LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but it would be so cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:35 pm
Ring is exceedingly interesting, and I think fine.

I do however have a problem with the resource ’extra-deck’ cards. I like the idea, but I don’t think they should have any abilities on them whatsoever. There are 2 situations

1) You don’t use resources but you get a free upgrade once per game for any deck, which is silly.

2) You do use resources so there’s no reason to use the ability on that card when you have cards that use them to much greater effects.

Therefore, my suggestion is that you keep them as places to store your resources on, but remove any abilities on them OR make the abilities somehow only apply if you are using a resources deck OR (and this option I like least) make them work more than once a game (ie. they don’t tap) so that they’re better in decks that add resources than in others (but I still don’t like the free upgrade to any deck).

NBarden wrote:
1 • The Shards of Narsil, Broken Heirloom Gondor
Credit to lem0nhead for this DC!
Artifact • Support Area
To play spot 2 Gondor Men.
At the end of each turn in which no Gondor companion lost a skirmish, place a token here.
Fellowship: Remove 3 tokens from here to gain a Gondor resource.
"He cast his sword upon the table that stood before Elrond, and the blade was in two pieces."

This is cool, good one lem0n! Razz

NBarden wrote:
1 •The Great Gate of Minas Tirith Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Fortification.
To play, remove a Gondor resource.
Each time a Shadow player is about to discard a Gondor fortification, you may remove that fortification from the game to add a Gondor resource.
Assignment: Tap Assign a minion to skirmish a Gondor companion to make the shadow player spot a minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish.
Untap: Fellowship: Add 3.

The first ability is really cool, but I have 2 problems with this card. 1)What’s to stop the Shadow player choosing the minion you just assigned in the second ability? 2) I don’t like the way the untapping is phrased. I’d MUCH prefer ’Fellowship: Add 3 to untap this card.’ Also, ’Shadow’ should always be capitalised.

NBarden wrote:
1 •The Beacon of Minas Tirith Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Maneuver: Tap Remove a Gondor resource to add a Rohan resource, or remove a Rohan resource to add a Gondor resource.
Untap: Fellowship or Regroup: Exert a Rohan or Gondor man.

Same note on untapping, but nice card! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:11 pm
Fixed.

One of my pet peeves is wordiness. I guess it comes from speech and debate. Be as clear and concise as possible, thus, my wording of the Untap ability.

I’d really rather keep it that way. But thanks!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:48 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
1 • The Shards of Narsil, Broken Heirloom Gondor
Credit to lem0nhead for this DC!
Artifact • Support Area
To play spot 2 Gondor Men.
At the end of each turn in which no Gondor companion lost a skirmish, place a token here.
Fellowship: Remove 3 tokens from here to gain a Gondor resource.
"He cast his sword upon the table that stood before Elrond, and the blade was in two pieces."

Very, very interesting with this resource stuff. Combining LOTR and MTG, eh? Razz I played Magic WAY back in the day, so I still somewhat remember all that.

Anyway, put a comma between "To play" and "spot 2", and don’t just say "place a token here", but rather "add a Gondor token here".

NBarden wrote:
1 •The Great Gate of Minas Tirith Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Fortification.
Each time a Shadow player is about to discard a Gondor fortification, you may remove that fortification from the game to add a Gondor resource.
Assignment: Tap Assign a minion to skirmish a Gondor companion to make the shadow player spot an unassigned minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish.
Untap: Fellowship: Add 3.

Fine now that you made the change Thran suggested. Thumbs Up

NBarden wrote:
1 •The Beacon of Minas Tirith Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Maneuver: Tap Remove a Gondor resource to add a Rohan resource, or remove a Rohan resource to add a Gondor resource.
Untap: Fellowship or Regroup: Exert a Rohan or Gondor man.

Two problems: "Man" should always be capitalized, and Gondor has more than one beacon! Razz Perhaps give it a specific name, or just drop the "The".
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:17 am
Not much to say the others haven’t said. They look pretty good to me.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:49 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Very, very interesting with this resource stuff. Combining LOTR and MTG, eh? Razz I played Magic WAY back in the day, so I still somewhat remember all that.

If tapping is a combo between MtG and LotR, then yes. But tapping is used in MANY games, including my other personal favorite, Battletech!

Okay, will make some changes. Then more cards later.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:28 am
Some more resource stuff. And other stuff.

6 •Garrison of Osgiliath Gondor
Companion • Support Area
Strength: 12
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 6
Damage +1
To play, discard 2 Gondor men.
Skirmish: Remove a Gondor resource to play up to two fortification from your discard pile.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may exert Garrison of Osgiliath twice and remove a fortification from the game to add a Gondor resource.

2 •Library of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Gondor companions and remove a Gondor resource.
Fellowship: Tap: Add a Gondor resource (or a generic resource if you spot Gandalf).
Untap: Regroup: Add 5.

1 •The Defense of Osgiliath Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Maneuver: Tap a Gondor condition to transfer this to a Gondor companion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may untap a Gondor card.
At the start of the regroup phase, return this condition to your support area.

2 •The Outer Defenses Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification. Toil 2.
Maneuver: Tap: Make the shadow player spot a minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.
Untap: Fellowship: Exert a Gondor man.

5 The Retaking of Osgiliath Gondor
Event • Maneuver
Toil 2.
Spot a fortification in your discard pile and remove a Gondor resource to make each Gondor Man strength +3 and damage +1 until the regroup phase. At the end of your turn, if no companion lost a skirmish this turn, you may play that fortification from your discard pile.
Last edited by NBarden on Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:52 am; edited 3 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:11 pm
NBarden wrote:
Companion • Support Area
Damage +1
Skirmish: Remove a Gondor resource to play a fortification from your discard pile.
Regroup: Remove a fortification from the game to add a Gondor resource.

Firstly, clever idea about the discarding Men to play him, but I don’t like it. I’d much prefer a guy with FAR reduced stats and a huge spotting requirement. I was going to comment on his easy way of adding resources and bad usage of them, but that’s the point of Gondor isn’t it?

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Tap: Add a Gondor resource (or a generic resource if you spot Gandalf).
Untap: Fellowship: Add 5.

To avoid loops and ’Deathtrap of Minas Tirith’ scenarios, I’d rather the two abilities were in 2 different phases, maybe the first one in the maneuver.

NBarden wrote:
2 •The Defense of Osgiliath Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale.

Great card, but for 2 it could have a minor strength/resistance boost.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Maneuver: Tap: Make the shadow player spot a minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.

Given that it costs a resource and it’s ability is a tapping one, it could easily cost 1 or maybe 0.

NBarden wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Spot a fortification in your discard pile and remove a Gondor resource to make each Gondor man strength +3 and defender +1 until the regroup phase. At the end of your turn, if no companion lost a skirmish this turn, you may play that fortification from your discard pile.

How about increasing the cost and slapping on a toil? Nice card, though out of proportion with the rest of your Gondor resource-using cards. Oh, and ’Man’ is always capitalised.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
Some more resource stuff. And other stuff.

Companion • Support Area
Damage +1
Skirmish: Remove a Gondor resource to play a fortification from your discard pile.
Regroup: Remove a fortification from the game to add a Gondor resource.
make the regroup ability and exert them

Condition • Support Area
Untap: Fellowship: Add 5.
sure

2 •The Defense of Osgiliath Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
whoa...that seems powerful...maybe at the end of the turn discard it.

Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
needs lore...

Event • Maneuver
Spot a fortification in your discard pile and remove a Gondor resource to make each Gondor man strength +3 and defender +1 until the regroup phase. At the end of your turn, if no companion lost a skirmish this turn, you may play that fortification from your discard pile.

WAY to powerful. make it X resources to make X of them strength +3 and defender...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:25 pm
Holy cow....okay...I must not have been thinking. Yeah, this gives resources WAY to easily. Razz

I’m going to slap a BUNCH of regulations to make it harder.

and no. Gondor is less guarded than most cultures, but the Dwarves are really the easy to generate resource people.

SoP, I don’t think its overpowered, because when a condition is tapped, everything except abilities that specifically activate while tapped are null.

Which is another reason for wording untap abilities as Untap:, thus making sure that its active while tapped.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards