LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
retaking of osgiliath is still WAY to powerful. one resource and bye bye site 9 hopes and dreams. kill the defender bonus or something.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:46 pm
SoP’s got a point, maybe the defender bonus should be limited to Boromir or one Man of your choice.

Oh, and ’Men’ should be capitalised in the first card.

Nice changes you made all round, but I liked the adding 5 in the fellowship phase and I’d prefer the first ability in a different phase, but that’s entirely subjective.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:09 pm
Made one quick change, Retaking of Osgiliath now has a damage instead of defender bonus.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:58 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
MUCH more balanced. knock the boost down to 2, and no RB boost and it is good
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:39 pm
But if you see, I’ve guarded the resources very carefully and there will be very few more cards that add resources for Gondor.

And it has a high twilight cost as well. I think its fair.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Okay, here’s a fun card filter card. If you can get it to work right.

2 •Defenses of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
To play, remove 2 Gondor resources.
When you play this condition, you may play Walls of Minas Tirith, or Watchtower of Minas Tirith from your draw deck to add a Gondor resource.
Maneuver: Tap: Wound a minion for each of the following you can spot: Defenses of Minas Tirith, Walls of Minas Tirith, or Watchtower of Minas Tirith.
Untap: Regroup: Exert 2 Gondor men.

1 Walls of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
To play, remove a Gondor resource.
Skirmish: Tap: Make a minion strength -1 for each of the following you can spot: Defenses of Minas Tirith, Walls of Minas Tirith, or Watchtower of Minas Tirith.
Untap: Fellowship: Exert a Gondor man.

1 Watchtower of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification
Archery: Tap: Spot Defenses of Minas Tirith and Watchtower of Minas Tirith to make the fellowship archery total +1.
Untap: Fellowship: Add a threat.

And another resource card.

9 Gondor Still Stands Gondor
Event • Regroup
Toil 2
Add two Gondor resources. The Free Peoples player must move again this turn, if the move limit allows.

Well...you give your opponent 8 or toil it massively. Then you have to move again. Best case scenario, you’ve already fought them off twice and reap your well-earned rewards. But how often will that happen?

Well...go ahead and review!
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:53 am
NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
When you play this condition, you may play Walls of Minas Tirith, or Watchtower of Minas Tirith from your draw deck to add a Gondor resource.
Maneuver: Tap: Wound a minion for each of the following you can spot: Defenses of Minas Tirith, Walls of Minas Tirith, or Watchtower of Minas Tirith.

Was your plan to add the resource to allow you to play the Walls or Watchtower or to simply pay for the cost after it’s made? If the former, then it’s in the wrong order: the resource needs to be added before you can play the next card. Very cool though.

NBarden wrote:
0 Walls of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Skirmish: Tap: Make a minion strength -1 for each of the following you can spot: Defenses of Minas Tirith, Walls of Minas Tirith, or Watchtower of Minas Tirith.

I like this theme, it’s very interesting.

NBarden wrote:
0 Watchtower of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification
Archery: Tap: Spot Defenses of Minas Tirith and Watchtower of Minas Tirith to make the fellowship archery total +1.

Very cool.

NBarden wrote:
8 Gondor Still Stands Gondor
Event • Regroup
Toil 1
Add two Gondor resources. The Free Peoples player must move again this turn, if the move limit allows.

I think toil 2 would be alright for this card - 4 exertions is still huge.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:02 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.

No comma needed after "Walls of Minas Tirith", and always capitalize "Men". I think I follow how it works--the ability triggers the first maneuver phase, then only the next maneuver phase if you exert 2 Gondor Men in the regroup phase between, yes?--and it’s cool.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.

Same comment on capitalizing "Man". Again, nifty.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification

Good stuff. Archery makes a lot of sense for a watchtower.

NBarden wrote:
Event • Regroup
Toil 1

I agree with Thran: toil 2 would be perfectly fine. MAYBE raise the cost to 9 if you do that, though it’s probably fine at 8.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:30 pm
NBarden wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
interesting...

Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
consider making it cost 1

Condition • Support Area
Fortification
make it one of those cards.

Event • Regroup
Toil 1

cool up toil to 2
"DáinIronfoot"
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:04 pm
NBarden wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Fortification.

Very interesting.

Quote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.

Okay. I see how it ties with the other two.

Quote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification

Balanced enough. Weaker ability, lower untap cost.

Personally, I think you should give these a SMALL twilight cost. Just like 1, or maybe 2. I know the remove a resource to play is a big cost, but if you DO get resources easily, I don’t want to see a Superpower Uberchoke Gondor deck.

Quote:
Event • Regroup
Toil 1

Interesting. But okay enough.

[/quote]
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards