LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
NBarden
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:01 pm
--- description ---
A green manabase for red destruction.
--- end description ---

I’ve been trying to build a deck around dragons for a while. But, they’re just SO EXPENSIVE!

So, I’ve made a deck that throws out mass amounts of mana for use. How better to do this than Green?

Basic Manabase:

Lands:
Gruul Turf x 4
Highland Weald x 4
Snow-Covered Mountain x 6

Artifacts:
Gruul Signet x 4

Creatures:
Birds of Paradise x 4

Enchantments:
Overgrowth x 4

Red-Red

Creatures:
Scourge of Kher Ridges x 4
Bogardan Hellkite x 4
Shivan Hellkite x 4
Shivan Dragon x 4
Rimescale Dragon x 4

Instants:
Skred x 4

Sorceries
Rite of Flame x 4
Browbeat x 2
Dragonstorm x 4

The point of the deck is to get a Rimescale Dragon out ASAP along with your snow lands. Set up your manabase REALLY fast, and then use Rite of Flame to throw out a lot of mana for Dragonstorm. Grab at least 1 Rimescale Dragon and as many other dragons as possible. Begin abusing Rimescale Dragon by eating through the mega mana thrown out to freeze your opponent’s creatures. Then, slam them with a bunch of big dragons.

Green Manabase provides mega mana, especially when you enchant with a 1 mana overgrowth (yeah, I know its converted 3 mana, but it pays for itself instantly by tapping the enchanted land).

I may get hammered for this, but I love the bouncelands better than the painlands. Bouncelands essentially up the land count by 1 each time you play them, because they throw the land back into your hand. Sure they enter play tapped, but the next turn they give a lot of mana, and you should be playing a land every turn. Painlands, on the other hand, can drain your life unless you tap for colorless, and that’s no fun. I’d rather use Prismatic Lens, personally. that’s why you usually see me running bouncelands and no painlands.

Anyway, I guess Dragonstorm is usually run with Molten Slagheap, but personally, I’d rather get 4 Rite of Flame and then wham. Enough mana, Dragonstorm. Or with this deck, 2 Dragonstorm.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:25 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Now, really, do you think Dragons are expensive? Run Upwelling. Sure, it’s risky, but for a fun deck, it should work wonderfully.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:57 pm
Or a heavy green mana-base, and after a couple dragonstorm, I’m fine and use the extra mana to freeze everything.

And my opponent doesn’t get to use their mega mana.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)