LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 pm
NBarden wrote:
All right. Everyone remember the dwarven theme? Throw up a bunch of resources, but not use them as efficiently as possible. Thus, we begin with...

2 •Gimli, Lover of Mithril Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
Damage +1.
Each time the fellowship moves from an underground site, you may add a threat to add a Dwarven resource.

Nice.

Quote:
2 Delver of Khazad-Dum Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Resistance: 6
To play, add a threat.
When you play this companion, you may add a Dwarven resource.

I’ll wait to see how you use resources here; but you might need to make some serious threat removal cards.

Quote:
3 Dwarven Smith Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Exert Dwarven Smith and remove a Dwarven resource to play a Dwarven hand weapon from your draw deck.

Since Dwarven weapons are generally very cheap, maybe you should make it add 1 as well.

Quote:
4 •Durin III, Dwarven King Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Damage +1.
Durin III is twilight cost -1 for each Dwarven resource you can spot.
Fellowship: Play a Dwarven artifact on Durin III and add 2 to add a Dwarven resource.

Again, need to see some more resource cards, but he looks okay. maybe drop the twilight adding to just 1, but then again, Dwarven artifacts are really cheap...

Quote:
2 •Gloin, Father of Gimli Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Skirmish: Remove a Dwarven resource to make Gloin strength +2 and damage +1.
Regroup: Remove a Dwarven resource to choose one: Remove a shadow resource, a resource, make the shadow player discard a shadow card, or remove 4.

What’s up with the random "a resource" in there?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I still think gloins ability just has TOO many broken possibilities...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:08 am
NBarden wrote:
2 •Gimli, Lover of Mithril Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Resistance: 5
Damage +1.
Each time the fellowship moves from an underground site, you may add a threat to add a Dwarven resource.

Don’t think he needs resistance 5 from a balance perspective, but fair enough if it’s for fluff reasons.

NBarden wrote:
2 Delver of Khazad-Dum Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
To play, add a threat.
When you play this companion, you may add a Dwarven resource.

I think I’d prefer to make him unique or cost 3 instead of adding a threat, or maybe limiting the ability to certain sights. Adding a threat I think is slightly too harsh a penalty for this guy.

NBarden wrote:
3 Dwarven Smith Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Exert Dwarven Smith and remove a Dwarven resource to play a Dwarven hand weapon from your draw deck.

Solid. Maybe he could cost -1 in your starting fellowship?

NBarden wrote:
4 •Durin III, Dwarven King Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Damage +1.
Durin III is twilight cost -1 for each Dwarven resource you can spot.
Fellowship: Play a Dwarven artifact on Durin III and add 2 to add a Dwarven resource.

Seems a bit too easy. Play a ring on him, transfer it to someone else, do it again. Maybe if it was maneuver so you couldn’t transfer them? Then you could probably get rid of the adding 2 as well - though that might be a bit too Rohan. Maybe at the start of the fellowship phase without the twilight adding would be better?

NBarden wrote:
2 •Gloin, Father of Gimli Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Skirmish: Remove a Dwarven resource to make Gloin strength +2 and damage +1.
Regroup: Remove a Dwarven resource to choose one: Remove a shadow resource, make the shadow player discard a shadow card, or remove 3.

Compared to your non-unique companions just above, this guy is ridiculous! One of them exerted and removed a resource to fetch 1 hand weapon, whereas this guy can just remove them to make him very strong, then discard every Shadow card or remove all the twilight! Costing 3 with ’To play, remove a Dwarven resource’ then removing the second option from the regroup ability (which is MUCH better than the others) and the damage bonus from the skirmish ability would make him MUCH more balanced.

My problem so far is that Dwarves weren’t meant to be able to use resources well, but each of Gloin’s abilities are better than quite a few of the Gondor equivalents.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:49 pm
Changed Gloin to letting the shadow player choose. And threw in a remove threat option, as well as upped the remove twilight option.

You’ll have to burn through several resources before you can start damaging your opponent. However, reloading the threats can mean some fun for the dwarves, so it has the power of a resource, although not a powerful one.

That’s about the power I want the dwarves to have. If I need to guard resources anymore, lmk.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:42 pm
I still think the non-unique companions are not good enough and Gloin is far too good.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:13 pm
Just an idea: Change Durin back to Fellowship: and simply add a "from hand" in there.

He works as is, but it’s just what I’d do.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:14 am
1 •Mine-Shafts of Khazad Dum Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, add a Dwarven resource.
Each minion is twilight cost -1 and strength +1.

0 •Ring of Greed Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Dwarf. He is damage +2.
Shadow: Add 2 and discard this artifact to add a Dwarven resource.

0 •Ring of Wealth Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. He is damage +1.
Each time you move to an underground site, add a resource.
Each time you move from an underground site, remove a resource.

0 Hewed Orc-Necks Dwarven
Event • Assignment
Remove a Dwarven resource to make a Dwarf defender +1. You may remove a shadow resource.
Remove this event from the game.

0 •Certainty of Death Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Assignment: Tap: Remove a Dwarven resource to make a Dwarf defender +3. At the start of the regroup phase, place that Dwarf in the dead pile.
Untap: Fellowship: Remove a Dwarven resource.

0 •Small Chance of Success Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Tap: If a Dwarf is losing a skirmish, remove a Dwarven resource to make him strength +2 and damage +1.
Untap: Fellowship: Add a threat.
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:40 am
NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area

Needs to spot some Dwarves to play, and should probably be free, but it’s lots of fun. Not sure I’d use it, but never mind.

NBarden wrote:
0 •Ring of Greed Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer is damage +1.

Can Free Peoples players use Shadow actions? I have no clue. Why do you give 2 separate damage bonuses for this card? Which one is correct? As a principle, it’s probably fine, but you’d need to check out the rules.

NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Ring
When you play this artifact, add a Dwarven resource.
When this artifact is discarded, remove a Free Peoples resource.

When are you going to discard this artifact? Make it another trigger like ’Each time you move from a forest site, remove a FP resource’ or something.

NBarden wrote:
Event • Assignment
Remove a Dwarven resource to make a Dwarf defender +1. You may remove a shadow resource.

Very interesting. I think I’d just get rid of the removing this event from the game and the removing Shadow resources, just to make it simpler.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Assignment: Tap: Remove a Dwarven resource to make a dwarf defender +3. At the start of the regroup phase, place that Dwarf in the dead pile.

Very cool. I like this one a lot, but you should not emphasise defender bonuses for the Dwarven culture.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Tap: If a Dwarf is losing a skirmish, remove a Dwarven resource to make him strength +2 and damage +1.

Fine, but the damage bonus is mostly irrelevant if you’re about to lose. I think I’d just get rid of that limitation altogether, and just say ’Remove a Dwarven resource to make him...’

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

NBarden
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:34 pm
On the first one, you’d have to be crazy to run it outside a Dwarven deck.

Ring of Greed...oops.

Ring of Wealth, very tricky, can be very nice if played right, if not, decent, but nothing exceptional.

Hewed Orc-Necks- Remove a resource to make Defender +1? I think its a little underpowered there. I like it how it is, but I might up cost. 1 or 2?

Small Chance of Success, damage in the dwarf culture has NEVER been about simply finishing minions. Look at all the damage combos. And why would you be pumping if not to win?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:52 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
maybe instead of that killer minion helper, each time the fellowship moves add 2 threats or discard this condition

0 •Ring of Greed Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
coolio!

Artifact • Ring
Each time you move to an underground site, add a resource.
Each time you move from an underground site, remove a resource.
works for me!

Event • Assignment
maybe or damage +1-2

Condition • Support Area
Assignment: Tap: Remove a Dwarven resource to make a Dwarf defender +3. At the start of the regroup phase, place that Dwarf in the dead pile.
defender +3 is too much. 2 maybe

Condition • Support Area

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards