LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:08 am
NBarden wrote:
1 Isengard Breeding Chambers Isengard
Possession • Support Area
This card enters play with 4 spore counters on it.
Maneuver: Tap Remove a spore counter from this card: Put a 5/2/5 damage +1 Isengard Uruk-Hai token in play with trample (If this minion would deal enough damage to a Free Peoples character it is skirmishing to destroy them, you may have it deal the rest of its damage to the ring-bearer).
Skirmish: Tap Return an Isengard possession from your discard pile into play under your control and attach it to an Uruk-Hai
Upkeep-1 (At the start of the regroup phase, remove 1 or sacrifice Isengard Breeding Chambers).

Is this actually a card from your set, or are you just making a card without suspend but with as many other MTG mechanics as you could fit on it?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:49 am
Laughing

No, its not a part of my set. But don’t tell EL. Anxious
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:20 am
Alright, card distribution updated. Here are some of the Gondor cards, and true to my word on the DC set, I will use a card from each of the contestants. So, since I’m starting Gondor, I’ll use the one I chose from lem0nhead’s DCs. Smeagol will come next, with LeoKula’s.

If its okay with you, lem0n, I’m going to make the card a LITTLE more guarded.

1 • The Shards of Narsil, Broken Heirloom Gondor
Credit to lem0nhead for this DC!
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Gondor Men.
At the end of each turn in which no Gondor companion lost a skirmish, place a Gondor token here.
Fellowship: Remove 3 Gondor tokens from here to add a Gondor resource.
"He cast his sword upon the table that stood before Elrond, and the blade was in two pieces."

While we’re on artifacts, here’s some more.

1 •The Great Gate of Minas Tirith Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Fortification.
To play, remove a Gondor resource.
Each time a Shadow player is about to discard a Gondor fortification, you may remove that fortification from the game to add a Gondor resource.
Assignment: Tap Assign a minion to skirmish a Gondor companion to make the shadow player spot an unassigned minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish.
Untap: Fellowship: Add 3.

And another one.

1 •Beacon of Minas Tirith Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Maneuver: Tap Remove a Gondor resource to add a Rohan resource, or remove a Rohan resource to add a Gondor resource.
Untap: Fellowship or Regroup: Exert a Rohan or Gondor Man.

More cards coming later!
Last edited by NBarden on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:52 am; edited 6 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:35 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Kinda bizarre... Not sure how to rate it right now, but I didn’t like the "generic" cards, I think it starts being too much for a LotR player to carry aroung to play a single game, too much free stuff on the table, etc.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:42 am
the point of the generic resources is that they can be used IN PLACE OF any resource. For example, if a card says remove a Gondor resource, you can remove a generic one OR a Gondor resource.

As such, generic resources are FAR more powerful, and very difficult to obtain. However, Gandalf may have some tricks up his sleeve in that regard.

The resources storers aren’t mandatory to keep track of it, they just help AND can give a bonus. Yeah, they’re a must have for any deck, but they’re not THAT OP since you wouldn’t want to throw away the resources on something that small of an ability. If you do, you only get to once, because the cards won’t untap.

Clearer now?

And oh dang I forgot the One Ring, so I’m gonna drop a Rohan card for a ring.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

1 • The Shards of Narsil, Broken Heirloom Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
To play spot 2 Gondor Men.
At the end of each turn in which no Gondor companion lost a skirmish, place a token here.
Fellowship: Remove 3 tokens from here to gain a Gondor resource.
"He cast his sword upon the table that stood before Elrond, and the blade was in two pieces."
possibilities, especially with guarded city.

1 •The Great Gate of Minas Tirith Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Fortification.
To play, remove a resource.
Each time a Shadow player is about to discard a Gondor fortification, you may remove that fortification from the game to add a Gondor resource.
Assignment: Tap Make the shadow player spot a minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish.
Untap: Fellowship: Add 3.
skirmish until the regroup phase...

And another one.

1 •The Beacon of Minas Tirith Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Maneuver: Tap Remove a Gondor resource to add a Rohan resource, or remove a Rohan resource to add a Gondor resource.
Untap: Fellowship or Regroup: Exert a Rohan or Gondor man.

works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:46 pm
Actually, its worded that way so that it doesn’t completely shut down a fierce minion. Like, not that easy to take care of Sauron. Since its assignment phase, the ability lasts until the end of the phase, and thus, the minion can’t fight until the next assignment phase anyway.

However, it does need some cultural enforcement I missed. Embarassed

EDIT: Now it won’t hose a solo-minion, allowing for some more balance, is culturally enforced, and as an added bonus to the FP, the weakest minion can fight, making a tougher minion unable to fight.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:04 pm
Updated the first post with a ring.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
add a vitality bonus to the ring. IMHO. or a damage bonus would be cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:36 pm
I was thinking about that, but I didn’t want it to cluttered. Damage, that is.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards