LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:31 pm
Well...let’s finish up Gondor now with a few more cards. Namely, followers. And then we’ll move on. Sorry to not have been on top of this as much as I should’ve.

Here we go.

2 •Citizens of Minas Tirith Gondor
Follower
Resistance: +2
Aid-3
To play, add a burden.
If bearer is a ranger, bearer is strength +1 for each knight you can spot (Limit: +3).
If bearer is a knight, each minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1 for each ranger you can spot (limit: +3).

4 •Incanus, Defender of Gondor Gondor
Follower
Strength: +2
Resistance: +1
Gandalf. Aid-3
When you play Incanus, you may remove a burden.
Bearer must be a Gondor man or Gandalf. Bearer gains knight and ranger.
Each time the fellowship moves, if you can spot another Gandalf follower, discard Incanus.

1 •Gondorian Smith Gondor
Follower
Aid-2
To play, remove a Gondor resource.
Each time you transfer this follower to a Gondor companion, you may tap or untap a card in any player’s support area.

I hope that the Smith isn’t to overpowered. Remember, when a card is tapped, its text is completely locked.

As for Gandalf, I intend to make one of each culture except Gollum. Please remind me if I forget. He will be a follower.

Here are the titles.

4 •Mithrandir, Defender of the Elves Elven
4 •Greyhame, Defender of the Shire Shire
4 •Stormcrow, Defender of Rohan Rohan
4 •Tharkûn, Defender of the Dwarves Dwarven
4 •Olorin, Defender of Middle Earth Gandalf

Like the idea?

I know that Mithrandir was the name used in Gondor, but I’m pretty sure Incanus was used there as well, and since Mithrandir is his name to the elves...

I’m putting a drawback as seen above on all copies so that they can’t be used together. Well...they CAN, but who would want to?

Also, vote for the next culture.
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:50 pm; edited 4 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:57 pm
NBarden wrote:
4 •Citizens of Minas Tirith Gondor
Follower
Aid-3
To play, add a burden.
If bearer is a ranger, bearer is strength +1 for each knight you can spot (Limit: +3).
If bearer is a knight, each minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1 for each ranger you can spot (limit: +3).

I think 4 cost might be a bit much for this card. Probably 2 with the burden and the huge aid cost is enough.

NBarden wrote:
Follower
Aid-3

Couldn’t work out who this guy was, until I read the bit at the bottom. I’ll save my comments on the theme for below. As a card, it’s pretty solid, and the 4 in this case could even be justified!

NBarden wrote:
Follower
Aid-2
Each time you transfer this follower to a Gondor companion, you may tap or untap a card in any player’s support area.

Nice, though could probably be free with removing a resource. Tapping a card which can’t be untapped could be seriously powerful, so you’d have to watch it I think.

NBarden wrote:
As for Gandalf, I intend to make one of each culture except Gollum. Please remind me if I forget. He will be a follower.

Here are the titles.

4 •Mithrandir, Defender of the Elves Elven
4 •Greyhame, Defender of the Shire Shire
4 •Stormcrow, Defender of Rohan Rohan
4 •Tharkûn, Defender of the Dwarves Dwarven
4 •Olorin, Defender of Middle Earth Gandalf

Like the idea?

The notion of having Gandalfs in each culture is great, but I do not like the fact that you can use all of them, and then Gandalf on top of that. I would suggest making them all called Gandalf with the aliases as subtitles. Though this could put you in a bit of trouble for Greyhame, Mithrandir and Stormcrow, I think it’s still worth it, because all of them are still Gandalf. Do deal with this issue, I don’t think there’s any particular reason why your cards can’t have the same subtitles as those before them - there’d just be two different versions of the same card.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

4 •Citizens of Minas Tirith Gondor
Follower
Aid-3
To play, add a burden.
cut cost to 3-2

Follower
Gandalf. Aid-3
Each time the fellowship moves, if you can spot another Gandalf follower, discard Incanus.
Gandalf? whats that do? should be if you can spot A gandalf follower...

Follower
Aid-2

works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:43 pm
I wanted them to be able to work with Gandalf, however. Hence, the ability to be borne by Gandalf. These followers are more his personalities.

I was going to guard them so they’re only useful to their particular culture, but I added a text that I’m going to add to all of them that makes them suicidal. Oh yeah, an unloaded keyword "Gandalf" which makes you able to spot Gandalf with them in play, as well as the built in drawback.

I like it now, you?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:59 pm
Nice stuff. I like the notion of Gandalf having multiple ’personalities’, though it makes him sound a little schizophrenic! Laughing

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:00 pm
Well...the picture you see of him in the Shire, on the Quest of Erebor, and at Minas Tirith are all different.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I still don’t quite get the gandalf keyword thingamabob.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:29 am
The point is so that you can only have one of them in play at a time as well as a Gandalf companion. Also, any card that spots Gandalf may spot one of these followers.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:11 pm
Ahh I get it.

1 in play at a time...makes sense
"DáinIronfoot"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
NBarden wrote:
The point is so that you can only have one of them in play at a time as well as a Gandalf companion.

How exactly does that work?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards