LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:58 pm
Made a couple changes. Uber-choke wouldn’t be good, nice catch EL.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:32 pm
How about a really fun fortification doing stuff Gondor likes the best.

2 Defenses of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Maneuver: Exert 2 Gondor Men (or spot a knight and a ranger) to transfer this condition to a minion.
While skirmishing a ranger, bearer is site number +2.
While skirmishing a knight, bearer is vitality -1.
Regroup: Discard this condition and another fortification to discard bearer.

2 Layers of Defenses Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification
For every other fortification you can spot, bearer is site number +1.
For every 2 fortifications you can spot, bearer is strength -1.
For every 3 fortifications you can spot, bearer is vitality -1.
Maneuver: Exert 2 Gondor men (or spot a ranger and a knight) to transfer this condition to a minion.

3 Heavily Guarded Wall Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Strength: -2
Maneuver: Exert a Gondor man (or spot a ranger and a knight) to transfer this condition to a minion.
Assignment: If bearer is not fierce, prevent bearer from being assigned to a skirmish. Bearer gains fierce until the regroup phase.

And then some Knight/Ranger symmetry card.

2 •Defenders of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot a knight, each minion skirmishing a ranger is site number +1.
While you can spot a ranger, each minion skirmishing a knight is strength -1.
Skirmish: Exert a ranger to exert a minion skirmishing a knight.
Skirmish: Exert a knight to make a minion skirmishing a ranger site number +2.

1 Sword of Minas Tirith Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
If bearer is a knight, each minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
If bearer is a ranger, each minion skirmishing bearer is site number +2.

2 Banner of Minas Tirith Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Skirmish: If bearer is a knight, exert bearer to make a roaming minion skirmishing a ranger strength -3.
Skirmish: If bearer is a ranger, exert bearer to make a minion skirmishing a knight while bearing a fortification strength -3.
Last edited by NBarden on Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:14 am; edited 3 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:44 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Maneuver: Exert 2 Gondor men (or spot a knight and a ranger) to transfer this condition to a minion.

Men. Capitalized. ALWAYS. Grr.

I like most of it, but I think the knight-skirmishing ability is a bit too good for a potentially free-to-transfer fortification. I’d make it strength -2 instead. And what that awesome regroup ability, consider raising the cost to 3, but wait and see what other reviewers say about that first.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification
Maneuver: Exert 2 Gondor men (or spot a ranger and a knight) to transfer this condition to a minion.

Forgot the period after fortification. I know, it’s the little things sometimes. Razz Again, not a fan of the vitality reduction, but I can live with it a little more here since it’s harder. I WOULD raise the cost to 3 here, though. Oh, and I think the "every"s should be "each"es, though I’m not entirely sure about that (and considering the variety of wordings Big D used, I don’t think THEY were entirely sure either).

NBarden wrote:
2 Heavily Guarded Wall Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification
Maneuver: Exert a Gondor man (or spot a ranger and a knight) to transfer this condition to a minion that is not fierce.
Assignment: If bearer is not fierce, prevent bearer from being assigned to a skirmish. Bearer gains fierce until the regroup phase.

"Man", not "man". Grar.

Considering the way the assignment ability is worded, I think it’s okay to transfer this to any minion. Unless I’m missing something....

NBarden wrote:
1 Defenders of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot a knight, each minion skirmishing a ranger is site number +1.

Make it unique or cost a LOT more. But I like the idea.

NBarden wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
If bearer is a ranger, each minion skirmishing bearer is site number +1.

Kinda bland for rangers, but essentially a +3 for knights, so for that reason alone it gets a Thumbs Up.

NBarden wrote:
1 Banner of Minas Tirith Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Skirmish: If bearer is a knight, exert bearer to make a roaming minion skirmishing a ranger is strength -3.
Skirmish: If bearer is a ranger, exert bearer to make a minion skirmishing a knight while bearing a fortification is strength -3.

The wording on that last ability is all screwy. Try "If bearer is a ranger, exert bearer to make a minion bearing a fortification and skirmishing a knight strength -3."

I think this is way too good for only 1, though. Either drop the -3s to -2s, or take the cost up to 2. Might want to consider making it unique, too.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Maneuver: Exert 2 Gondor men (or spot a knight and a ranger) to transfer this condition to a minion.

Men. Capitalized. ALWAYS. Grr.

I like most of it, but I think the knight-skirmishing ability is a bit too good for a potentially free-to-transfer fortification. I’d make it strength -2 instead. And what that awesome regroup ability, consider raising the cost to 3, but wait and see what other reviewers say about that first.

Okay, I think I’ll wait on that for now

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification

Forgot the period after fortification. I know, it’s the little things sometimes. Razz Again, not a fan of the vitality reduction, but I can live with it a little more here since it’s harder. I WOULD raise the cost to 3 here, though. Oh, and I think the "every"s should be "each"es, though I’m not entirely sure about that (and considering the variety of wordings Big D used, I don’t think THEY were entirely sure either).

I’m ignoring the little grammar comments since I’ll fix ’em. can’t you appreciate sloppy DC’s? Razz Each sounds wrong grammatically, I’m leaving it at every. Big D doesn’t have a clue what they’re doing with wording. "Each the fellowship and minion archery totals are +3"? Gimme a break. Will up it to 3.

NBarden wrote:
2 Heavily Guarded Wall Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fortification
Maneuver: Exert a Gondor man (or spot a ranger and a knight) to transfer this condition to a minion that is not fierce.

"Man", not "man". Grar.

Considering the way the assignment ability is worded, I think it’s okay to transfer this to any minion. Unless I’m missing something....

Argh. The wording was originally different, but I was trying to get it borne by any minion in case a -2 would come in handy vs Nazgul or Sauron or someone. But then I forgot to pull that part. Will fix.

NBarden wrote:
1 Defenders of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area

Make it unique or cost a LOT more. But I like the idea.

Forgot a •. Sorry.

NBarden wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Skirmish: If bearer is a knight, exert bearer to make a roaming minion skirmishing a ranger is strength -3.
Skirmish: If bearer is a ranger, exert bearer to make a minion skirmishing a knight while bearing a fortification is strength -3.

The wording on that last ability is all screwy. Try "If bearer is a ranger, exert bearer to make a minion bearing a fortification and skirmishing a knight strength -3."

I think this is way too good for only 1, though. Either drop the -3s to -2s, or take the cost up to 2. Might want to consider making it unique, too.

I was contemplating 2, but then I though that it is being borne INSTEAD of a typical hand weapon, meaning that they don’t get a usual strength +2 or +3 bonus (considering the IB is THE most widely use hand weapon out there), and thus -3 was fair. I’ll wait on this as well.

Also, on the sword, I upped the ranger bonus to +2.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:35 pm
NBarden wrote:
How about a really fun fortification doing stuff Gondor likes the best.

Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Maneuver: Exert 2 Gondor Men (or spot a knight and a ranger) to transfer this condition to a minion.

Very interesting... but okay, I guess.

Although there is that armor that could turn your rangers into knights as well... that’d be mean.

Quote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification

Again, interesting, but I think it’s balanced for the sort of deck that would have to be used to take full advantage of it.

Quote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Maneuver: Exert a Gondor man (or spot a ranger and a knight) to transfer this condition to a minion.

Interesting. If you’ve got something else your strongest companion needs to take down, simply save a minion for later.

Quote:
1 •Defenders of Minas Tirith Gondor
Condition • Support Area

The first two abilities probably need to spot more than 1 ranger or knight, since with that one armor (armor of the white city, is it?) this becomes extremely janky.

[
Quote:
b]1 Sword of Minas Tirith Gondor[/b]
Possession • Hand Weapon

The knight part seems really powerful. 1 cost for a strength difference of 3? I’d make the companion Damage +1 instead.

Quote:
Possession • Hand Weapon

Troublesome wording, but it works how you intended it. Since it takes the place of a sword that could be put on a companion, it’s alright...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:34 pm
I’m thinking aobut the Defenders of Osgiliath...not sure what I’ll do to it. Is it really that OP with the armor, I mean, since you’d have to add it in for just a strength +1 site number +1? Its not really worth anything unless you run multiple guys. I mean, the guy can exert himself to make a minion strength -2 or exert the minion skirmishing him, but that seems balanced.

As for the sword of Minas Tirith, IDK. Maybe at the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion must exert? That sounds to much like a Rohan mount. Each minion skirmishing is vitality -1? Also to powerful. Not doing damage cause its not a knight thing, I’m thinking that strength - is the best. Maybe 2, though?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
I like it, especially the duel bonus thing!

Condition • Support Area
Fortification
noice. maybe make it unique.

Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
I like these! but cut cost 1

Condition • Support Area
maybe cut the skirmish abilities to make it more balanced ?

Possession • Hand Weapon
cool!

Possession • Hand Weapon

make both -, -2 instead of3
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:34 pm
NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.

Very interesting and I think it’s probably fine - knights are worse than rangers anyway.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification

This is awesome, but I think it makes a lot more sense to say ’While you can spot 2 fortifications, bearer is site number +2. While you can spot 4 fortifications...’ etc. As it is, it could be far far too good.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.

’Fortification’ should be below the strength reduction. Other than that, I reckon it could easily cost 2.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area

SO COOL! You know what you really need, you need a card to mirror the Armor of the White City to make people rangers! Then you could have a whole fellowship half of which are rangers with armour making them knights, and the other half are knights with a cloak making them rangers! Razz

NBarden wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon

Needs to specify a bearer. Otherwise, I think it should be bearing a fortification (especially for the first one), but nice.

NBarden wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon

You have a superfluous is on each ability. My only problem is that it’s a hand weapon, which is why the FP banners never worked. How about a support area condition called ’Banners of Minas Tirith’ that costs 2 and applies to everyone?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:31 pm
Thranduil wrote:
SO COOL! You know what you really need, you need a card to mirror the Armor of the White City to make people rangers! Then you could have a whole fellowship half of which are rangers with armour making them knights, and the other half are knights with a cloak making them rangers! Razz

WAY ahead of you.

1 Ithilien Cloak Gondor
Possession • Cloak
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be a Gondor Man.
Bearer is a ranger.

How about some companions?

3 •Faramir, Defender of Minas Tirith Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
While Faramir bears a cloak, each minion is site number +1.
While Faramir bears armor, each roaming minion is strength -1.

4 •Aragorn, King of Gondor Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Knight. Ranger.
While you can spot another ranger and another knight, each minion is site number +1.

2 •Eowyn, Lady of Gondor Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Resistance: 6
Valiant. Knight.
While you can spot Faramir, Eowyn is twilight cost -1.

2 •Arwen, Lady of Gondor Gondor
Companion • Elf
Ranger.
While you can spot Aragorn, Arwen is twilight cost -1.
Arwen may be considered a Gondor man.

3 •Boromir, Fallen Hero Gondor
Companion • Man
Resistance: 1
Knight. Ranger.
Boromir may not take wounds and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
Skirmish: Exert a knight to make a roaming minion strength -1 (or -2 if you can spot 4 rangers).
Skirmish: Exert a ranger to make a minion site number +1 (or +2 if you can spot 4 knights).

5 Men of the West Gondor/Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2
Each Man gains valiant and is a ranger and knight.
Each minion is strength -1 and site number +1.
Discard this condition at the start of the regroup phase.
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:37 pm; edited 6 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:58 pm
NBarden wrote:

1 Ithilien Cloak Gondor
Possession • Cloak
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be a Gondor man.
Bearer is a knight.

Don’t you mean bearer is a ranger?

Quote:
3 •Faramir, Defender of Minas Tirith Gondor
Companion • Man
Resistance: 7
Each minion skirmishing Faramir is strength -2 and roaming.
While Faramir bears a cloak, each minion is site number +1.
While Faramir bears armor, each minion is strength -1.
Regroup: Remove a Gondor resource to discard a minion from play (or remove 3 Gondor resources to discard all minions from play).

The first ability is quite ridiculous, it’s like Faramir starts things off bearing Faramir’s Sword (and the condition for minions being roaming is always fulfilled). Also, the ability for a blanket strength -1 on each minion is a bit overpowered, at really no cost (except he has to bear an armor, not really hard). To top it off, he has a last ability that can take out as many minions as you like at once (as if any would survive with him on the board!)

Quote:
4 •Aragorn, King of Gondor Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Knight. Ranger.
Each minion skirmishing a ranger is strength -1.
Each minion skirmishing a knight is site number +1.

Again, I dislike the blanket strength reduction on all minions.

Quote:
2 •Eowyn, Lady of Gondor Gondor
Companion • Man
Valiant. Knight. Ranger.

A Gondor Eowyn that’s a knight and a ranger. Dosn’t make much sense, but...

Quote:
2 •Arwen, Lady of Gondor Gondor
Companion • Elf
Knight. Ranger.
All cards that refer to Gondor men may refer to Arwen.

Interesting phrasing, but okay. Makes a little more sense than Eowyn (except for her being a knight).

Quote:
3 •Boromir, Fallen Hero Gondor
Resistance: 1
Knight. Ranger.
Boromir may not take wounds and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
Skirmish: Exert a knight to make a roaming minion strength -2.
Skirmish: Exert a ranger to make a minion site number +2.

I dont’ know what to call this card, overpowered or balanced....

Quote:
5 Men of the West Gondor/Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2
Each man gains valiant and is a ranger and knight.
Each minion is strength -1 and site number +1.
Discard this condition at the start of the regroup phase.

You know, with all these cards together, each minion, no matter what, is strength -3. I think that’s pushing it.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards