well. For one time use only.

so can you only use them once? you can’t add more resources?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:46 pm
They can add more resources, SoP, ’cuz they’re the resource holders. However, once they tap the first time, he’s not planning on making any cards to untap them (because remember, these aren’t either freeps or shadow cards, technically, so any card that untaps a freeps or shadow card, which he’ll surely make, won’t affect them). Thusly, they can’t tap again and thusly thusly, they can’t use the ability more than once.

NBarden, this is really interesting. I like the resource thing, and tapping... well... let’s just say I’ll hunt you down if you make a LotR card with "Suspend." Rolling Eyes

This is a set I’ll definately want to drop by and review.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:20 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nice. As for a name, how about "Armies of Middle-Earth"?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:12 pm
Hm...IDK.

Better idea. Once I get 6 or 7 ideas, I’ll pick one. Sound cool?

SoP, the thing is you get an INSTANT start with these things, and you get a resource on one of them. There are no way for them to untap, so its a once per game ability, IF even that.

However, note that resources can be used even without these cards. Its just good to have one, because of a sweet ability in a pinch. Also note that they’re released as Promos, and whatever cool alternate templates you can imagine a LotR card having. I’ll leave that up to you.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:57 am
Im severely disappointed with the cards NB. I had a great vision for this idea when you announced the mechanic for the Dc contest and thought it would be a hugely powerful but balanced feature. The cards youve shown are no more than culture token cards with a slight slant. You said "you imagined an uber twilight scenario." These are not uber theyre alright. Make resources harder to get yet more powerful to use. Otherwise youre just renaming culture tokens.

BTW how about:

The Great Battle (quoted by gandalf as in we come to it at last the great battle of our time)

The Third Age

Battle for Middle Earth

Alliance of the Free Peoples
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
LeoKula
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:00 am
lem0nhead wrote:
The cards youve shown are no more than culture token cards with a slight slant.
Make resources harder to get yet more powerful to use. Otherwise youre just renaming culture tokens.
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:13 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Im severely disappointed with the cards NB. I had a great vision for this idea when you announced the mechanic for the Dc contest and thought it would be a hugely powerful but balanced feature. The cards youve shown are no more than culture token cards with a slight slant. You said "you imagined an uber twilight scenario." These are not uber theyre alright. Make resources harder to get yet more powerful to use. Otherwise youre just renaming culture tokens.

That is where you’re wrong. You start the game with these cards in play. Meaning, that its an AUTO-USE of the ability, in ANY deck. In that case, I thought that they may be a little powerful. I HAVE to use toned-down abilities if you start the game able to use them.

But the cards WILL get better.

BTW, the only reason that someone would use these cards is that they start the game with them. And they’re sweet promos, look cool, and its easier to keep track of resources. Other than that, the uber-powerful cards are BY FAR more useful.

I FORGOT Gollum!!!!

I like Battle for Middle Earth.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:20 am
Hmm maybe. Ill have to see what you do with them from now on.

Looking forward to it though.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:35 am
elf lvr wrote:
NBarden, this is really interesting. I like the resource thing, and tapping... well... let’s just say I’ll hunt you down if you make a LotR card with "Suspend." Rolling Eyes

This is a set I’ll definately want to drop by and review.

Okay, no suspend.

1 Isengard Breeding Chambers Isengard
Possession • Support Area
This card enters play with 4 spore counters on it.
Maneuver: Tap Remove a spore counter from this card: Put a 5/2/5 damage +1 Isengard Uruk-Hai token in play with trample (If this minion would deal enough damage to a Free Peoples character it is skirmishing to destroy them, you may have it deal the rest of its damage to the ring-bearer).
Skirmish: Tap Return an Isengard possession from your discard pile into play under your control and attach it to an Uruk-Hai
Upkeep-1 (At the start of the regroup phase, remove 1 or sacrifice Isengard Breeding Chambers).

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards