LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:57 am
I just had a great idea of something to do with this set, so I’m adding 4 more cards to Gondor at the cost of a few cards to other cultures.

Here’s some fun Dwarven discard stuff.

1 •Dwarven Greed Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, add a Dwarven token here.
Fellowship: Remove a token from here to make the Shadow player choose one: discard a card from hand, remove a threat, or discard the top card of their draw deck.

1 Greedily they Delved Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Remove X Dwarven resources to discard the top X cards of an opponent’s draw deck.

1 •Ring of Hardiness
Artifact • Ring
Vitality: +1
Each time any number of cards are discarded from the top of an opponent’s draw deck, you may remove a resource to heal a Dwarf.

4 •Tharkûn, Defender of the Dwarves Dwarven
Follower
Aid-2. Gandalf.
Bearer must be a Dwarven or Gandalf. Bearer is damage +2.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may discard the top card of an opponent’s draw deck.
Each time the fellowship moves, if you can spot another Gandalf follower, discard Tharkûn.

1 Dwarven Craftsmanship Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Tap: Tap or untap a Dwarven card.
Maneuver: Tap: Spot a Dwarf to tap a Shadow card in an opponent’s support area. At the start of the regroup phase, untap that card.
Untap: Regroup: Exert two Dwarves.

1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Skirmish: Discard this possession from play to wound a minion skirmishing bearer or not assigned to a skirmish.
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:02 pm; edited 4 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:12 pm
NBarden wrote:
1 •Dwarven Greed Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Remove a token from here to make the shadow player choose one: Discard a card from hand, remove two threats, or discard the top card of their draw deck.

It feels like the discarding ones are a lot more eligible than the threat one, so I suggest making it remove 1 threat. Other than that, ’Shadow’ should have a capital letter.

NBarden wrote:
Event • Fellowship
Remove X Dwarven resources to discard the top X cards of an opponent’s draw deck.

Nice and simple.

NBarden wrote:
1 •Ring of Hardiness
Artifact • Ring
Response: If any number of cards are discarded from the top of an opponent’s draw deck, remove a resource to heal a Dwarf.

That’s rather weird. I at least suggest that it only triggers when a Dwarven card discards cards from the top of their draw deck. And I might make it an ’each time’ so that you can’t remove all your resources from 1 effect.

NBarden wrote:
Follower
Aid-3. Gandalf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert bearer to discard the top 2 cards of an opponent’s draw deck.
Each time the fellowship moves, if you can spot another Gandalf follower, discard Tharkûn.

I think I’d prefer him as a Thorin III, Stonehelm, so no exertion but discarding only 1 card, but nice all round.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Tap: Tap a Shadow card in an opponent’s support area until the regroup phase.

Any particular reason you’d want to tap your own card? With regards to the maneuver event, what happens to the Shadow card in the regroup phase? Does it stay tapped or not, it’s not at all clear because it’s not something like damage +1 which automatically goes at the end of the phase, it’s a permanent change in state of a card. If it doesn’t, then it could just say ’Tap a Shadow card’ (and that ability could do with a ’Spot a Dwarf, now I come to think of it), but if it does, it needs to say ’At the start of the regroup phase, untap that card.’

NBarden wrote:
1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Skirmish: Discard this possession from play to wound a minion.

’... a minion skirmishing bearer.’ There’s no reason Dwarves should have such easy Ring-bearer protection (or non-Dwarf protection, for that matter).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:03 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
1 •Dwarven Greed Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Remove a token from here to make the shadow player choose one: Discard a card from hand, remove two threats, or discard the top card of their draw deck.

"discard" should be lowercase, "Shadow" should be uppercase, and it should probably be just 1 threat. But I like the versatility.

NBarden wrote:
Event • Fellowship

Nifty.

NBarden wrote:
1 •Ring of Hardiness
Artifact • Ring
Response: If any number of cards are discarded from the top of an opponent’s draw deck, remove a resource to heal a Dwarf.

Um...no. The general idea isn’t bad, but it should work like other Dwarven rings, discarding for an ability and probably giving a damage (and perhaps small strength) bonus.

NBarden wrote:
Follower
Aid-3. Gandalf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert bearer to discard the top 2 cards of an opponent’s draw deck.

I think I’d require spotting a Dwarf to play, but it’s certainly interesting to say the least.

NBarden wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Tap: Tap a Shadow card in an opponent’s support area until the regroup phase.

Good points by Thran, so check his review. Thumbs Up

NBarden wrote:
1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Skirmish: Discard this possession from play to wound a minion.

Again, I agree with Thran.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:11 pm
Grammar Nazis.

I be wanting to annoy youse.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
I just had a great idea of something to do with this set, so I’m adding 4 more cards to Gondor at the cost of a few cards to other cultures.

Here’s some fun Dwarven discard stuff.

1 •Dwarven Greed Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Remove a token from here to make the Shadow player choose one: discard a card from hand, remove a threats, or discard the top card of their draw deck.
cool!

Event • Fellowship
works

1 •Ring of Hardiness
Artifact • Ring
Each time any number of cards are discarded from the top of an opponent’s draw deck, you may remove a resource to heal a Dwarf.
I guess...maybe add a damage bonus

Follower
Aid-3. Gandalf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may discard the top card of an opponent’s draw deck.
who is tharkun? cut cost to 3

Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Tap: Spot a Dwarf to tap a Shadow card in an opponent’s support area. At the start of the regroup phase, untap that card.
seems very weird. should have something to do with possessions iMSO

1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Skirmish: Discard this possession from play to wound a minion skirmishing bearer or not assigned to a skirmish.

I would just make it skirmishing bearer,
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:27 pm
NBarden wrote:
Grammar Nazis.

I’m a militant grammarian, and proud of it! Razz

Now there’s a superfluous ’s’ after ’a threat’ Cool

Good job on the axe, and SoP, Tharkun one of Gandalf’s many names.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:45 pm
Thank you, Sir Elf. THAT is all your fault, thanks to me taking your suggestion to change two threats to a threat, and forgetting to drop the s.

Now, if you please, can I get some reviews that are NOT just a criticism of my grammar?
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:55 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thranduil wrote:
NBarden wrote:
Grammar Nazis.

I’m a militant grammarian, and proud of it! Razz

Now there’s a superfluous ’s’ after ’a threat’ Cool

Good job on the axe, and SoP, Tharkun one of Gandalf’s many names.

Thranduil

Tharkun is one of Gandalf’s many names. Razz

Like Tharkun, though his twilight and aid costs seem a bit screwy. Maybe just because I haven’t seen enough of your other dwarf stuff here.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:03 pm
Twilight cost must be 4. That’s Gandy’s cost. Always.

Aid cost can change. What should it be?
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:50 pm
Perhaps add a +1 strength bonus or reduce the aid to 2.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards